FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FFDiscussion

Home to final fantasy talks and much more. Rp, thread games, general chat, and show off sections are all active. Enjoy the community!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Admins returning after December 1st, please check the Elite Eight board, and read the sticky thread for more info.

Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game

Go down 
+11
Vaan_de_Chocobo
Silent Contemplation
Yunancy
Zell_Wd
Seymour
lionheart1345
LeonKnight
minox2109
Mia
Jimi
AtLossForWords
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
lionheart1345

lionheart1345

Female Number of posts : 734
Job/hobbies : artist
Biography : I talk to strangers...that's how I make friends!! =D
Rep : 1
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 12:41 pm

Yeah, gfs were an awesome part in the game. In ff10, i really didn't like the aeons, even they were the same (ifrit, Shiva, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 7893
Job/hobbies : Admin/Writer/Teacher/Recruiter
Biography : Loved by many, hated by more.
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 6:01 am

well i like the ones in nine as well. but 10s were the most interactive i felt. these were cool to name though! So many!
Back to top Go down
https://ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
Vaan_de_Chocobo

Vaan_de_Chocobo

Female Number of posts : 735
Job/hobbies : Ff games, kingdom hearts, dodgeball, hanging out with buddies.
Biography : Dying from insanity :3
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 3:27 pm

I think ff9 is the most unappreciated game. I haven't met that many people that like it, and to me, it sucked too. But ff8 is so damn popular. Look at all the people on this forum that love ff8!
Back to top Go down
http://zetherangaming.heavenforum.com
Seymour

Seymour

Male Number of posts : 280
Job/hobbies : Video games and sports
Biography : I like video games, football, and ff.
Registration date : 2007-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 9:42 am

Jimi wrote:
1999=20th century, but that is a great point.

and andrew, would you like a fftactics section? i was expecting it to go in the compilation part and maybe get 1 or 2 threads lol. it is rather undervalued. but in relativity, i see vincent's point. though i feel 8 gets a lot of love from people who have actually played it.

No you dont have to, ill just post about tactics in the compilation.

And the kid at my school didnt bring ff8 and 7 in on wednesday...maybe he will on tuesday or wednesday and then i can finally play it.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 2:50 pm

alright cool, just lettin you know i can if you want.

and i hope you get em soon. they're both wonderful games.
Back to top Go down
Seymour

Seymour

Male Number of posts : 280
Job/hobbies : Video games and sports
Biography : I like video games, football, and ff.
Registration date : 2007-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 4:34 pm

yeah i have 7 but disk 1 wont play and i lost disk 3 recently. I hope he brings it on monday...he keeps forgeting like a dumbass...i remind him everyday too!
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

Female Number of posts : 1563
Job/hobbies : kool-aid. Ohhh, yeah!
Biography : Do we have to fill this one out? >:{
Registration date : 2007-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 10:57 am

This makes it sound more cheesy. The game is like Shrek, but only on a very high level of crack. The characters were amazing, though. However, Squall and Rinoa were not very good. It may not seem like it to you guys, but without his friends, or Rinoa for that matter, Squall would be nothing.
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

Male Number of posts : 1597
Registration date : 2007-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 11:12 am

xXxTifa LockheartxXx wrote:
This makes it sound more cheesy. The game is like Shrek, but only on a very high level of crack. The characters were amazing, though. However, Squall and Rinoa were not very good. It may not seem like it to you guys, but without his friends, or Rinoa for that matter, Squall would be nothing.

Oh how I knew this moment would come.

I'd say if you're going to compare this game to shrek, you've got a bit of work to do. If you focus your conscious manifold only on one aspect this game has to offer, maybe, but I honestly can't believe that this game is Shrek on crack.

No I really don't think Zell and Irvine made Squall into anything. In fact Squall's isolation early in the game is really just because he feels any person would do nothing but hold him back.
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

Female Number of posts : 1563
Job/hobbies : kool-aid. Ohhh, yeah!
Biography : Do we have to fill this one out? >:{
Registration date : 2007-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 11:19 am

Nah, I only compare it to Shrek because I can. And without Zell or Irvine, Squall woudn't of realized that there are people there to help him when needed.
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 1:02 pm

xXxTifa LockheartxXx wrote:
Nah, I only compare it to Shrek because I can. And without Zell or Irvine, Squall woudn't of realized that there are people there to help him when needed.

Did anyone really consider the extra characters like Zell, Selphie, and Irvine to deeply impact Squall and Rinoa. I always remember complaints about VIII regarding the lack of role the extra characters played in the story.

Please continue to develop this.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 1:38 pm

quite an interesting turn of events here. i'll play sweden and cheer from the bench.
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 6:13 pm

Jimi wrote:
quite an interesting turn of events here. i'll play sweden and cheer from the bench.

At least someone knows Naslund and the Sedins own!
Back to top Go down
Lucifer Erel

Lucifer Erel

Male Number of posts : 338
Job/hobbies : Ronin/Eternal
Biography : Fallen A Long time ago. Trying to regain These Wings.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 1:05 pm

Honestly, I've found more FFVIII fan faves in many different forums and here in my side of town than I have FFIX.

Also I don't think I know what the sales were myself, but I heard that FFVIII sold Way more than FFIX. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not too sure if that's fact or someone's ass blowing smoke info.

FFVIII may be a good FF, and it is, I've played it and finished it, and I like it. I just hate Squall and the story seemed to have cut short, but that's just me, but I humbly disagree with you that FFVIII is under appreciated.

FFIX is the under appreciated FF along with the classics.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 8:47 pm

The most underappreciated moment in the game was when we first meet Angelo, Rinoa's dog, which of course is my middle name, and that should be documented, highlighted, and respected.
Back to top Go down
x.Akashia..Chaoz.x

x.Akashia..Chaoz.x

Female Number of posts : 156
Job/hobbies : Sports, fooling around, chat
Biography : Hard to remember ^^
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 10:24 am

*cough* ...sure

It is true, if it wasn't for the others, Squall would be worse than what he already is ^^ but I guess that's what makes it interesting (the game), for me...
I'm really annoyed cause I have the game and I've been trying to play it recently but I have no idea where is the first CD, and I'm not starting form the second one! >< Damn it...
Back to top Go down
Lucifer Erel

Lucifer Erel

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 5:58 pm

You can always find it at Ebay.
Back to top Go down
x.Akashia..Chaoz.x

x.Akashia..Chaoz.x

Female Number of posts : 156
Job/hobbies : Sports, fooling around, chat
Biography : Hard to remember ^^
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 6:39 am

Lol, I don't buy at eBay. I'll just live without it, and besides. I want to save up for another game! ^^
Back to top Go down
Lucifer Erel

Lucifer Erel

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:57 am

JeeeZ. You don't buy at ebay? Fuck... how do you live? Jk. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:23 am

I honestly did not like the draw system, but i loved the card game. I wouldn't mind playing ff8 again if I had the time, but now I'm afraid that I don't.
Back to top Go down
Lucifer Erel

Lucifer Erel

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:43 am

It was hard to like the draw system. There were bosses you had to draw the GF's from and if you weren't paying attention, you would've missed the summons. Card game was hella fun, but I never found the balls to actually change the cards into items. I like looking at them.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:48 am

Haha yeah! I changed all of my duplicates into items though.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

Female Number of posts : 1352
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 12:26 pm

I liked the card system, but I could never win! It made me mad!!

Hey, they sell it at amazon.com. It's only 20 dollars for a new copy. That's how I'm getting myself a copy of FF9.
Back to top Go down
Lucifer Erel

Lucifer Erel

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 3:54 pm

FFIX is the most underappreciated FF. Enjoy that.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

Female Number of posts : 1352
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:31 pm

I'm sure I will enjoy it! I played a little of it before when I borrowed it from a friend. I got up to the part where you need to save Dagger in the forest. At least I think it was a forest.

Back on topic, though. My name comes from FFVIII. Raine Loire is Laguna's wife (or girlfriend, depending on how you view the ending FMV with Laguna and Raine. I've heard two ways: it really happened, or that it was only a dream Laguna had), and I love Laguna, so I stole her name!
Back to top Go down
Lucifer Erel

Lucifer Erel

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:45 pm

Yeah... I wasn't a big fan of FFVIII.... It's in my bottom five list. It's a good game... for some reason it didn't click with me. I gotta admit though, for being such a puss, Squall is probably one of the best dressed FF main character. Dark and dreary and shit Too bad he was as emo as Panic at the disco.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game   Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy VIII: The Most Underappreciated Game
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next