FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FFDiscussion

Home to final fantasy talks and much more. Rp, thread games, general chat, and show off sections are all active. Enjoy the community!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Admins returning after December 1st, please check the Elite Eight board, and read the sticky thread for more info.

Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Final Round

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tif

Tif

Female Number of posts : 1563
Job/hobbies : kool-aid. Ohhh, yeah!
Biography : Do we have to fill this one out? >:{
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Final Round Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Final Round   Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Final Round Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 11:42 am

Still in the Running: Rikku
Bottom Two: Rinoa Heartilly & Tifa Lockheart
Eliminated: Rinoa Heartilly
Final Two: Rikku & Tifa
Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon: Tifa Lockheart

Contestants of Cycle 1: (in order of elimination)

Terra Branford, Final Fantasy VI
Ashelia Dalmasca, Final Fantazy XII
Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX
Cecil Harvey, Final Fantasy V, jointly eliminated with Balthier Bunanza
Balthier Bunanza, Final Fantasy XII, jointly eliminated with Cecil Harvey
Tidus, Final Fantasy X
Vincent Valentine, Final Fantasy VII
Rinoa Heartilly, Final Fantasy VIII
Rikku, Final Fantasy X(runner-up)
Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII (winner)

RULES!:

* You can only vote one character each week
* During the first (5) eliminations, choose your least favorite character (NOTE: Voting style will change once it narrows down to (5) characters)
* You can root for your character; however, be careful when you post something about a character that may offend somebody
* No arguments between which character is better than which
* Do not complain if your character gets eliminated; the competition is fair for every character

Cycle 1: The "Test Cycle"

Rikku - A spunky, young and tolerant woman with a bright personality.
Tifa - A caring and optimistic young woman who takes on the role of a Mother and role model of many.

Now it is time to decide which one of our young lovely ladies will become our Next Icon! This time, we will not be voting. Instead, we will deate on which lady should be the Next Icon. The contestant you are debating for will be your vote. If the votes are leveled out, I will determine which girl has the best supporting answers (don't freak, there's biasness here, cause remember, I like them both).

And guys, please make sure to keep it clean!!

Last edited by on Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:02 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Final Round   Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Final Round Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 2:09 pm

This may or may not work, but we'll give it a shot. We can always do it the old-fashioned way! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

Male Number of posts : 1597
Registration date : 2007-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Final Round   Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Final Round Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 3:01 pm

The answer is easy for me Tifa Lockheart. Based on sensible interest alone Tifa wins easily. In Advent Children she was the easily seen to be the most beautiful girl in the series with a sense of realism. As part of her couple she provides the strength for the hero Cloud, and as far as being a couple goes and how important that is for representing Final Fantasy, she has the capability to lead and go it alone too. I don't think I need to remind you that when Cloud was in his coma, Tifa was the leader of the party for as long as she wanted to be. Tifa is strong, sexy, and real. Lets not forget that Tifa is part of the only game that Square has formed a movie out of, and you can't say that doesn't matter when determining what best represents the series. Tifa is representative of success for Final Fantasy.

Rikku, if there was one character I did not want to win let alone be in the Finals she was it. Rikku is fake. There's not about her that was drawn from life, and she had little to no motivation to be in Final Fantasy X as a party character. Sure, she saved Tidus when he first was thrown into Spira, but after that the only reason she was able to join the party was becaused they busted her underwater machina can. She isn't part of any couple at all, and I personally see her as partnering up with Paine before any male. On that point she was part of the game that Square made into a sequel, but that was a failure. I don't think that anyone is willing to hold the opinion that Final Fantasy X-2 was more impressive than Advent Children or Final Fantasy VII, two masterpieces Tifa Lockheart was a part of.

I'm sorry Rikku is just plain fake and lame. Her hair looks more dyed blonde than natrual blonde. I still have to contemplate the reality of her orange top in Final Fantasy X. I have to even contemplate whether any such personality even exists in the world. Rikku is more suited for a comedy sitcom than the drama of Final Fantasy. She represents everything that is bad about the series, chick flicks, fake people, and lets not forget about her being a hero with the most lame of all fears, the thunder plains. I'm sorry, but I will never respect anyone that fears the ground they tread.

Tifa would jump into the lifestream to save Cloud, but Rikku would never cross the thunderplains alone for the sake of anything. Auron would have to push her across to overcome her fear.

Rikku is just lame.
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Final Round   Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Final Round Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 3:11 pm

Good job! Vince has a great example of how this should be. Now you all know how it feels with the final two of ANTM... >> Now to conintue on with the deliberation!

(mine will be short >>) Tifa is shown as a big part of the Final Fantasy stream. Sh eis popular and she is sexy. She has the most sense of reality. With that, she can surely represent Final Fantasy and she is extremely loveable.

Rikku: 0
Tifa: 2
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 7893
Job/hobbies : Admin/Writer/Teacher/Recruiter
Biography : Loved by many, hated by more.
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Final Round   Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Final Round Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 3:52 pm

mine will also be short, since i already made the case for her in the last poll lol.

I vote Rikku because she isn't dependant on any other character or a male lead, and is still loved by many. Simply put, she's realistic to me with her fears and confusion on ethics as her world was changing. She's not a woman with super strength, because it's not practical, the strongest woman has no strength advantage over the strongest man. The best female boxer could never beat the best male, it's too unrealistic. Rikku on the other hand is very smart and quick thinking, being able to mix any combination of items and know the outcome. Alchemy and Chemistry are two very prominent things in the world, much more so than hand to hand combat from a girl who weighs 105 pounds. Let's think about what fake is.

edit: Tifa 2 Rikku 1
Back to top Go down
https://ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

Male Number of posts : 1597

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Final Round   Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Final Round Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 11:08 pm

Jimi do you think that a female without her male like Rikku can honestly best represent the video game series that has more cutest couple polls than any other series? Sad to be so blunt, but Rikku doesn't even qualify as the best representative of an entire aspect of what the series is.

When I speak of strength Jimi, I'm not specifically speaking of physical strength. If you look at ff females, they are usually a very strong figure like Yuna or Tifa. Let's not forget that Rinoa, Terra, and even Ashe also represented strength. Not all of those characeters have what Tifa has when it comes to representing the series.

Jimi I don't believe that the Final Fantasy VII booklet lists a weight for Tifa or any character in the game. However I think many of us would agree that weight is not a key component of martial arts, speed and technique are, and Tifa had very good training from Zangan to be an efficient martial arts master.

Isn't alchemy considered to be some sort of magic where magicians turn stones into gold and other valueable metals?

As for chemistry I'm not going to comment on its role as science, but when I judge someone I'm not very likely to be moved to them because they are a chemist.

The point about Tifa is that she represents what is best about final fantasy; heroism, compassion, love, drama, courage, sexy, and cool. Rikku might be cool, but she's the farthest from love, drama, and courage.
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Final Round   Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Final Round Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 12:08 pm

XD I was gonna decide who was FFNTI, but I dunno now. It's kinda unfair because it's only 3 people doing it. :/
Back to top Go down
Silent Contemplation

Silent Contemplation

Male Number of posts : 2885
Job/hobbies : Guitar, Videogames, Listening to music for hours on end.
Biography : I'm a music lover, music is my life. I love to rp, and I'm crazy sometimes. But, I'm nice mostly ^^.

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Final Round   Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Final Round Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 1:28 pm

go Tifa. there. 3 to 1.

WOO

lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Final Round   Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Final Round Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Final Round
Page 1 of 1