FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FFDiscussion

Home to final fantasy talks and much more. Rp, thread games, general chat, and show off sections are all active. Enjoy the community!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Admins returning after December 1st, please check the Elite Eight board, and read the sticky thread for more info.

Chapter 1 - Departure

Go down 
+4
lionheart1345
Akame~Soren
Vaan_de_Chocobo
apzrman
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

Male Number of posts : 2201
Rep : 5
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Chapter 1 - Departure - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1 - Departure   Chapter 1 - Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:00 am

The group spent the night feasting on the carcass of the wolf and talking. By the time the sun had risen, most of the group was ready to go. Marinus had to be woken up from his deep sleep.

“Oh right! Had forgotten we’ve got somewhere to go.”

Marinus gathered his things and caught up to the rest of the group who were a little farther ahead. They travelled for quite some time, stoping at a creek to fill up their water bottles and to have a rest.

“So, we’re going to this place called Sunnoh right? Heard it’s quite big. We getting more recruits there or something?”

Marinus put his bottle back into his pocket as he wondered why they were stopping over at another town. He knew they needed more supplies, but he also knew that supplies could be obtained from villages more closer.

The group was off yet again, marching through a small forest. It was a peaceful journey through the forest, only a couple of goblins daring to test the groups strength, but nothing too powerful.

As the group came out of the forest, they were at the edge of a large plain with quite a large town centred in the middle. Marinus knew that they were finally at the kingdom of Sunnoh.

“There it is! Finally, we can get some rest and maybe have a little fun before we leave again.”

The group entered the gates of the large town. It seemed very different to their town in Kina. There was quite a vast amount of people, all working away in shops or running errands for other people and children played on the streets with animals.

“Whoa! Where do we start?”
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 7893
Job/hobbies : Admin/Writer/Teacher/Recruiter
Biography : Loved by many, hated by more.
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1 - Departure   Chapter 1 - Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:59 am

You will start right here. Welcome to Sunnoh travelers, my father has beckoned you to our Kingdom, and he wishes me to meet you. My name is Shinu, Prince Shinu. Please, accompany me to our palace, and on your way, make a note of things you would like and or need and I will be sure that we accomodates you.

Shinu bowed slightly, being the courteous host that he was, well schooled in manners and politeness. He was a brilliant swordsman and military strategist, well trained and highly valuable to the Sunnoh people as the future of their land. There was more to Shinu than a well trained Prince, even more than he even knew about himself.

Shall we?
Back to top Go down
https://ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
Vaan_de_Chocobo

Vaan_de_Chocobo

Female Number of posts : 735
Job/hobbies : Ff games, kingdom hearts, dodgeball, hanging out with buddies.
Biography : Dying from insanity :3
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1 - Departure   Chapter 1 - Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 2:03 pm

Kel stared blankly at Shinu for a few seconds, as if trying to process the meaning of his words. She nodded silently, following the prince and her group.

The adventurers slowly made their way to the beautiful palace. Along the way, they passed the town square that bloomed with bustling crowds of people. A huge crystalline fountain sprayed clear, pale-blue water into the sunlit sky, creating small, crisp rainbows.

The palace suddenly towered before them, its brilliance evident in the noisy city. The architecture of the great castle was so strange but so beautiful, even Kel made note to take a closer look sometime.

She turned towards Shinu, waiting expectantly.
Back to top Go down
http://zetherangaming.heavenforum.com
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1 - Departure   Chapter 1 - Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:07 pm

As the group walked towards the palace, Marinus took in all he could see, he loved the place. He watched dancers as he passed by, stared at the fresh apples in the food stands and took interest in the fine craftsmanship of armour and weapons being made by blacksmiths.

“This place is better than I thought! I’m glad we stopped here.”

Marinus was too busy watching everything but where he was going. He bumped into the side of the palace. Surprised, he looked up. His jaw dropped in awe at the sheer size of the palace. It was huge and decorated with all sorts of decorations and plants. He wondered what was inside as Prince Shinu beckoned them to come in.
Back to top Go down
lionheart1345

lionheart1345

Female Number of posts : 734
Job/hobbies : artist
Biography : I talk to strangers...that's how I make friends!! =D
Rep : 1
Registration date : 2007-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1 - Departure   Chapter 1 - Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:54 am

Kazu saw the pleasure in his comrades' faces. The city itself truly was magnificent, but the individual structures were nothing compared to the beautiful palace. The castle seemed to be touching the azure sky, its ivory-white marble columns taller than even the tallest buildings combined. Every door, roof, and balcony were delicately carved with intricate, complex patterns. The colors of the palace were splendid, with light blue and cream to match the white walls. The entrance doors were towering over the group and the city's prince, its dark, blood-red and brown wood polished so finely that it shone with a soft glint as the doors creaked open.
Excluding Kel, everyone seemed to be amazed and happy...
Kazu was not happy. He wore a plastered expression on his face, as if someone had glued a smile on.
He hated nobles. Nobles, the human beings whom thought themselves as superior, human beings with the money and power. They looked down on his people, slaughtered his entire village, and took the survivors as slaves. Kazu would never forget the painful, burning sensations that lashed on his back and legs as his ''Master'' whipped him. He would never forget the angry and vengeful feeling that made his head spin as he watched his friends and family get killed, one by one...
Kazu noticed Kel staring at him.
''...?''
Kazu felt wetness slipping briefly down his cheeks. Embarrased, he wiped the salty tears off of his face and hoped that no one had noticed.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1 - Departure   Chapter 1 - Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 2:56 am

As the last of the group walked inside of the palace, the amazement did not stop. The inside was twice as beautiful as the outside. Large curtains draped across windows, exotic plants from places Marinus had never heard of and above all, Marinus could see the kitchen from where he was standing. He thought it was the best thing he had seen all day.

“I’ll be gone for a couple of minutes. Please, make yourselves at home, and don’t hesitate to ask for anything.” Said Shinu

“Some dinner would be nice!”
replied Marinus

Shinu ordered some servants to prepare dinner. As he walked away a servant came up to the group and showed them the way into the dining hall. It was a large room filled with lots of tables decorated with fine cutlery. As Marinus sat down, his stomach could be heard gurgling.

“Hope they’re not too long. Who knows what I might do if I don’t get any food soon.”
Back to top Go down
lionheart1345

lionheart1345

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1 - Departure   Chapter 1 - Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 2:17 pm

Kazu sat down silently. Although he was hungry, he did not intend to be fed by nobles.
Kazu feasted his eyes upon the splendid dining room. He closed his lips to keep from whistling.
Man, this Prince Shinu guy sure has a hell lot of a money,
Kazu thought.The dining room had a huge, glistening chandelier hanging delicately from the ceiling. The ceiling itself was magnificent, shaped as a dome, just like cathedral. The walls were of ivory-white marble, and the soft, pale colored curtains were tied aside so that the warmth of the sunkissed light spilled into the room and and danced like sparkles against the beautiful glass silverware.
Kazu watched as servants rushed in and out, bringing in the first course: beef. Blood-red, sweet smelling wine was poured into their wine glasses. His entire party started to feast, except Kel and himself.
Kel gave him a look. He ignored her and the delicious food sitting in front of him, and watched the birds sing outside the window.[/size]
Back to top Go down
Vaan_de_Chocobo

Vaan_de_Chocobo

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1 - Departure   Chapter 1 - Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 1:54 pm

Kel stared Kazu down, unaware of his thoughts. She turned to watch the rest of her party feast, and waited patiently.
"Aren't you going to eat?" a maid asked Kel.
"Negative," Kel replied,"I must recharge." She then absentmindedly took out a long, blue cord, and plugged it into a nearby electrical outlet. Kel slid the other end of the wire onto her arm, and little azure lights pulsed rhythmicly. Kel started to feel more awake, and sat still as she recharged.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1 - Departure   Chapter 1 - Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:31 am

“Ah, that was good!” Exclaimed Marinus as let out a burp.

Marinus waited until the rest of his companions finished. When they all had finished, they were led into a large room with large comfy seats. The maid said to wait until the prince returned, but Marinus was curious and decided to go check out the rest of the palace.

“I’m just going to the toilet”

Marinus snuck off and went down a large corridor. The place seemed like what he had expected. Kitchens, large guest bedroom, but what intrigued him the most was a room that was full of the history of the prince’s bloodline. Marinus flicked through a couple of scrolls and books, he found out that the prince’s family was far more different to other royal families. His was a family of noble warriors.

“oh, so we did stop here to pick someone up then. Never guessed it was the prince himself.”

There was a rustling at the door. Marinus put the books back and hid behind one of the bookcases, hoping the person would just pass on by.
Back to top Go down
lionheart1345

lionheart1345

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1 - Departure   Chapter 1 - Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:48 pm

Kazu walked into the huge, well embroidered room, and spotted Marinus duck behind a bookcase. "Hey," Kazu said, "What are you doing?"
His stomach growled suddenly. He laughed sheepishly and replied, "Sorry, I didn't eat much." He noticed that Marinus had a weird expression on.
"What's up? What were you doing here anyway?"
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1 - Departure   Chapter 1 - Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 4:36 am

“Me, well I was just passing by thinking this might the toilet room, but it’s obviously not and well I decided to stick around for a bit… What are you doing here yourself?”

Startled and a bit embarrassed, Marinus stood back up. He was still holding one of the books he was reading. It was called the book of royal blood. Marinus walked over to Kazu, waving the book in the air.

“I think I found some interesting information!”

Marinus opened the book to the page he was reading, which had a picture of a man in armour, fighting a giant dragon on one page, and writing on the other. Marinus read out the page to Kazu and it had become more clear to them why they had stopped at this place.

“So… This means that prince guy is going to join us, doesn’t it? It would explain why he knew we were coming.”
Back to top Go down
lionheart1345

lionheart1345

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1 - Departure   Chapter 1 - Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 3:51 pm

Kazu took the book and read the passage carefully.
"Hm. So is this like Shinu's family prphecy. I see."
Kazu smiled at Marinus. "You're quite the bookworm! How'd you find this?"
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1 - Departure   Chapter 1 - Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 2:29 am

“Just opened it to a random page. Lucky find, I guess.”

Marinus went back to pulling out books and looking at them, another one caught his attention. The book was about monsters and how to slay them, Marinus put the book in his pocket.

“Hrm… This will come in handy later on. Well, I think I’m gonna head back now. I’ll see ya when you get back to that big room.”

Marinus opened the door and walked out, leaving Kazu in the room on his own.
Back to top Go down
lionheart1345

lionheart1345

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1 - Departure   Chapter 1 - Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 12:27 pm

'Does he always steal stuff like that?' Kazu thought as Marinus walked out of the room.
He was alone.
Kazu looked around in the dark, quiet library. Tall mahogany bookshelves towered to the ceiling, ladders clinging to their sides. He scanned the spines and took out a book that looked interesting.
He sat down and read. After what felt like a few hours, Kazu realized that his friends had probably finished eating and might be looking for him. He closed the book, slid it in its proper place on the shelf, and ran out to the hallway to see what his friends were doing.
Back to top Go down
Vaan_de_Chocobo

Vaan_de_Chocobo

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1 - Departure   Chapter 1 - Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 4:02 pm

Kazu walked right into Kel since she stood right in the doorway.
"Kazu? Is Marinus or the prince present? I must speak to them."
Kazu noticed that the tips of the girl's fingers tingled with blue sparks. She caught him staring and held her fingers to his face. "Recharge complete."
Back to top Go down
lionheart1345

lionheart1345

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1 - Departure   Chapter 1 - Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 5:27 pm

"Ah!" Kazu laughed. "Sorry, Kelly."
He grinned as he watched her expressionless face became a bit annoyed.
"So, what are we waiting for? What's next?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 7893
Job/hobbies : Admin/Writer/Teacher/Recruiter
Biography : Loved by many, hated by more.
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1 - Departure   Chapter 1 - Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 1:05 pm

A tall king donning a brilliant red and gold robe entered the room. With a smile he started...

Warriors! Tales of your struggle has reached the Kingdom of Sunnoh! It would be my honor to leave my only son with you on your journey.

The Prince who welcomed them bowed from behind his father, seeming more obedient than anything else.

Will you accept my offer?
Back to top Go down
https://ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
lionheart1345

lionheart1345

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1 - Departure   Chapter 1 - Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:11 pm

Everyone turned their heads toward Kel. She was the primary leader, after all, or at least, in Kazu's view.
"It wouldn't hurt at all,'' Kazu replied, hiding his hatred towards the higher society.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1 - Departure   Chapter 1 - Departure - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1 - Departure
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2