FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FFDiscussion

Home to final fantasy talks and much more. Rp, thread games, general chat, and show off sections are all active. Enjoy the community!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Admins returning after December 1st, please check the Elite Eight board, and read the sticky thread for more info.

Finaly Fantasy XIII

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 7893
Job/hobbies : Admin/Writer/Teacher/Recruiter
Biography : Loved by many, hated by more.
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Finaly Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Finaly Fantasy XIII   Finaly Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 2:37 am

So does anyone have some details on this game?

I heard that Carbuncle, Siren, Shiva, and Ifrit are in it as summons. That's sick as hell to me, I like the classics.
Back to top Go down
https://ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
Tif

Tif

Female Number of posts : 1563
Job/hobbies : kool-aid. Ohhh, yeah!
Biography : Do we have to fill this one out? >:{
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2007-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Finaly Fantasy XIII   Finaly Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 3:43 pm

I knew a long time ago, but the summons are used in a different way to aid you in battle. There were some screenshots in a video I have seen where Shiva was used as motorcycle while Lightning slashed away at enemies.

Uhm... I knew a lot of stuff, but then I forgot because it was so long ago. Let's see... There are parties, possibly. WIth up to four characters in it. But maybe not since the fihgitng style shows Lightning taking on like 30 enemies at once.

In battle, you wil use AP (Action Points) Gauge that will allow character(s) to perform a certain number of moves.

Sorry for the vague info, I'll just have to relook at the reliable sources again.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Finaly Fantasy XIII   Finaly Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 5:37 pm

Nah it's fine. So summons just fight along side of you like in ff12?
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

Female Number of posts : 1563
Job/hobbies : kool-aid. Ohhh, yeah!
Biography : Do we have to fill this one out? >:{
Registration date : 2007-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Finaly Fantasy XIII   Finaly Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 5:26 pm

Gameplay

Battle System

The concept for Final Fantasy XIII's battle system is to maintain the strategic nature of command -based battles, while also including the excitement and speed found in fast-paced battles. This system stemmed from a desire to create battles of the type found in Final Fantasy XII, while adding multiple player characters to the battle. Like Final Fantasy XII, the battles will be in real time, without any random battles.
Active Time Battle makes a return in Final Fantasy XIII but works differently than it did in previous games that used it. In keeping with command-based battles, players input commands by selection through a reel on the bottom-left hand side of the screen. Each command has an ATB cost, which reduces the total ATB bar. Selected commands are placed on a row of upcoming moves, above the bar. As characters fight, each command is used in turn, with the current command in use turning yellow. Commands can be chained together for certain effects. The environment also plays a role in battle; for instance, Lightning has been seen sending a soldier into a light, electrocuting him and multiplying the damage.
A map is seen in the upper left hand corner of the battle screen, with blue dots representing allies and red dots signifying enemies. The dots emitting circles are the characters currently affected by the fighting.
The upper right-hand corner of the battle screen shows a circular-shaped gauge, representing the Overclock mode. When full, Overclocking allows the player to induce a slow-motion effect, almost pausing time for everything other than the player. Once Overclock is activated, a rapidly decreasing number appears inside the circular gauge, signifying the duration of the Overclock status. This system may replace the traditional Limit Break system found in previous Final Fantasy games.
Final Fantasy X battle director Toshiro Tsuchida will return as the battle system director for the game. He has the intent of giving individual enemies their own personalities and background stories.He also replied with "no comment" when asked if players will be inputting commands for ally characters, or if they'll just be in control of a single character.

Summons

Summoning will also return in Final Fantasy XIII. Summons are shown as partly mechanical beings, and the possibility exists that they will feature not only in battle, but in outside gameplay as well. Shiva is one such summon that will be returning, and in Final Fantasy XIII, she takes the form of a pair of sisters who can merge into a motorcycle, which the unnamed blond male character has been shown to ride. Classic summons Ifrit, Siren and Carbuncle have also been featured in screenshots, but will not be returning in the classic sense. Producers of the game have recently stated that Summons will appear in "Digital Form" although the full extent of what this means is still unknown.

Plot
Square Enix has released only small portions of Final Fantasy XIII's plot since its announcement at E3 2006.

The Crystals

The Crystals of Final Fantasy XIII are sentient beings. They have the ability to create life forms and objects.[Cocoon has its own Crystal, and Pulse has at least one. It is not known how many Crystals exist. It is quite possible the people of Final Fantasy XIII see the Crystals as gods.

Pulse

Pulse is the name of the world in Final Fantasy XIII. It has a lush, natural environment inhabited by many monsters, so humans live constantly under the possibility of an attack. The Crystals decided to create the floating city of Cocoon to protect humans.

Cocoon

A futuristic, utopian haven built for humans. It was constructed by the Farsi when the Crystals decided Pulse was too dangerous for humans. The Crystal of Cocoon protects and advances Cocoon through technological creations. The citizens of Cocoon fear Pulse and its people, who they believe are trying to destroy the city. The Holy Government of Cocoon have therefore quarantined anyone they believe to be linked to Pulse, and deported them from the city.

Farsi and Lusi

The Farsi are beings whose existence surpasses humans. They constructed Cocoon at the instruction of the Crystals. Little is known about them or their connection to the Crystals. The Lusi are people chosen by the Farsi to carry out the will of the Crystals.

Characters

Lightning

Final Fantasy XIII's lead character appears as a strong young woman with strawberry blonde hair. She uses the codename "Lightning" to hide her true identity and apparently has some form of amnesia. She has been given an unknown task by a Crystal. Some sources say that she is leading a rebellion against Cocoon,while others say she is the enemy of humanity who will bring about the downfall of the world.
The two yellow stripes on Lightning's left shoulder symbolize her rank and social status. Her weapon can be transformed between a sword and a firearm at will, reminiscent of a 'Gunblade' from Final Fantasy VIII. Lightning is able to use gravity as a tool and weapon, for instance, throwing a small 'gravity bomb' to disable enemies at the start of a battle. She also seems able to defy gravity completely. Blue sparks run around her body at these times.
Character designer Tetsuya Nomura was asked to create a "female version of Cloud from Final Fantasy VII", and has described her as "not very feminine".

Blond-haired man

A blond, bandanna-wearing male who has been shown riding Shiva in her motorcycle form, wielding a gun. He is a big character, capable of running while carrying two people around.He was nicknamed "Mr 33cm" by the staff of Final Fantasy XIII because of his shoe size.He has been described as “cowboy like”, and his relationship with Lightning as “unusual”.

Red-haired woman

A female with red-brown hair who has been confirmed as a citizen of Pulse. According to sources, her weapon is a bow. In an unreleased trailer, she catches a disc and summons Carbuncle.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Finaly Fantasy XIII   Finaly Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:25 am

Tif you've outdone yourself this time. Way to go! This explains so much, but leaves so many questions. I'm pretty excited for a game I may not even buy.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

Male Number of posts : 2201
Rep : 5
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Finaly Fantasy XIII   Finaly Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 4:00 am

Back to top Go down
minox2109

minox2109

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Finaly Fantasy XIII   Finaly Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:23 am

all this excitement... but the prob is when is the game comin out... personally square is wastin 2 much effort in creating other games.... they keep pushing the game back now its TBA...
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Finaly Fantasy XIII   Finaly Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:58 pm

The red hair girl is reason enough to play the game for Jimi LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
Lucifer Erel

Lucifer Erel

Male Number of posts : 338
Job/hobbies : Ronin/Eternal
Biography : Fallen A Long time ago. Trying to regain These Wings.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Finaly Fantasy XIII   Finaly Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 1:09 am

Lightning is the name of the main character. Fits in with the whole elemntal names they've been having.

AND THANK YOU SO MUCH for the battle system research, Tif. It's highly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Finaly Fantasy XIII   Finaly Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 1:32 am

Nice trailer

^Click

I don't mean Lightning, I mean the red head, she's amazing.
Back to top Go down
Lucifer Erel

Lucifer Erel

Male Number of posts : 338
Job/hobbies : Ronin/Eternal
Biography : Fallen A Long time ago. Trying to regain These Wings.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Finaly Fantasy XIII   Finaly Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 12:30 pm

Yeah I realized that a moment too late so I edited my comment. yeah I also realized that Lightning has 'pink' hair not red...

yeah red hair chick seems to be our new Yuffie/Selphie/Eiko/Rikku/Penelo.

Yup yup.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Finaly Fantasy XIII   Finaly Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 6:06 pm

I have a thing for curly hair, and for pig tails, but together? Wow. She looks amazing and I will never let her die at any point in the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finaly Fantasy XIII   Finaly Fantasy XIII Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finaly Fantasy XIII
Page 1 of 1