FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FFDiscussion

Home to final fantasy talks and much more. Rp, thread games, general chat, and show off sections are all active. Enjoy the community!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Admins returning after December 1st, please check the Elite Eight board, and read the sticky thread for more info.

Last movie you saw?

Go down 
+26
lionheart1345
Ben
.Exotic.Angel.
Just_Smile
Sarah
Lucifer Erel
x.Akashia..Chaoz.x
Yunancy
apzrman
Kadaj
oogie-boogie
Keyes
minox2109
Elite
PrimordialFire
Mia
cc01
strawberrylove
shadowed thought
Silent Contemplation
Tif
Senzuba†An'Dor
LeonKnight
AtLossForWords
Jimi
Ricky
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Ricky

Ricky

Male Number of posts : 1130
Job/hobbies : Student
Biography : Checked this for the first time in 6 years. Hope you're all doing well with whatever you're up to these days :)
Rep : 1
Registration date : 2007-11-10

Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:37 am

Max Payne - 2/10 - I almost cried at how badly they'd made it. Some of the worst script i've ever seen ("That man's wife and kids were murdered, so you leave that man alone") and it was such an easy movie to make... Sad

Die Hard 4 - 8/10 - Surprisingly good, i wasn't expecting that at all.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

Male Number of posts : 2201
Rep : 5
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:05 am

You should watch the Hitman movie Razz
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

Female Number of posts : 1352
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:02 pm

Freddy Got Fingered: ...I don't even think I can rate this. It was horrible, yet funny. Crude, and I probably shouldn't have laughed so much, but I think watching it at 3 AM helped make it funnier

Underworld Rise of the Lycans: 7/10 Not as good as the other two, and you knew what was going to happen. It didn't seem that long, and it moved kinda fast. But Michael Sheen was in it the whole time, so I was happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightGabranth

DarkKnightGabranth

Male Number of posts : 279
Job/hobbies : Playing Final Fantasy
Biography : I'll miss you guys alot, I'm sorry I didn't help as much as I should've... If we decide to try again sometime in the future, please tell me if you can, and I promise I'll do better.
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 3:15 am

Alice in Wonderland: 9/10 Great movie, good storyline, good characters, and good effects. Like Avatar, i think the extra money to see it in 3D is very much worth it.

Godzilla vs. King Ghidora: 5/10 Being a boy, i honestly didnt care about what the Japanese people were saying, i was just waiting for the action Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Fresse

War of the Worlds (the Tom Cruise one): 8/10 People always tell me its such an awful movie, but i loved it.

In the Name of the King: 7/10 Just like WOTW, i loved it even though its called one of the worst video game movies ever, but it doesnt get an 8 because think they diverted from the game's storyline way too much.
Back to top Go down
http://tinychat.com/trollparadise
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:35 am

Karas: The Prohecy - 8/10

Epic, but hard to follow the story. Plus one of the characters NEEDS subtitles. He has them in japanese, but no English subs come up when he speaks.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightGabranth

DarkKnightGabranth

Biography : I'll miss you guys alot, I'm sorry I didn't help as much as I should've... If we decide to try again sometime in the future, please tell me if you can, and I promise I'll do better.

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 4:50 pm

300, 9/10: Awesome movie. Not nearly as bad as it seemed in my mind (although the decapitations were rather frightening to me), didnt expect a movie i tried to avoid watching to become one of my favorites like that.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:52 am

I thought the slow-mo decapitations were epic Razz

FF: Spirits Within (1/2 of the movie) - 6.5/10

Watched the last hour of the movie (since my damn set top box decided it was going to be an hour fast, causing me to think the movi started an hour later than it did) and even though it had explosions, it wasn't that interesting. Also spotted a few bugs with the animation (like colision detection not working).
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

Biography : Checked this for the first time in 6 years. Hope you're all doing well with whatever you're up to these days :)

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:19 am

Sleepy Hollow - 7.5/10 - Nothing spectacular, but it was an enjoyable enough film, and there were some really good performances.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 6:49 am

Karas: The Revelation - 8/10

Definitely rounded up the plot for me, made things much more clear. The fights at the end were badass too, though I wish more Karas joined in the fight instead of just 2 Karas.
Back to top Go down
.Exotic.Angel.

.Exotic.Angel.

Female Number of posts : 1205
Location : a birght and sunny day over at the hot beach in Puerto Rico ;)
Job/hobbies : Eat . Hang out . Beach . Movies . Sleep
Biography : Living, playing & laughing. All my essentials, nothing more.
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:58 pm

Diary of a Wimpy kid... one thing... l0l ! XD

From 1 - 10 ? No idea. It's crappy, it's cool, it's funny, it's dorky, can't explain it .. XP
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wolf_lover_heather
DarkKnightGabranth

DarkKnightGabranth

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:21 pm

Prepare yourselves, people.

The Flintstones 5/10: As far as movies based on old cartoons go, this one was pretty good. I dont think Rosie O'Donnell was a good choice to play Betty, though.

Somewhere in Time 3/10: I watched it with my mom. I dont care much for these lovey chick-flick types, but it was better (and sadder) than Titanic.

Alice in Wonderland (the animated one) 8/10: Good memories. I wish it was longer, though.

Dodgeball 9/10: Hilarious. The scene after the credits made me gag a bit, though Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Affraid

Mr. Deeds (only the first 45 minutes or so) 7/10: I'll try to find it at the library to finish it. What I saw was good, though. (I have yet to hate an Adam Sandler film)

Beowulf 10/10: Still one of my favorites. I wish I could see what happens after the ending, though.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 4:52 am

DarkKnightGabranth wrote:

Mr. Deeds (only the first 45 minutes or so) 7/10: I'll try to find it at the library to finish it. What I saw was good, though. (I have yet to hate an Adam Sandler film)
Watched 'Click'?

For an Adam Sandler movie I found it sub-par to his other movies.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 8:52 pm

Click was okay, but nothing compared to his other movies. It makes my brother and I want to go find Christopher Walken, though. lol

I've seen a few movies I hadn't before, so I'll update all three now.

Willard (2003 version): 9/10 It was, simply put, amazing. A bit weird, but it didn't detract me from wanting a pet rat. xD Then of course, Crispin Glover's one of my favorite actors, so I pretty much love everything he's in.

River's Edge: 8/10 Hella creepy to find out it's loosely based on a real-life murder of a girl. In the movie a kid killed his girlfriend and left her body near a river and took his friends to see it, and they all protect him until one turns him in. Again, another Crispin Glover movie. Smile

Shutter Island: 10/10 I thought it was going to be really scary, but it was more suspenseful. The ending was great, won't say anything about it, of course, but it was really well done.
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 6:02 pm

Get Him to the Greek - 8/10 - Not as good as The Hangover, but still really funny, a lot better than i thought it would be.

In Bruges - 10/10 - Still in my top three favourite films, absolutely brilliant.

Tenacious D - 6.5/10 - It's an alright film, as an actual film it's terrible, but it's entertaining.

Dorothy - 9/10 - Absolutely brilliant film, i'd never even heard of it until my friend showed me it. Great acting in it Very Happy

Dead Snow - 6/10 - It's a zombie film, so good for what it is, but not actually good.

Loads of others that i can't remember Razz
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 11:15 am

Buried - 9/10 - So, so damn good. I didn't expect it to be as good as it was xD

Scott Pilgrim - 9/10 - A film that actually rewards you for being a video game nerd xD I've watched it three times, and it was just as good each time Smile

Inception - 9/10 - It's actually better than The Matrix imo, which used to be my favourite film

Shutter Island - 7/10 - Not as good as i'd hoped Sad There's so many problems with the movie to do with Psychology Sad
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:02 pm

Shutter Island was a total mindfuck! I loved it! And Inception... I had to see it twice and I'm anxiously awaiting the dvd. It was probably the best movie I had seen in theaters.

Repo! the Genetic Opera - 9/10 I guess I've become desensitized to gore, because it wasn't as bad as I was told. The music is great, even though the acting wasn't in some parts, but it was a fantastic movie nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:24 pm

I liked it up until the ending... xD

Spoiler:

What's the basic synopsis of Repo? I'm not sure whether it's the movie i'm thinking of about Repo Men which kill people if they fall back on their payments of their new organs :p

I forgot to mention that i watched Sherlock Holmes as well, i only managed to watch half of it, but it seemed alright, if a bit too different from the Sherlock Holmes i like :p
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:37 pm

Yep, that's what Repo! is about. It takes place in 2056 and organ failures have become common, and a company called GeneCo can give you new organs but if you can't pay or fail to pay on time, they send the Repo Man after you to take the organ back. In this world, people are addicted to surgery since it's so good you can get plastic surgery for almost anything you can think of, and there's a drug called Zydrate that makes you feel nothing during and after the surgery. I recommend it highly! It even has shadow casts and a cult following, much like Rocky Horror.

I liked Sherlock Holmes, and I'm reading the book very soon. They're making a second movie too. =]

Yeah, the ending of Shutter Island confused me a bit. I think I may have to watch it again, since my brother said you pick up on a lot more the second time around. Like the guy who plays Rorschach in Watchmen being in Shutter Island. I didn't know that! lol
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 10:24 am

Watched shutter island recently (about a month or two ago) and thought it was well played out. Though some of the plot was confusing to even me. I'd give it a 7.5/10.

Tetsuo: The Iron Man - 4/10

Japanese Arthouse, what else is there to say?

Plot actually starts 45 minutes into it, and even then is really deus ex machina with the villain showing up later and having little-to-no connection to what previously happened. Some horrifying scenes, but the animation/claymation and costume design is impressive for it's time.
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 7:42 am

I watched Get Him to The Greek for the second time 8/10 - Still a good film Very Happy

Alice in Wonderland - 8/10 - It was good up until the "IT'S A FAMILY FILM SO IT MUST END IN A BIG BATTLE" bit at the end D:
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 5:13 am

Case 39 - 6.5/10 - Initially intruiging, but then becomes far too predictable with the "demonic little girl" route.

Blood Diamond - 7.5/10 - I wasn't really in the mood to watch it, so i can't give a fair comment on it; i probably would have enjoyed it more if i'd been in the mood.
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 1:15 pm

Kick Ass - 9/10 - Absolutely fantastic film Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last movie you saw?
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12