FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FFDiscussion

Home to final fantasy talks and much more. Rp, thread games, general chat, and show off sections are all active. Enjoy the community!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Admins returning after December 1st, please check the Elite Eight board, and read the sticky thread for more info.

-Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread

Go down 
+4
Princess ALY
Sarah
nemo
apzrman
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Just_Smile

Just_Smile

Female Number of posts : 681
Job/hobbies : Playing FF, horseback riding, drawing, Smiling
Biography : Gimmi FOOD ! :D
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2008-01-25

-Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread   -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 7:39 am

Of course ! Very Happy And it's awesome !!! It has some really nice characters and a good story ^_^
Back to top Go down
Princess ALY

Number of posts : 171
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread   -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 11:31 am

My friend bought it last monday.

Forgot to ask her about it >_<
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

Male Number of posts : 2201
Rep : 5
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread   -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 3:01 am

Friend at school bought it, and they said their undecided as to whether it's good or not.
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

Male Number of posts : 1130
Job/hobbies : Student
Biography : Checked this for the first time in 6 years. Hope you're all doing well with whatever you're up to these days :)
Rep : 1
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread   -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 2:55 pm

Yeah, i've heard that the first 10 hours are awful, but after that it gets really good. I'm going to get it when it drops to around £20 =/
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread   -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:45 pm

Yeah, I'll get it when the price drops. I'm starting to itch for another JRPG. Only got Lost Odessey (to which I've stopped playing at the moment).
Back to top Go down
lionheart1345

lionheart1345

Female Number of posts : 734
Job/hobbies : artist
Biography : I talk to strangers...that's how I make friends!! =D
Registration date : 2007-11-18

PostSubject: Re: -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread   -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:43 am

so anyone have FF13? How is it? I'm thinking about getting VS instead.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread   -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 9:49 pm

Get v13. It's the KH team that's making it. It'll be more win than FF13.
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

Biography : Checked this for the first time in 6 years. Hope you're all doing well with whatever you're up to these days :)

PostSubject: Re: -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread   -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 3:05 pm

I've rented it Very Happy It's actually the first couple of hours that are awful - very linear path, no customisation, the characters are all boring - but then it actually get's pretty good. It's still the same sort of thing, i.e constant battles, no real exploration, but it's a lot of fun, and there's quite a bit of customisation. See if you can rent it first, but if not, wait for it to drop to around half it's RRP.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread   -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 5:02 am

Yeah, I'm gonna wait until the price has dropped and there's a special deal on (considering when the price drops, it'll be AU$50).
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

Female Number of posts : 1352
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread   -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 6:03 pm

One of my friend's friend's has it, and he says how awesome it is. He says that battle system is better than 12, but it sounded confusing to me. Said friend wants the poster of Snow I got from Gamestop, but unless he gives me his game and 360, he can't have it! lol
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

PostSubject: Re: -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread   -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:30 am

Haha :p And it's actually not too confusing - it all makes sense when you play it, but it sounds terrible otherwise XD
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread   -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:55 am

It apparently has a complex story.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 7893
Job/hobbies : Admin/Writer/Teacher/Recruiter
Biography : Loved by many, hated by more.
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread   -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 8:57 pm

The game is absolutely stunning. Ricky's review is spot on about the start but the game really opens up in terms of battle after a while. I like it so far.
Back to top Go down
https://ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
Ricky

Ricky

PostSubject: Re: -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread   -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 7:59 am

Has anyone else bought it since?
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

Female Number of posts : 1352
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread   -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 8:17 pm

I've played it at a friend's house, but I didn't get too far in it. The battle system was so hard to get used to, so I put in FF12 and helped her through that.
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

PostSubject: Re: -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread   -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 11:25 am

I bought it a few weeks ago, and i'm beginning to regret it >< xD It's one of those games that you can really only play every now and again - it's just so damned repetitive! I'm only really playing it for the cutscenes, music and story now, the battles have got to the point where they're a bit dull Sad
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread   -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 10:02 am

Yeah, te Final Fantasy Faction on GT complained about it a lot. Moreso than FF7 or FF12, to which they really don't like (for no reason really).

I havn't gotten around to buyinfg it. I was more interested in FF14, but that's apparantly shit too :\ Oh well, just have to wait untill FF15, to which was announced a few months ago (planning stages back then).
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

PostSubject: Re: -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread   -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 8:08 am

Hopefully FF15 will actually be really good - it's almost like they turned FFXIII into a game for casual RPG players =/ And I think with FF14, you can only play your character for 7 hours a week while getting exp, after that you can't get any exp :S
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

PostSubject: Re: -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread   -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 7:15 pm

I actually sold FFXIII the other week - i just couldn't be bothered grinding, especially since it pretty much is all you do if you want to get anywhere in the later chapters. I'll just borrow it off a friend if i feel the need to play it again :p
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread   -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 3:48 am

Yeah, that happens to me too. When I traded away FF12, I felt massive urges to play it again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread   -Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

-Official- Final Fantasy XIII Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2