FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FFDiscussion

Home to final fantasy talks and much more. Rp, thread games, general chat, and show off sections are all active. Enjoy the community!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Admins returning after December 1st, please check the Elite Eight board, and read the sticky thread for more info.

King's Court

Go down 
+5
Silent Contemplation
nemo
~Kimcora~
.:kairi:.
Jimi
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Female Number of posts : 457
Job/hobbies : violin as usual!
Biography : music : therapy for my messed up head!
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2007-11-22

King's Court - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 4:31 pm

"oh uh ya" she said brushing herself off

"me and doors dont really mix" she laughed

"anyway im glad im not the only one here i was getting kind of worried i was late" she said and smiled at her
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

Male Number of posts : 1130
Job/hobbies : Student
Biography : Checked this for the first time in 6 years. Hope you're all doing well with whatever you're up to these days :)
Rep : 1
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 5:47 pm

Ialdo had stolen away from the weapons room while no one was looking. When about to take part in an assassination or mission, he preferred to be above the bustle of the crowds, where he could think properly. From what he had seen of the people, he wasn't having high hopes about the mission at all. Two warriors, one who was clearly more focused on flirting with one of the girls (Who had no place whatsoever) and the other he didn't really know about. The other girl... there was something wrong with her, which he couldn't quite place his finger on. The mage did seem to be quite powerful though... Ialdo sighed. He hated having to devote himself to one mission at a time, it made him feel stressed... and although the pay was considerably more lucrative, he'd much rather be at his guild house with his fellow assassins... and under protection. Not that he couldn't protect himself, of course. Ialdo stopped running and sat down on a nearby roof garden enjoying the view, ignoring the shouts of a civillian to climb down.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Admin
Ben

Male Number of posts : 5624
Job/hobbies : Gaming.
Biography : I reject your reality and substitute my own. rip ffd </3
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 7:48 am

Lins took off his helm to speak with the small group of people. Some of us have already left, i think it may be best to head of out this place and get this mission underway. I assume that this is all of us. If we need to get anything else we can pick them up in town.

Lins felt eager of this mission. The most important one he has been sent on to date. He also wanted to get into town so he could pick up a few things that he had left behind at his home. Lins also wanted to see if there was anything else he needed there, like weapons and med kits.
Back to top Go down
gamemonk0

gamemonk0

Male Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2007-11-07

PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 3:23 pm

Slowly, as the hours crawled by, the shadows cast upon the ground began to grow. Until finally, the shadows were all but consumed by the half-light of dusk, and the edges of the world began to soften...

The sun began to drop down beneath the mountains on the horizon...

Within the soft light of the Silver Candle's main room, something stirred...

Three of the men who had come to drink and dine that night died in that moment. A feral howl burst forth from a dark corner that the lantern light did not reach, and a black abomination leapt forth from it, crashing through tables, and sending flaming oil from lanterns and candles flying across the wall.
Back to top Go down
Silent Contemplation

Silent Contemplation

Male Number of posts : 2885
Job/hobbies : Guitar, Videogames, Listening to music for hours on end.
Biography : I'm a music lover, music is my life. I love to rp, and I'm crazy sometimes. But, I'm nice mostly ^^.

PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:40 pm

As the darkness covered the city, Asuma stood at the gates, waiting for the others to come. He had closed his eyes a while ago, getting tired of waiting for them all. And then, it hit him. He had forgotten that they were meeting at a bar. His eyes snapped open, and he quickly jogged to a nearby guard. After asking him where the Silver Candle was, he was told that it was in the heart of the city, right after the market. Asuma growled, saying a quick thanks before running off. He jumped over people in front of him, met with yells of both anger and astonishment. Jumping onto a lone cart in front of him, he used it as leverage to jump up to a nearby building's roof. Running from there, again Asuma jumped from that roof to another, trying to quickly make his way to the market.

After running and jumping from roof to roof, Asuma had made his way to the market. And even now it was packed. He guessed that it was like this until the market closed, which could be any moment. But, he didn't have much time to waste. Nightfall was comming closer and closer, and his time was becomming shorter and shorter. Picking up the pace, Asuma jumped from the roof, doing a quick roll as soon as he landed on the ground, hitting a few people as he did. The people he hit fell to the ground, or bumped into others. But, he didn't have time to see if they were ok. Spotting the bar that he was supposed to meet everyone at, Asuma had to push through people in front of him, all the while holding his things close to him. You could never leave anything alone in a crowd. He had learned that the hard way long ago.

After pushing through the dense crowd, Asuma had come to the entrance of the Silver Candle. Sighing, he pushed through the doors, all the while hoping that he had not been extremely late. Seeing that he seemed to be the first one, he picked a table in the far corner, where he would be alone, at least for the moment. When he entered, he was met with glares, as people saw his clothes and weapons, and some just stared at him. He ignored them all nonetheless, and walked to a back table. He sat there for a while, slowly drifting off into a half sleep. And then, he was rudely awoken. A loud howl awoke him from his almost-sleep, and his head shot up, just as the howl ended. He saw a black form, seeming to be some kind of animal, burst from a dark corner of the bar, the opposite side of where he was.

Tables and chairs were mowed down in front of it, as well as three people who had been unlucky enough to be in it's way. Annoyed and confused, Asuma stood up, as it came crashing through another few tables, spilling flaming oil from lanterns all over the place. The people inside the bar screamed, and bolted out of their chairs, afraid for their lives. They ran from the bar, but some were unlucky...very unlucky. Flaming oil, as well as parts of chairs and tables, found their way to people fleeing from the bar. Chairs slammed against two people, knocking them out, of not killing them from the force. Oil from a few lanterns landed on one unlucky woman, and she ran around screaming and yelling. Asuma growled, taking out his Dadao from it's sheath on his back. As a chair came flying at him, he sliced through it, making it hit where he had been sitting earlier. He put his right index finger through the hole at the end of the hilt of his Dadao, and started spinning it in a clockwise motion, making it spin like the blade of a saw. When he thought it spun fast enoug, Asuma's hand flung forward, as his finger left the hole at the end of the hilt. As the sreature let forth another howl, a cut appeared on it's shoulder. A blurr of silver and black could be seen flying from in front of it, as Asuma caught his blade in his hand, an annoyed look on his face. "Well, I was going to try and wait for the others, but I guess you can keep me company."

Asuma's face went from a serious one, to a smile, with a childish look on his face. "Well, let's leave the innocent bystanders out of this, shall we? I have a blade, and you have...whatever it is you have." Asuma chuckled, and started to spin his blade again. The monster howled again, and charged at him, just as Asuma started to spin his blade. "...shit..." Asuma said, jumping back. The monster sliced through what had been behind Asuma, the chair and table he had been sitting in, sending pieces of wood, as well as flaming oil, everywhere. And, Asuma took adantage of it. Using the flat of his blade, as flaming oil came flying towards him, he used his blade as a bat, and hit some of it at the monster, just as it turned towards him. The oil hit the monster's right side, near it's face. "Ah, now I was aiming for it's face. Ah, well." Asuma said, smiling again. The beast howled in agony as the flaming oil met it's skin, or whatever it had for skin, anyway. The oil simmered, and died down, seeming to disappear, leaving no kind of mark on the beast. "Oh, you've got to be-" Asuma said, sighing. But, he was cut off, as the creature bounded forward, hitting Asuma with it's arm.

Asuma went flying through a couple tables, knocking chairs, tables, and more lanters with oil, everywhere. All this seemed to do was set the place on fire. Well, more than it had been. Now the fire spread to where the door was, blocking escape, as well as entrance. Different places on the floor were caught on fire as well, making trails of black and burnt places everywhere. Asuma's blade sliced through a table that was in front of him, as he seemed to laugh, lowly at first, before it turned into a full on howl. His face was bleeding; his nose had seemed to be broken, and blood trickled from it. His left arm was cut from the landing, as well as his leg was bruised from the table. And now, he had been hurt. The only thing he needed. He looked up at the beast, a wild expression on his face. "Your going to regret that, you know." He said it mockingly, almost like he wanted the beast to come at him again. It howled, and rushed at him, just like he wanted. And so, he jumped back, through a trail of fire, ignoring the slight pain he got from it burning him. Pain was nothing now. Pain was only fuel. As the beast kept comming at him, Asuma kept jumping back, until he came through the fire that was in front of the door. Landing outside, he seemed to have calmed down slightly, after not being hit. He looked inside the doorway, only being able to see fire. He couldn't see the beast inside.

(heh. that was fun :3
Join in if you want to. I didn't want to hog all the fun.)
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

Male Number of posts : 1130
Job/hobbies : Student
Biography : Checked this for the first time in 6 years. Hope you're all doing well with whatever you're up to these days :)
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 5:25 pm

Ialdo awoke to the sound of shouting and screaming. Smoke spread over the rooftops and Ialdo immeadiatly started running across the rooftops closer to the source of the fire. He cursed - it was nightfall. The inn that they were supposed to be meeting at was in the general direction he was heading, he supposed he could check out the source of the fire on the way. As Ialdo reached the source of it, it became apparent that the fire was in the pub. Ialdo readied a dagger and stopped at the edge of a nearby rooftop and watched astonished as Asuma staggered out of the building, covered in scratches. He had his sword drawn and seemed to be waiting for something to come out... Ialdo jumped of the rooftop and landed in a crouching position, his legs buckling slightly. He ran over to Asuma, weapon drawn.
"What the hell is going on!? Have you done this!?" Ialdo shouted over the roar of the flames.
Back to top Go down
~Kimcora~

~Kimcora~

Female Number of posts : 19
Biography : Yay!
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 6:20 pm

Talia looked around wildly not really knowing what was going on. She had her sword drawn watching the fight wondering if she'd actualy be able to fight something that big and fast. "Might as well! What's life without a little danger." She ran at the wolf and tried to land a blow on it but it was gone in a flash. The smoke was starting to get thicker and it made it harder to see as she searched for any signs of movemnet. It rapidly attacked her in different angels and she blocked them, the metal of her sword letting out a deffening clang. In an instant it lunged at her from behind, knocking the floor out from under her and had her pinned on the ground. With more effort than she thought, she kicked it off of her knocking into the flames and out of her sight. "What was that?!" She coughed examining the deep gash his claws had left in her arm.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Admin
Ben

PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 6:37 pm

Lins walked down the road to his home, he knew that there was a fire going on and most proberly a few of the people he was journeying with where there too. He was not worried as they should be able to take care of them selves. If they where to fall at a small obstical as this they wouldn't stand a chance against the challenges ahead of them. Lins got to the source of the fire and saw Asuma, Talia, Erk and Ialdo. Asuma and Talia had few marks on them. Lins smurked underneith his visor and took his spears off their straps, and rested on of them on his right shoulder. He reached the 4 fighters.

Looks like theres been some sort of ruckus, mind if i join in? Lins winked at them through his visor as he turned to face the door, completly covered in fire and smoke. What evers in there must be fire resistant. No howls of pain, no stench of death. Just smoke and fire. Its still alive and kicking. Most proberly watching us right now. Get on your guard and stay alert.

Lins turned his head to see them. Of course you didn't need to hear that from me.
Back to top Go down
Silent Contemplation

Silent Contemplation

Biography : I'm a music lover, music is my life. I love to rp, and I'm crazy sometimes. But, I'm nice mostly ^^.

PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 6:49 pm

Asuma looked over at Ialdo, seeing his weapon was drawn. And then, he got shouted at. "You know, you don't have to yell." He said in a calm voice. Looking back to the Pub, he could hear metallic clanging noises comming from inside. Sighing, he looked over at Ialdo once more. "Well, might as well not stand here. Something is inside that shouldn't be. That is what caused this." Taking out his Dadao and Baguadao from their sheaths, holding each by the holes at the end of their hilts. He spun his left Dadao in his left hand, and held it in front of him, using it as a fan to ward off the flames at the door. As he made his way inside, he looked around, as the smoke was getting heavier. Asuma kept spinning his Dadao, and he flung it around him, making the smoke clear near him. He saw Talia on the floor, and he ran over to her, making sure to look around him for the beast as well. "Are you ok, miss?" As he turned his attention to her, he was attacked from behind, tackled by the large black wolf-like creature.

As Asuma was tackled, he was tackled back through the door of the bar, taking the wolf creature with him. As he landed in front of Ialdo, he used the butt of his Dadao to hit it in the head, making it fly off him, dazed. That is where he made his move, spinning his Dadao in front of him. Asuma jumped, just as the Wolf saw him, as it regained it's senses from behind hit in the head so hard. It tried to move, but it was too sloe, and it's right hand was sawed off. As it howled in agony, Asuma chuckled to himself. He looked up again, another wild look on his face. If you looked closely, you could see that a piece of a chair had imbedded itself into the back of Asuma's left shoulder, the size of a dagger. It was twice as thick as a regular dagger, though, and was slightly protruding from his shoulder. Enraged, Asuma ran forward, ignoring the pain in his shoulder. As the Wolf's hand flew to the ground, it retreated, trying to jump high onto the roof of a building.

Asuma followed, throwing his Dadao forward, after spinning it. It landed in front of the creature, stabbing itself into the wall of a nearby cart. The Wolf jumped off of Asuma's blade after using it as leverage, to be able to jump onto the roof of the building in front of it. Asuma growled, and grabbed his Dadao's hilt, dragging it with him as he jumped off the cart onto a roof. Seeing the creature jump down into an alley, Asuma decided to use what he had taken from the armory a little earlier. He took out some razor wire from his bag on his side, and wrapped it around his Dadao's hilt, right below the ring. As Asuma followed the creature into the alley, he could see the Wolf runniong halfway down. "Well, one shot..." Asuma started to spin the Dadao in his hand, in a clockwise fashion, and threw it forward, as the razor wire was still attached to it. The wire was connected to a metal pole, tied around it, as the pole was in Asuma's hand. The razor wire quickly wound down, as the Dadao spun. The blade flew past the creature, seeming to miss. It embedded itself into a wall in front of the creature, yet again.

The creature took the bait, as it turned the corner to try and elude Asuma. But, the razor wire being in front of it would slice it to pieces. And, just when it seemed the monster would be beheaded, a small glint could be seen off the wire form the moonlight that decided to refract off it. Seeing something in it's path, the creature quickly stopped, just before the wire. Asuma growled, as he came to the monster, just when it was about to jump. Throwing the small metal pole, it wrapped some razor wire around the creature's right arm, right above the elbow. The creature jumped, and the razor wire tightened, as the arm, from right wbove the elbow down, was cut off. A trail of blood left from the Wolf trailed up to a roof, and the arm from the creature laid in front of Asuma. He growled, As he took his blade from the wall. It would have worked. But the creature seemed to have at least some intelligence. Who could give that to an animal who had no mind of it's own? A large black wolf with enough intelligence to notice small wire...he could think of nothing. So, he waited there. His injuries were finally catching up to him, as he dropped his Dadao, his left arm going numb. He would need to patch up his shoulder and remove the wood soon. But, he waited for the others near him back at the Pub to show up. He would need to have others to confirm what he had seen.

Back to top Go down
gamemonk0

gamemonk0

PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 6:58 pm

They saw nothing within the dancing flames of the Silver Candle. The entire building had become a blazing inferno, and there was a large circle of shocked passersby gaping at it.

But it was not from the Silver Candle that their peril would come.

Lins slumped forward as a stabbing pain burst in the small of his back, accompanied by an irritating buzzing. Suddenly, the sound exploded. As the other jerked around to search for the source of the danger, they saw nothing at first... until it was too late.

Into the light of the Silver Candle's flame flew a swarm of giant, black bees. Their stingers hanging below them dripped with clear fluid, and their carapaces gleamed obsidian. They descended upon the warriors below.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Admin
Ben

PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 7:08 pm

Lins struggled as he got up off his knee from the attack, he gasped for air. In all the times of my battles, that was totally unexoected and uncalled for. Lins dropped one of his spears when he fell, and the other was still clutched in his right arm. He looked up and took aim as he went to throw his spear at the bees. He found his target, nothing was going to stop him. He threw his spear with all his might, hitting two of the bees directly and the middle of thier bodies, spliting them equally in two pieces, before the spear broke through the wall of the Candle and stuck into the next wall. Lins slumped back down onto the floor and got out his long bow, not knowing how much damage he could do at such a close range. He fired his arrows, covering him self and the other warriors. The poisen from the bees wasn't to deadly for a fast action, but he need to get into medical care in the next 2 hours before any permament damage could be done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 7:35 pm

"LINS!!" kai yelled and ran over to him through the fire dodging as much as she could

"oh are you ok?" she asked with a worried expression on her face

"please please be ok" she begged and looked down at his wounds and flinched

"ill help" she said and a tear fell from her face

"i promise" she said

a blue soft glow started to travel from her to him and the wound nearly vanished completely and she smiled

"much better" she said and felt her eyes get heavy with exhaustion

"you'll be ok now" she smiled as his wound completly healed and she passed out
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

Male Number of posts : 2201
Rep : 5
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 3:45 am

The atmosphere of the place had risen from that of a normal town, to panic and fear. Townspeople were running around the place screaming and worried. Mikael, who had been siting in the Centaur Inn, heard the commotion outside. As he stepped out the door, he grabbed hold of a young man running past.

“You there, what’s going on?”

The young man pointed towards the giant inferno, as Mikael let him go.

“S-something, out of the shadows… God help us!”

The young man scampered off, as Mikael walked over to the gathering crowd around the burning inn. Mikael pushed his way to the front and leaned against the wall of a stall, watching the young men at the front staring into the fire. He was surprised to see one of them run back into the burning inn.

Moments later, Mikael was startled by the giant monster who came crashing out, with the man dragging along with it. He watched as the two fought a courageous battle, and was disappointed by the end result. He expected the man to be able to finish off the beast, not let it get away.

Screams started again and terrorised people started to run again. Mikael was alerted, but because people blocked his view, he couldn't see what the problem was. He pushed people out of the way and to the ground as he pressed on forward to find what was the cause for this panic. Mikael managed to finally get a glimpse of the other man who stayed at the front of the inn, he was on his knees, fighting off giant bees, with a girl, passed out at his side.

Two bees, unexpectedly stung Mikael from behind. Mikael smiled, as the bees recoiled from missing his flesh, and hitting his armour instead. Mikael drew his daggers and in one motion, killed both bees with one horizontal slice. He continued to slash at other bees as they swarmed to avenge their fallen comrades.

Mikael swung furiously as more bees swarmed towards him, he was cut off from the crowd who were running away, he was being forced towards the burning inn. Each step he took, he could feel the flames getting closer. Each step he took, he would slice through countless bees.

He thought to himself, this wasn’t really what he expected, but it was a welcome turn of events. His past week had been boring as hell, but he also wondered how many there was and where the came from.
Mikael finally reached the man and the girl, managing to stand his ground this time. He did not speak to them, as fighting off these monstrous bees was his first goal. This time, the bees had calmed down a little and he was able to become more aggressive towards them.

Mikael kicked a couple of bees into the inferno, sliced a couple out of his way, and started to run up a wall nearby, he did a great leap backwards at the top of the wall and started to swing in a circular motion with his daggers pointing out. Many bees were slaughtered as he came spiralling back down to where he was standing before.

“Damn them! There must be more than I ever expected”

Mikael’s only thoughts where to try and find a successful way out of the area, as he slashed more and more bees down.

(Probably one of the longest posts I’ve ever done! Razz)
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 7893
Job/hobbies : Admin/Writer/Teacher/Recruiter
Biography : Loved by many, hated by more.
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:05 am

((And it was good. Guess what ladies and gents, it's show time!))

A shimmering blade pierced the heart of the wolf as it turned and got the honor of seeing a fine execution in its last breath. The blood bubbled up away from its heart before bursting out through the back of its neck, leaving its head hanging back like a door on one last hinge. A quick hooking slash was enough to take care of that, as the head dropped in front of Asuma's feet.

You earned that trophy good sir.

Shinu was gone as quick as he came, thankful that the Silver Candle was not too far away. His walk didn't exactly turn into a jogging stride until he saw Kai passed out on the ground next to a hurt guy whose name he truthfully didn't catch. Caught in the midst of the oncoming attack of bees was the late guy and a new guy who seemed to have a very high level of skill. Shinu was sure that this man's training was not preparing him for attacks from overgrown bees. Shinu watched him for a moment, knowing that if they were to have any success against this horde of bees, they would have to fight next to one another to keep from being surrounded. Before that, he would have to help Kai who was rather defenseless.

Running over to her, he removed the cloth that was covering his lower body hanging from the bottom of his breastplate and laid it out over her. He then turned his attention to the man she was next to.

You seem healthy enough to fight, but you have to stick by her. Provide me and this man cover fire with that bow, we're definitely going to need it.

Shinu stood again and slid down each plate of retractable armor to make sure that he was fully protected. The final thing he did before putting on his helmet was to watch this man swing. He was far more sporadic than Shinu was, and maybe even faster. His issue however was his movement, Shinu only hoped that their footwork could match, none were even with Shinu here. He slipped the helmet on over his head, obtaining a metaphorical tunnel vision. Nothing else mattered now other than exterminating this infestation, and that's what he was ready to do.

He marched towards the running man, slowly spinning to make sure that he wouldn't get surrounded, and making sure that all of the hits that he took were in front of him where he was the most protected. As bees flew in and tried to sting Shinu's armor, he either sliced them with his blade or squeezed them in his armored right glove, splashing their guts over his armor that was going to be in need of a serious wash.

When he reached the running man, he clenched his fist that he held his blade with so that he couldn't attack Shinu out of reflex. He then pinned his back up against the man before letting his fist go so he could swing his sword.

Stop running, you'll just get us killed. Slowly spin with me and we'll cover each other. We have another man on the long range so we have to focus on what comes to us.

Shinu began to rotate slowly clockwise with the man, their armor pressed together, no attack to be concerned with from the back. As bees continued to slam into his breast plate and leg guards, Shinu's triceps got a great workout from the piercing blows he sent straight below him, clearing off the bees like he was engraving a tombstone. He got angry momentarily when he felt a bee slam into the side of his helmet, but resisted the urge to act out in rage. The bulk of their defense now was the other's body, and Shinu's militaristic approach reassured him of it. Instead he reached up with his right hand and smashed the bee before throwing it to the ground and stomping it with his foot.

I hope you're holding up. I can go at this for maybe another half hour, but we're going to need some more help at some point.
Back to top Go down
https://ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
nemo

nemo

Male Number of posts : 1292
Job/hobbies : :p
Biography : Geek
Registration date : 2007-11-18

PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:55 am

*Yumiiko trips over her shoes* "Yai! --OOF!!" *she rubs her head and looks up to see the armored man towering over her* "H-hee...." *she becomes disoriented*
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffliminality.forums-free.com
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 7893
Job/hobbies : Admin/Writer/Teacher/Recruiter
Biography : Loved by many, hated by more.
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:02 am

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiii!

Shinu didn't quite finish the cursing, but he was definitely not happy to see an unguarded girl in front of him. He was in heavy concentration, and now his rhythm was a bit out of sync. He couldn't leave her out for the bees to feast on, so he had to think quick.

My man, open your stance, make it a bit wider.

As their stance widened, Shinu quickly reached down, grabbing Yumiiko and sliding her under both of their legs. He almost left the man's head unprotected before jabbing his sword straight up and slamming through the bottom of the bee and splitting it from bottom to top.
Back to top Go down
https://ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
nemo

nemo

Male Number of posts : 1292
Job/hobbies : :p
Biography : Geek
Registration date : 2007-11-18

PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:07 am

*Yumiiko stands up and shouts* "You guys left without me, so I had to run all this way and you greet me by sliding me..on....the.....what the hell is that?!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffliminality.forums-free.com
Silent Contemplation

Silent Contemplation

PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 1:45 pm

((and NOW, it's time for me to show off. Again :3 But this time it'll be an attack that won't be overpowered and long and drawn out. Though, it will seem a little farmiliar to all those who've seen me and Kisa. :p))

As the head of the Wolf lay in front of him, he looked up at the knight that had landed the final blow. He was thankful, but little disappointed. He couldn't take all the credit for this. He had done the most part, yes. But the final hit had been for the one with the armor. And so, taking the head and putting it into his bag, Asuma jumped, grabbing onto the roof of the building in front of him, where the knight had been standing moments before. Pulling himself up, he ran along the buildings in front of him, to the pillar of fire that lay where the Silver Candle used to be. Seeing some bees-a grave understatement-Asuma stopped, surveying the situation.

First, there were the knight and other man who he had not seen. They were running along the Candle, slicing through a few bees each time. This still left a large multitude of them everywhere, attacking innocents and guards alike, sinking their stingers into them. Asuma, enraged, growled lowly to himself. First, there had been the Wolf who had caused his shoulder injury. Then there were bees? What the hell was next?! Finally having enough, Asuma growled again, jumping from the roof he stood on onto the ground below. He did a quick roll when he landed, to minimize the amount of force on his legs. When he regained his footing, he ran past the people in front of him still fighting off the bees, until he came closer to the bar. The bees raced at him, and he used his baguadao as a spear, stabbing it in front of him, to get most of the bees out of his way. This of course, left room for a few to get through, and they stung him occasionally. Fortunately, he had a tolerance for poisions. But this was unlike most he had seen. After a few minutes he felt sick, and weaker.

Getting even more annoyed, he looked with rage at the Candle. It had startd there. And then he got an idea. It would end there as well. As more bees came at him, Asuma ignored them, heading toward the Candle, running past allies, bees, and others who had succumbed to the poision in the bees stingers. Running inside the Candle, seemed like he was commiting suicide. Well, it could be just that. Asuma was running along the floor of the Candle, until he saw a staircase. Putting his Baguadao into it's sheath, he drew out his Dadao from his back again, instantly grabbing onto the ring at the end of the hilt with his left hand. As he pulled it out, instantly he started spinning it. But, this time, he did it counterclockwise. This acted like a vacuum, pulling in some of the fire as the spinning got faster and faster. Running towards the stairs he saw earlier, he spun his Dadao faster and faster, getting it to the point where a large trail of fire was following him. Meeting with tables and chairs, he sliced them away with his Baguadao as he ran. Jumping onto a table in front of him, the fire got dangerously close to him. Asuma, being onto a few feet from the ceiling of the Candle, sliced a single part of it, and jumped, bursting from the Candle in a firey fashion.

As he did, he aimed his sights on the large number of bees around the Candle. "Burn in Hell and die!" He yelled it loudly, and threw his Dadao forward, as it still spun counterclockwise. This brought the fire with it, as the Dadao made a straight path into the heart of the gathering of bees. When the Dadao sliced through a number of them, it landed on the ground, stabbing into the soft earth under it. This, was followed by the fire, killing most of the bees that were in the gathering. The bees caught fire, and flew around, catching others on fire as they went. And, as Asuma landed, he grinned. Most of the bees had been killed, and now his job was done. He fell forward, the poision of the bees becomming more potent as his body became tired, and his injuries slowed him down. His sword was stabbed into the ground right in front of him, scorched earth around it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 4:10 pm

by know kai had blinked awake and watched asumas daring little stunt and gasped as he fell to the ground

"oh no!" she yelled getting up and pulling out her katana

"NO ONE WILL HURT MY FRIENDS!" she yelled slicing at some of the bees that were one fire and others that were just buzzing around((she mostly just dodged them though ^^))

she ran over to asuma and kneeled down to him

"oh please be ok" she thought and touched his wounds

her arm glowed a soft blue and it traveled onto him

she closed her eyes and felt as she destroyed the poison inside of him

the wound started to close and she almost fell over

"he's ok" she said and used her hand to hold herself up

"stay awake" she said to herself trying to keep her eyes open

"asuma..." she said and looked down at him flipping him onto his back

"are you ok?" she asked shaking him a bit

"wake up" she said
Back to top Go down
gamemonk0

gamemonk0

PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 4:53 pm

(GOD DAMNIT! Maybe before you completely decimate one of my villains, you should wait for me to react? It was supposed to be a recurring theme... Now that the thing you assumed to be a wolf is dead, I have to re-write the story. Sigh.....)

The buzzing became almost deafening, as the angered insects swirled all around, stabbing and slashing with their stingers. The flagstones of the roads were slick with goo and blood, and several fleeing civilians fell to their knees only to be struck down on the spot.

And from the darkness of a nearby alley... came a shout.

"Begone, fiends! Leave this place! I banish you!"

There was suddenly a roar, as the sky lit up as if it were day again. White flame raced overhead, sweeping the devilish insects with it, carrying them into the flagstones. Confused, raging bees flew around in circles, their hive mentality shattered and each bee helpless, before being consumed in glittering flame. Soon, all that remained of their attackers were large patches of soot covering the roads and buildings.

Erk emerged from the shadows cast by the dying Inn. "Hurry you fools! We must get out of the town before more of them descend on it searching for us! We must be swift. Follow me!"

Erk turned back into the alley, and seemingly vanished into the ground. Suddenly, a burst of light flared in the alley, shining out of a narrow, square opening in the flagstones, and a trapdoor, before extinguishing and plunging the alley back into darkness. The soft glow of a torch coming from the trapdoor was all that remained.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Admin
Ben

PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:10 pm

Lins was not sure what happened. More people randomly showed up, He was ordered to cover with his bow, and then a shout, a burst of light then a elf wizard appeared. Things happened as fast as they would of done in a real battle. And yet he was still left stunned. All he heard was the elf shout follow me to the group. But lins needed to get his spear back. Or at least go home to replace it. He Got up off the floor and thanked Kai for the swift healing. I must go home before i move anywhere else. I have to check on things there. Also im sure my spear is still stuck in that wall inside the Candle.

Lins moved towards the door still in embers and ran through, he looked through his visor trying to notice where his spear had landed. He looked up to the first floor landing and it was there stuck fast in the wall. He made a run for the stairs but as he went to step on them they collapsed. Lins was not about to leave his spear in such an inferno, it had been through every battle with him. it was more then his weapon, it was his comrade, his freind. Lins looked around for a way onto the 1st floor without using the stairs, but to no avail. He looked up aboce him to see a beam and had become dislodged and had broke a hole in the landing above him. Lins took a few steps back from the wall and in a dash of madness ran at it, attempting to run up it and gain enough hieght to jump of it and get through the hole. He reached the wall, ran up one, two, three, four steps and then jumped with all his might just managing to get through the hole, but this came with its own effects as he twisted his ankle on landing. Lins moved on none the less and ran to his spear, stuck the too wall ahead of him. He put his hand on the spear and ripped it off the wall, and made a run for it. Now how was he ment to get back down. The only thing he could see was the hole in the wall which his pear made earlier. He started sprinting at that and threw his entire body at it breaking through the weakened wall, littering debry under him, He landing not fair from one of the warriors nearly toppling them over as he landed.

You all carry on without me, there some things i gotta do at home and other things i gotta collect. Move now. Lins ran down the street and turned to the corneron his right. He headed down thi street before taking a left and another right before he slammed his way through a door, to entrance to his home. Lins's home was only small, 3 rooms in total. Bathroom, bedroom, kitchen/living area. He ran into the bedroom, small as it is, fitted a single bed with red sheets, and a small red wood cabinet. Lins ran to the cabinet and picked up a belt with several pouchs attached to it. He ran back into the living room, only thing in there was a small table and a sofa big enough for two people while the attached kichen only have a small storage area and a small cooking fire. Up agianst the walls was another quiver of arrows rested between two spears. Lins picked all of these up and placed them in the area on his back. His back now accompanied 4 spears in the x shape, and 2 quivers on his right shoulder, His long bow was now rested on top of the quivers. I must be catching up with them now. Lins walked out of the door and headed back to the Candle.
Back to top Go down
gamemonk0

gamemonk0

PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:45 pm

Erk descended the stair beneath the trapdoor none-the-less, all the while cursing the spearman and all his ilk. He would have to come on his own. He was not about to risk the safety of this town or this party over a spear!

He didn't bother looking back to check if the others were coming. He could sense the last of them, the tag along, entering the stairwell. The bowman would just have to find his own way back.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

Male Number of posts : 2201
Rep : 5
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 6:16 am

Things were looking pretty down for Mikael, despite his best efforts, the bees kept coming like an unstoppable force. He was forced to use quick evasive attacks to keep up with the amount flying at him. Left, right, left, slash, jump. This was what was going through Mikael’s mind.

As Mikael drew his right arm back to slash yet another bee, he was stopped in his action. Mikael didn’t even turn to look at who had stopped him, only keeping his eyes on the attacking bees. The other man went back-to-back with Mikael, he instantly knew this man wasn’t intent on getting him killed, but wanted his help.

“Stop running, you'll just get us killed. Slowly spin with me and we'll cover each other. We have another man on the long range so we have to focus on what comes to us.”

“I’m not the one who would usually take orders, but in a case like this…”

Mikael was cut off as he slashed more bees that were aiming for his face.

“Alright, but you have to repay my kindness, I normally wouldn’t let someone order me around like that”

Mikael and his new ally slowly turned, killing bees that were attacking from any direction near them. Mikael became a little distracted as he found out that his new ally used more than just his weapon to kill bees.

Both of Mikael’s daggers were drenched in the bee’s blood and mucus. His attacks were slowing down, but he stayed at the same pace as the other man. Two bees tried to dive bomb them both, but as they swooped to hit Mikael’s head, they both ducted and swiped the two bees clean out of the air.

“I hope you're holding up. I can go at this for maybe another half hour, but we're going to need some more help at some point.”

“Is that all? I could continue until all these bastards are dead, but there’s no telling how many that is.”

As Mikael went to swing at more bees dive bombing, he heard the other man swear, followed by a quick order.

“My man, open your stance, make it a bit wider.”

Mikael looked back to see a girl at the other man’s feet. This was the first time Mikael had a proper look at his new ally, now knowing the true physique of him, and his mighty sword.

“A wider stance will only lead to more problems, let her defend herself.”

Mikael still followed the order, since he knew the other man wouldn’t think twice about leaving the girl to defend herself.

Mikael could feel the presence of another bee dive bombing at him, but he was too occupied with bees who were coming in from the left. He ducted a little, trying not to leave his stance too open for more attacks. Mikael felt the wind from the other man’s blade whiz past his head, as he heard the bee get completely disembowelled and split.
Mikael heard the girl shouting at the other man and was getting aggravated at the shouting.

"You guys left without me, so I had to run all this way and you greet me by sliding me..on....the.....what the hell is that?!"

“Little girl, shut up! We’re saving your life here!”

As Mikael said that, he slammed his dagger into an oncoming bee that was heading straight for the girl. He spun his dagger in his hand and brought his hand back to meet his other hand, which was heading for two oncoming bees. Both bees meet a painful death, with a dagger skewered in each bee.

“We’ve got to think of a better plan, this isn’t going to get us anywhere”

As Mikael said that, there was a burst of white that light the night sky up. For a couple of seconds, Mikael though he had been stung and killed on the spot, but after he realised the man and the girl were still standing behind him, he knew it was someone using the black arts.

A roaring sea of fire came from a elderly man standing outside one of the inns. Mikael leapt to the ground as the fire became more apparent, but he quickly realised the fire wasn’t going to consume him, just the swarm of bees. He quickly stood up so he didn’t look like a fool.

“Well, that was unexpected.”

Mikael spun his daggers in his hands before sliding them back into their respectful places. One on each side of his hip and finally relaxing after a long battle.
Back to top Go down
gamemonk0

gamemonk0

PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 2:15 pm

"FOOLS! Hurry! The longer we stay here, the more danger we will be in! We must escape the town immediately, before the main forces arrive! Dally, and you and the citizens of this town will pay the price!" Erk shouted up out through the tunnel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 3:05 pm

"coming!" she said running over to the capped man

"why wont you let me see your face... i bet you have pretty eyes and your keeping them all to yourself!" kai smiled standing next to erk ready to go her own blue eyes shinning with excitement

'i hope that everyone isnt so tense all of the time...' she thought and smiled

'well i have been trying to ease the tension a tad bit but i dont think it has been working...of course this battle didnt help much in my fight against the tension but....' she thought and smiled

'there is always hope' she thought and waited for erk to respond
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King's Court   King's Court - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King's Court
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FFDiscussion :: Role Playing Realm :: Role Playing Library-
Jump to: