FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FFDiscussion

Home to final fantasy talks and much more. Rp, thread games, general chat, and show off sections are all active. Enjoy the community!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Admins returning after December 1st, please check the Elite Eight board, and read the sticky thread for more info.

Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion

Go down 
+5
Kadaj
Jimi
Silent Contemplation
LeonKnight
AtLossForWords
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

Male Number of posts : 1597
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 7:50 pm

Here it is guys, good luck coming in to this world and enjoying your experience of it.

Mieli was thumbing through his books in the Cosmo library in his boredom one evening and came a across a truly troublesome account. The text he read was an ancient report documenting the history of a calamity that fell from the sky. The calamity struck the planet like a meteor on the most northern continent. The crash deeply wounded the planet leaving what we now know to be the Northern Cave. To save itself, the planet took the lives of the Cetra in a natural disaster to bring it’s health back to equilibrium. As the Shinra Corporation grew, they began floating millions of dollars of research and development to explore the Northern Cave. The millions in this report published by the Shinra corporation seem to have been well spent as they found a strange lifeform at the center of the crater codenamed Jenova.

Shinra’s Professor Gast has studied Jenova to be an energy source, the spread of it’s power can yield a completely different human lifeform all together. Oddly enough Jenova’s cells have recently been compared by Professor Gast and his student Hojo to be similar to Mako. Mako is a crude energy source underdevelopment. Supposedly one barrel of Mako can power as much as a 1000 carts of coal mined from North Corel.

“hmmm, Jenova sounds awfully intriguing, but incredibly risky. It seems science will never fail me to search for the absolute ends of knowledge with unethical experimentation. I don’t understand how these sick scientists can do their work, it’s like they get brainwashed by the rich when they take the job.”

Mieli continued to read on. The research efforts spent on Jenova and Mako energy have made it possible to power a metroplex developed by Shinra named Midgar at a reasonable cost. Midgar has been under construction for years, but development has been slow and population has never came because of the fact of getting power to such a city with grand plans.

“This seems really old, Midgar is incredibly densely populated now, but supposedly power costs are outrageous limiting the population to the very very rich. I’m going to ask Bugenhagen about it.”

Mieli knocks on the door.

“Hey Bugenhagen”

“Ho ho hooo, there is some one I have not seen in awhile. What brings you to my humble abode, Mieli?”

“I was doing some research the other night and I came across and interesting document of Shinra’s development of Midgar and the research regarding Jenova and Mako energy.”

“Oh, is that so, Mieli?”

“Yes have you read it before?”

“Ho ho hooo, you know I’ve read everything our grand library has to offer here in the Canyon. I was quite troubled by the document weren’t you?”

“Hell yeah I was, the work regarding Jenova and experimentation regarding human beings is most troublesome professor.”

“Not only that, but Mako energy is troublesome too.”

“That didn’t disturb me as much, what do you find troublesome about it?”

“Ho ho hooo, has your education in natural sciences taught you nothing.”

“It has, what should I be looking for.”

“Spirit energy, tell me about it!”

“Spirit energy is the totality of all living things professor. Any being and any being on the planet is made up of spirit energy. When a person dies their spirit energy returns to the planet and when someone is born this energy is taken away.”

“Now is there anything you know of in this world that could produce as much power as Shinra claims Mako will?”

“If I had to guess, I’d say spirit energy.”

“Ho ho hooo, excellent work my old student. Shinra can’t say they will kill the planet to turn on lights, so they market us spirit energy as mako energy. Clever aren’t they.”

“Assholes.”

“Ho, you’re always so profane when you learn of your distastes.”

“So Bugenhagen, what will happen to the planet when all the spirit energy is used up for mako energy, will we all die?”

“Not only us, but the planet as well.”

Bugenhagen nodded to Mieli and Mieli walked up to the platform were Bugenhagen was floating. As he boarded, the platform raised into a model of the universe Mieli was familiar with this phenomenon Bugenhagen called “The Ancient Machine.”

“You see the planet needs spirit energy not only to allow birth and fertilization of life to be possible, but for itself to survive. Observe what happens when the planet has no spirit energy or grows to lose it.”

The simulation ran, the luscious green grasses of the planet began to turn brown. Fewer and fewer lifeforms walk the planet due to crises of infertility. Eventually all the life began to dry out of the planet leaving it nothing but a gray barren land of ash. As the gravity of the sun continued to push the planet along the cosmic play, the land of ash disinigrated into nothing. However the simulation didn’t stop there, as the gravitational forces of the universe changed with the lack of our planet. Our moons were rocketed into the surface of other surrounding planets causing incredible death and devastation to worlds not yet know to us. The nearest planets to the sun were pulled right in without our own planets gravity to pull them back from it.

“Are you implying that all of this disaster will be caused by human greed?”

“Ho ho hooo, right you are wise Mieli. Millions will die and the universe will fall into chaos so that we can warm our homes in the winter and watch our TVs when we’re bored.”

“Fuckers.”

“Ho ho, profanity.”

“Shut up Bugenhagen.”

“Good luck Mieli.”

“I have to work to do Bugenhagen, would you mind joining me for one last blunt over by the Cosmo Candle.”

“Ho ho hooo, that is the best of all fair well gifts.”

Mieli and Bugenhagen proceeded down to the candle to light up a couple. As usual the bonfire was a crowded place where many chose to do the same thing. However the intellectual climate of the Canyon kept socialization to a minimum and reflection and meditation to a max.

“What do you hope to accomplish on this journey of yours Mieli?”

“I’ve always wanted to make a difference in the world. I’ve always wanted to eliminate the greed from the boundless human heart and the pain from the fragile human soul.”

“And you think a journey will do this?”

“Bugenhagen there are two types of people in this world. You can be somebody and do inspirational things that may change the world years later even if you can’t get what you want now, or you can be nobody and mope around wishing someone else did something. Society is a progressive thing Bugenhagen, and I just can’t sit around idle while our planet and our race is in pain. I need to try to change the world even if someone else has to finish later.”

“I see you’ve made up your mind. Our books and wisdom can hold your heart no more Mieli. May you accomplish what you hope others to finish.”

“My sincerest gratitude to you Bugenhagen for passing your wisdom down to me and setting me on the path I rightly follow today.”

“Farewell Mieli.”

Mieli slept the night like a log after all the weed. When dawn came and the sun arised high in the sky, it was Mieli who would leave the Canyon alone. Before he could make it down the red canyon steps he was once again confronted by Bugenhagen.

“Mieli before you leave take this.”

“What material, I didn’t know any of this was in the Canyon.”

“You’re at a loss when your opponent’s got the drop on you. Equip this and you’ll face your enemy straight ahead instinctively. Let the planet be your guide.”

“My thanks Bugenhagen.”

The scene shifts to Midgar’s sector 1 at the Shinra HQ. The mighty jumbotrons in each sector and every private TV in Midgar shifted from usual programming to bring a special address from President Shinra. A charismatic young blonde man wearing a red suit stroked his goatee as he delivered his speech.

“Workers, entrepreneurs, engineers, and all Midgardians. I address you today to bring you the most pleasant of news. As some of you privileged citizens already know the Shinra Corporation has spent thousands of dollars on research for a new energy source. An energy source that will dominate the pains of expense and collection we’ve known through coal. I call this source Mako energy. Mako energy and it’s reactor will help us all to lead comfortable lives. This means more rewards for less work, and less work for greater leisure. Our society has taken an amazing step today, and I can say with the greatest of pleasures. Mr. Reeve start the reactor!!!!”

As all of the metroplex Midgar celebrated in joy, Mieli the lone hippie idealist wrapped his favorite bandanna back around his head and sojourned to his next destination Gongaga.
Back to top Go down
LeonKnight

LeonKnight

Male Number of posts : 2031
Job/hobbies : uuuhm plenty of things...well not really...I DON'T KNOW!!!
Biography : Jecht Fan l33t
Registration date : 2007-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 6:26 pm

Kyo turned and tossed in his sleep underneath the small tent that he had made. His body was sweating profusely and his eyes were moving with quick speeds underneath his closed eye lids. "Noooo!!!," he screamed as he woke sitting up. His breathing was fast and rapid and he looked around quickly too see where he was and when he figured out where he fell back and sighed in relief. "Again with that damned nightmare, why has it been coming every night for the pass few weeks," he said to himself his eyes closed and his right hand upon his forehead. the dream that kept on hunting him was one of a freighting experience. He was walking through what seemed like a corridor to a reactor of some sort of power plant. Then as soon as he reach the doors he got surrounded by soldiers that he did not know of. He wouldn't give into their commands and bullets were sent flying right into his body. Then he charged up all the energy in his body and destroyed everything, including himself. He then sighed and sat up and drew his knee to his chest and rested his arm upon it.

"It is just a dream Kyo, nothing to get all afraid over. Since when has anything I have dreamed of come true, never, if they have I would be one very very happy man," he said to himself opening his eyes slowly. He then looked at his arm the was resting upon his knee. The pentagram tattoo on it was what caused his journey and his pain and suffering, yet for some reason he found solitude around the forests of Mideel. Something about this island just calmed him, probably because the only town on it was a small one of very few inhabitants. He then sighed and crawled out the small tent. The sun was already beating down upon the trees. A collage of light and shade covered the ground around him and the tent. He then turned to the direction of Mideel without even bothering to take down the tent, he didn't really care because all of his possessions were on his person so rummaging through it would be a futile effort.

As he walked he grabbed the bag of gil that was tired around his waist and tossed it into the air and caught it again. All of the money earned in that small bag was doing deeds for the town of Mideel, it was basically his home now, and he was quite proud of it. Yet like all humans he needed to eat or else he would just keep the gil as a trophy of sorts. Mideel though was now the only town he had any business with and the only one he would enter the other towns just had too much population. He then found himself at the entrance to Mideel. “Well that was faster than I thought it would be,” Kyo told himself and headed towards the pub. Yet as he was walking something that he heard caught his attention. He looked at a television in one of the houses and saw the president of a company called Shinra was giving a speech. He then looked around carefully and snuck into the house. Kyo listened carefully as the President spoke

“Workers, entrepreneurs, engineers, and all Midgardians. I address you today to bring you the most pleasant of news. As some of you privileged citizens already know the Shinra Corporation has spent thousands of dollars on research for a new energy source. An energy source that will dominate the pains of expense and collection we’ve known through coal. I call this source Mako energy. Mako energy and it’s reactor will help us all to lead comfortable lives. This means more rewards for less work, and less work for greater leisure. Our society has taken an amazing step today, and I can say with the greatest of pleasures. Mr. Reeve start the reactor!!!!”

Mako energy, what the heck type of mineral is mako, Kyo thought to himself as he watched the reactor start up. He continued to ponder this then was interrupted abruptly. “Hey you what are you doing here,” was said by the owner of the house. Kyo then turned to face the woman. He then quickly moved around here and exited swiftly before she could even say anything else. His mind was now on something else, he didn’t care for eating right now, right now he wanted to find out what this new energy source was and the only place he could do that was to travel to the source, Midgar. He then ran to one of the ports that was near by and found a small fishing ship and jumped into and left the bag of gil as compensation for him stealing the boat. He then started the engine and took off in the direction of the port city of Juno since it was the only place he could think of to dock the boat. Maybe when he reached Migar, he would also find something that would help him lift the curse that was upon him or maybe it would just put him into even more trouble than what he already was in. His eyes stared down in the direction of Juno, already a few 10 miles from what he called home.
Back to top Go down
Silent Contemplation

Silent Contemplation

Male Number of posts : 2885
Job/hobbies : Guitar, Videogames, Listening to music for hours on end.
Biography : I'm a music lover, music is my life. I love to rp, and I'm crazy sometimes. But, I'm nice mostly ^^.

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 6:46 pm

Kisagaru wandered through the streets of Edge, alone in a long, deserted alletway. he looked around, scanning the area for anyone else, any other signs of life. he saw none. His blood red eyes looked upwards, to the rooftops. when he was satisfied when he saw no one, he looked around him, looking like he was searching for something. he stopped and looked at a large dumpster positioned at te end of the alley. he switched his gaze to the right of the dumpster, and looked up. A ladder attatched to a fire escape was hanging a few feet from the dumpster. he then looked up the ladder, to the stairs connected to it. they led all the way up to the roof. he walked back down the alley, seeming to leave. then, he whipped around, running at the dumpster. he jumped into the air, landing onto the top of it. he quickly ran onto the wall behind it, jumping and pushing off of the wall, flying twoards the ladder. he reached his right arm out, snagging the last ladder peice. he grabbed onto it with his left hand, and started hoisting himself up, climbing up it. when he reached the top, he ran up the stairs, comming upon the roof. he looked out, able to see the whole area around him. he saw a large building, a warehouse, about a hundred yards from him. he looked at the different rooftops, looking to see the gaps inbetween them. when he returned his gaze to the warehouse, he bolted. he jumped over the first gap, which wasnt at all large. he landed easily on the next rooftop, running twoard the buildings edge. he jumped again, this time barely making it over the long gap between the houses. he was about 20 yards from the warehouse now, and closing in. he jumped the last gap, landing onto the buildings rooftop. he was right nect to the warehouse. he could hear others vioces, and he walked twoard a small opening in the warehouses wall. when he looked in, he saw about thirty or fourty men, he didnt have time to count them, and a small television in fron of them all. on the television, he saw the president of Shinra, apparently giving a speech. he could make out his words, but barely.

Mako? what is this? a new energy?

he stared in front of him, thinking to himself.

wait...what was it that Vina said about the energy that Shinra was researching? this sounds similar. if only I could remember!

suddenly, his head snapped up, drawn to a change in the crowd of people. he regained focous. all he had to do, was find the warehouse, and kill everyone inside. ithad sounded easy enough. but, when he took the job, he found that finding a warehouse in Edge was like finding rocks in streets; they were easy to find and most were indistinguishable from one annother. he looked into the crowd once again, bringing his right hand behind him, grabbing his sword. his left hand was put onto the wall. he was ready. he just waited for the oppertune moment.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 7893
Job/hobbies : Admin/Writer/Teacher/Recruiter
Biography : Loved by many, hated by more.
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 9:40 pm

After tossing and turning in his sleep all night, something Shinu wasn’t quite used to. He was normally a very solid sleeper, yet very easily woken up. It was a great advantage for him to live so far away from civilization so no lights and no unfamiliar noises. Of course there were the typical noises that came with living in the midst of the nature that surrounded Shinu’s awfully humble home. His house was made of wood, and built by his godfather Anthony. It only had one bedroom, a living room, kitchen, and a bathroom. In the back of Shinu’s bedroom was one of only three windows in the entire house. Outside of this window, was a wonderful view of the mountain range that lied between himself and Gongaga, a small town past the mountain range that does well to protect him from outside disturbances from the north. Even still, the largest city past the mountain range was Cosmo Canyon, and that was neither a very populous city, nor one where the residents do much traveling. Between those two cities, Shinu never worried about his solitude being disturbed.

On this night, everything changed in Shinu conceptual bubble. He woke up thanks to an uproar from the cattle outside of his garden lands and fenced in by a large barbed wire fence. Something frightened his cattle and they began to stampede out of even the barbed wire on the southern edge of Shinu’s land. The ground underneath the mediocre foundation that held Shinu’s house began to shake and Shinu grabbed Nuraki and sprinted towards his cattle. He had to use his lightning quick footwork to maneuver through the garden without destroying any of his vegetables or flowers. As he cut through the garden and leapt the fence, he had a strange thought.

I wonder how weird it is for me to have such an elaborate garden. I don’t know how manly that sounds all of a sudden. I mean, Anthony is the only man I know, and he’s the one that got me started in gardening. Eh oh well, I should probably be more pissed that something is fucking with my cattle. What the hell could it have been anyways?

He lost his thoughts and tuned in on his vision to see the opening in the barricade and headed towards that opening, to try to salvage any cattle he could. When he caught up to half of the cattle that escaped, he sent a striking Nuraki blow into the side of a nearby boulder to send a few rolling down, forcing the cattle back to their familiar grazing lands. He continued his sprint up into the mountain range and caught up with the apparent faster members of the cattle. He scared most of them back but ran into a major problem. Bertha was her name, as fast as she was, this was not the reason she was the most impressive cow that Shinu owned. He was saving her for his birthday, which was quite a long way off. Bertha was absolutely huge, maybe even unnatural for a normal cow. Shinu couldn’t scare Bertha all the way back, as she was already on the southern most tip of the small mountain range, and near the town of Gongaga already. She just stood there, not intimidated by Nuraki’s sparks in the least. He would have to push her back himself with his own two hands all the way back down the mountain range. He had however, forgotten his sheath to put Nuraki away, and using one hand for Bertha was highly out of the question. As much as he hated to do it, he had to allow Nuraki to rest behind a rather large jagged rock that protruded outwardly, forming a small alcove that Shinu found favorable and recognizable for his return.

How many people are really coming to this mountain range at this hour? It’ll be fine. It shouldn’t take me long, I’ll just have to get Bertha back and come get Nuraki before patching up the barbed wire again.

Shinu left Nuraki be, and pushed Bertha with both hands back towards the land he owned for so long. He was exhausting himself, but he knew if the cattle escaped again, they’d have to go back through him. He couldn’t believe how tired he was, when he was only three quarters of the way down the mountain pass towards home. He still had a little ways to go.
Back to top Go down
https://ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
Kadaj

Kadaj

Female Number of posts : 382
Job/hobbies : Artist, Writer, Daydreamer, Romantic, Optimist and Harbinger of Insanity!
Biography : I've been beaten, lost, forgotten, misunderstood, abandoned, and from it all... inspired.
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 10:37 pm

She had no idea what a house was doing all the way out here, unable to imagine why someone would want to be so... isolated. Maybe there were people out there who enjoyed their solitude. But Genevieve was not one of those people, and as such she thought those people must be crazy. She'd only gone two days without talking to anyone but herself and these damned trees while hiking through this place, and already the rusty-haired girl felt as if she was going insane.

She'd been observing this humble home for a while now, able to assume that it was occupied by one person... and a shitload of cows. Well, the actual house wasn't occupied by cows, but the property was. But Vieve didn't care about stupid cows. She cared about the stuff in the house. It'd been a while since she'd had a decent meal. Actually, it had been a while since she'd had a decent anything, but the young woman was more concerned about food at this point. Food and anything valuable that may be within that home. However, she was beginning to gather by it's whereabouts, the appearance of it and just the... general vibe she got from it, that there wasn't anything that would be of any use to her in there. But then again, it was a place built in isolation, so she was figuring the house owner was probably just an insane hermit-man who spent all his time picking flowers or talking to his cows. And there was a very slim chance of an insane hermit-man who got into intimate conversations with cows would have anything of value. He was probably a vegetarian, too!

Now, if one could read these strange thoughts going through Vieve's mind, they would probably think she'd she'd come all the way up here just to stake out, and rob this humble little home. However, this wasn't the case. In fact, the young woman had been wandering around aimlessly, after deciding the last group of people she'd been with weren't worth her time. Actually, it wasn't that they weren't worth her time... she would have given anything if she could have stayed living with them and mooching off them. But it was that she felt awkward staying with a bunch of people who were going on about "Mako this" and "Mako that." Genevieve didn't give a shit about Mako, and had never bothered to ask what it was before simply slipping away. It wasn't even so much the fact they'd went on about that new form of energy... or whatever it was, as it was the fact she'd stayed with another group of people she didn't belong with. This gypsy act of simply wandering off was becoming a usual routine for Vieve. It was either that she didn't fit in or she got herself in trouble. Normally, she'd get in trouble for stealing, or the occasional mischief making. She was a sweet-hearted girl but often found trouble making [nothing major, mind you. Simple delinquent stuff] to be amusing when things got too quiet.

And so, once more, she'd wandered off. And by a strange twists of events and several occasions in which she read the map upside-down, she ended up here, by herself, in the middle of no where. That was, until she came across this little house. The next town wasn't too far away, so she had been figuring if she could steal a few things worth pawning, she could hang out there for a while. Maybe find some new friends.

Which brings us back to the fact this house was owned by a crazy hermit-man who talks to cows [or so Vieve thinks]. Not only was everything probably worthless, but the guy never left his house! Or at least, he hadn't as of yet. She was starting to grow tired, ready to fall asleep with help of the comfort of the large rock [note the sarcasm] she was leaning against.

However, by an odd twist of fate, or maybe luck on Genevieve's part... something or other out there had scared the shit out of those cows. As a result, they seemed to have turned rebellious and made a break for it. Which resulted in their master [AKA: crazy hermit-man, as Vieve came to know him as] rushing to get them back into their proper holding area. With abnormally keen vision [Vieve boasts of catlike features!], the petite girl was able to notice the glinting sword in his hands. She knew fro experience that swords were worth a lot. If she could get her hands on something like that, she’d be able to eat decent food for months!

And so began the stalking, all the while Genevieve watched the rather entertaining show of “Crazy Hermit versus Cows”. Lucky for her, it seemed that crazy-hermit man was a bit foolish, setting the pretty weapon down, leaving it unattended. Even luckier for Vieve was the fact that this man was preoccupied with a mutated cow that just didn’t seem to want to go back home.

And this made it so much easier for the small young woman to slink along, grab hermit man’s weapon and make a dash for it.
Back to top Go down
http://kamikaze-super-hero.deviantart.com/
Silent Contemplation

Silent Contemplation

Biography : I'm a music lover, music is my life. I love to rp, and I'm crazy sometimes. But, I'm nice mostly ^^.

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 11:28 am

Kisagaru stood there for what seemed like hours, waiting for the mob of people in that one little spot to move. he waited, not moving, until he saw annother movement in the crowd. one man walked over to the tv, and turned it off. He was about 6 feet tall, broad shouldered, and carried an air of authority. he guessed that this must be the leader.he removed his right sword from his back, and walked to the edge of the side of the warehouse.

he looked around the corner, and saw that there was the front door, closed, and guarded by two gaurds. they paced back and forth, and he observed the for a moment. he noticed that after they passed each other, tehey couldnt see behind one annother, and that they couldnt see each other either. he waited for a moment, until they crossed paths, and walked about a foor forward. he quickly jumped down in between them, silently and whipped out his swords. they still walked, not hearing him. he struck out, stabbing both of them through the backs, making the blades protrude out their chests. he tore them out, making both of their dead corpses fall to the ground. he turned around, swinging the swords to make the blood come off.

he walked over to the door, and listened for a moment, hearing the leader still speaking. he took his left blade, and turned it around, making the hilt go forward, facing the goor. a small trigger and gaurd came out of the hilt, and he got on one knee, looking straight at the door. he aimed at the lower part of the top of the door, and fired. it made a loud popping noise, and busted through the door. it slammed forward, hitting the leader right in the center of the back of his head, and exiting right between his eyes, still flying forward. the fired bullet still pushed forward, going through a couple people in the crowd, killing and wounding them also.

they suddenly panicked, and started to run around, looking for an exit. some, ran to a corner and took cover behind some crates, while the rest regained themselves and ran ovr to some crates, smashing the tops off them. Kisagaru retracted the trigger and gaurd, moving to the side of the door, taking cover on the wall. the men who smashed the crates pulled out guns, and started firing at the door, making it splinter into pieces. Kisagaru just stood against the wall, while the men emtied their magazines. when they had no more bullets left, Kisagaru struck. he ran through the door, catching the me off-gaurd. he sliched the first mans head off, making it fly into the air, landing in front of the people who were still hiding behind the crates. he jumped at the second man, slicing his right arm off, ad finishing his with a horizontal slice down his chest. the other gaurds during all this ran backwards, smashing more crates and pulling out more magazines and guns. As Kisagaru slain the third man, the rest of the men ran behind crates, taking cover. the reloaded their guns, and turned from the crates, starting to fire. Kisagaru jumped up, catching onto the top of a large stack of crates, but he had to drop his left sword to do so. at the men fired, somehit his blade, ricocheting off, some hitting crates, and some bouncing back hitting them, or hitting the cowering people behind the crates. as they started unning out of bullets again, they ran over to the people seeking refuge among the crates. Kisagaru jumped down, grabbing his left sword. more men fired at him, and he dodged some of the bulets, and making the rest fly back at the men behind the crates, killing the cowering people and the other men. when there were only ten or so men left, Kisagaru flew forward, slicing and dicing them, jumping from one to the next. when he had slain the last men, and no more remained in the warehouse alive, he turned around, covered in blood. along the warehouse floor, large puddles and slashes of blood could be seen, some getting bigger as the new dead still lay there bleeding. he walked out of the warehouse, wiping the blood from his afce, and getting the blood on his swords off.

he walked a ways from the warehouse, and looked around him. no one. he tok the collar of his shirt, and held it up to his mouth. attatched to his collar, was a mouthpiece. he spoke into it.

"the mission is complete. have my 100,000 gil ready by the time I get there."

there was some static over the mouthpiece, but it ended abruptly when a new voice spoke

"well done Kisagaru. I'll have your gil ready by the time you arrive. but, I would like to give you a proposition first..."

he suddenly looked at the mouthpiece, and spoke into it

"what."

"If you do this next job for me, I will tripple the money you get and add it to the money I'm already giving you."

"I'm listening."

"come back here, and I'll breif you."

"I'll be there."

he put the mouthpiece and his collar down, and walked off down an alley adjacent to the one he had first come from.
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 12:40 pm

(Excellent work guys, if I could visualize what you all have been writing, I'd say there's quite a movie shaping up here)

It's been a days journey so far for Mieli, and as he had made his way past the Canyon mountians and valleys, he was feeling quite fatigued as he neared the Gongaga jungle. He was about to cross the river as he decided to rest for a minute up against the Canyon Ridge.

He light up his pipe for the good daily dose of happiness, and thought a little bit more about this journey he so randomly decided to undertake.

"I feel I like I don't know where I am going or what I'm about to do. I know what I want to do, but can I do it? Is it possible for just one intellectual to venture out into the world and try to change the hearts and minds of people with just words and ideas?

I don't think that's impossible, it's always been ideas what has changed the world, action was only determined by those grand ideas. As much as I despise President Shinra, the only reason why he's so active in the public right now molding the world to his will is he because he had an idea. Am I really that much infefior? Or is Shinra just that much more resourceful? I'm not rich if that's what I'm getting at.

It doesn't matter, even someone like President Shinra could have received his money through his merit. If I have that same merit or stronger in what I do, I'll never be at a loss for influence ever again."

As Mieli closed his thoughts once again he had a rare sight, a pure bred chocobo.

"Oh my, what an amazing yellow bird, I've read about chocobo's and their role in the eco system, but I've never encountered one before maybe I can ride it to Gongaga and make my first rest stop on the way to Corel."

While Mieli tried to sneak up and capture the chocobo it was attacked. Three headbombers surrounded the chocobo and the frightened yet speedy yellow bird was simply in shock unable to move.

"Fuck, that one was mine! I'll help it, and see if it will do the same for me!"

Mieli drew his hawk boomerbang.

"I have to be careful not to strike the chocobo, it'll run for sure if it's hurt."

Mieli fired the boomerang on a skipping course on the ground. It struck on an angle sending it right clipping a three and shooting back down at the headbomber closest to the chocobo. As the hawk boomerang closed in on the headbomber severing it's left leg. The headbomber tried to jump for a dive bomb on the chocobo, but couldn't get off the ground and put its arms into the air screaming and shaking in frustration.

"Yes!"

Mieli was racing towards the other two headbombers that were closing in on him. He drew his morning star mace, but saw his hawk speeding back at him.

"Shit I can't lose that!"

Mieli dived to his left and caught the boomerang. He didn't do it smoothly enough to roll and now with his body fully extended on the ground, a headbomber was right on top of him ready to pounce.

DIVEBOMB!

The head bomb jumped up in the air and flung itself ready to explode on impact with Mieli's back. Mieli rolled back flinging his morning star mace in the air. The mace struck the headbomber forcing it to explode on contact. It was blasted backwards and perished returning to the planet. The final headbomber seemed to have Mieli in a weak position. He had lost his mace as the force of the impact made his hand release it as the risk of his arm breaking. With his headbomber about to dive bomb him again, Mieli turned to his only option, his hawk boomberang. The moment of delay when the head bomber reached the peak of its jump was all Mieli needed to toss his hawk.

As the headbomber was about to come back down, the incoming hawk boomberang took a spin and cut the last headbomber right in half.

When the hawk boomberang came back, Mieli did a backflip in celebration catching his hawk boomerang square in the glove of his left hand with his back turned. His feet hit the ground and he smiled with a rock on "\M/" hand.

He put his weapons away and looked over at the chocobo.

"Hey Boco, come here buddy!"

"Warrrrrrrk"

"That's it you're ok now. Stick with me and you'll be just fine to run around this world."

"War hark!"

The pleasant bark from the chocobo pleased Mieli as he found his first new friend on his journey.

"Alright Boco, to Gongaga we ride. Huh?"

Mieli saw a heard of cattle racing down the Canyon valley.

"After we check out this phenomenon."
Back to top Go down
One_Winged_Angel

One_Winged_Angel

Male Number of posts : 454
Job/hobbies : video games / movies / parties / reading
Biography : I found that if you dont set any goals for yourself, then you can never be dissapointed lol
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 1:16 pm

Lucian stood in Midgar, one hand opening his favorite book, and the other resting on his blade's hilt, a warning for any potential thieves or thugs, when the speech was broadcasted. Lucian listened, unpleased with the false promises from the corrupt leader, his eyes never leaving his book.
Lucian shut his book and walked down the street in front of him, towards the train station. His thoughts moved from his story, and now towards vengeance. It was now time for him to fight, to break his way through, and to erect vengeance on those who killed the one he cared for.
As the citizens got in the train Lucian followed, getting more than just one glance by shinra security troops. 4 of them followed him onto the train, gripping their assault rifles. Before the train could move they moved and surrounded Lucian, gripping his arms. Before they could casually ask Lucian to come with him Lucian replied.
"Don't touch me..." Lucian threatened coldly, his hand moving away from his blade, as he moved away from their grip and walked off the train. The soldiers followed, pointing their guns at him. Lucian smirked as he regripped his blade.
"Release the weapon, or we shoot." the soldiers said in threat.
The train's horn carried threw the district as it began to move.
"I dont have time for this..." Lucian said as he drew his blade and bursted forward, shocking the soldiers. All four fell faster than any of them could shoot, and too fast for blood to stay on lucian's blade. Lucian walked to the ladder on the back of the train and grabbed it, letting the train pull him along as he rested his feet on other bars, using one of his open hands to start reading his book again.
Back to top Go down
Elite

Elite

Male Number of posts : 505
Job/hobbies : College Student

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 2:22 pm

A musty stench filled the air as Cino began to wake from his sleep. His emerald green eyes slowly flickered open as he found himself still in the exact same place he had been when he closed his eyes. The small fire pit inside the damp cavern was almost out and the dripping sound of water hitting the cavern walls could be heard echoing down the tunnel. Cino slowly raised his head as he searched his hair with his right hand. Eventually his gloved hand came into contact with half a blue flower. Its petals were still a deep blue in color, however the other half was nearly singed to a crisp. He let out a sigh of relief as he leaned up against the wall. He looked out of the cavern in the distance as he saw the city lights gleam in the distance. The rain pittered and pattered against the muddy ground as Cino stirred the fire a bit with his sword that lay next to him. The fire re-awakened once again and let off its warmth as shadows danced across the walls. Cino gritted his teeth as he heard the loud speaker system which was barely audiable in the distance. He only could remember how everything was taken from him. He stared deeply into the fire ablaze while he tried to bring comfort back to his chaotic mind.
Back to top Go down
Silent Contemplation

Silent Contemplation

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 2:57 pm

Kisagaru walked out of the darkness of the alleyway, into the crowded streets of the main side of Edge, the indutrial area. he looked around, trying to find something. he walked down a street to the northeast of him, and made his way down annother street from the left of that. he wound his way through the streets, trying to find seomthing. He stopped in front of a large shop, an explosives store. he walked in, making sure no one was watching him first. he closed and locked the door behind him, and made his way to the back of the shop. a door marked "DO NOT OPEN, EXPLOSIVES" stood in his way, and he opened in. before him, stood a man, about 5 and a half feet in height. he was thin, wearing a buisness suit, dark blue. he wore small glasses, and looked up at Kisagaru. he grinned.

"so you've arived."

Kisagaru walked into the room, closing the door behind him.

"hurry it up and give me the proposition."

"all right, all right. there's a man, Lucian was his name I believe. He is in Midgar right at this moment."

"what does this have to do with my money?"

"hold on just a second, Kisagaru. I wasnt finished. This man, Lucian, poses a thread to me and my company. I am willing to give you 500,000gil if you find and kill him. what do you say to that?"

"I say girst give me my money that you already owe me, then we'll talk."

"Weve already delivered the money we owe you to your home. all you have to do is get it. Now, what say you about this?"

Kisagaru looked closely at the man. He had never seen him so serious, so volatile. he looked as if he was about to crash onto the floor, or kill someone on the spot. he closed his eyes and sighed

"fine.Just tell me where to find him. and you better have the money when I get back."

"yes, Kisagaru, we will. now, go and kill him. I shall be waiting at the usual area to give you your money."

"fine with me."

Kisagaru said, walking out of the room. he unlocked the store door, and walked out onto the streets of Edge, thiking to himself.

what could this man...Lucian...What could he have done to piss this guy off so much as to kill him...

he walked to his home, about 12 blocks from the shop where he had talked with the man. he opened the door, and looked onto the livingroom floor. there was the money. he walked over to it, and picked it up, walking into his room and depositing it with the rest of the money he had earned that week.

"not a bad week for me. but still..."

he turned around, walking into the livingroom.

what has this man done...and what threat does he pose? well, I guess it doesnt really matter anymore...I'm going to kill him when I find him...

that was 3 days ago. he gathered up his things,a nd left the house. he hoppen onto his motorcycle, and drove off to Midgar. he got there in 3 days, and found a small house to live in, that was desserted. it was in the main part of Midgar. he wondered how no one could have noticed that no one was living there one day and then someone was the next. it just showed him the stupidity of these people. he walked around town, looking for this man...Lucian. he asked around town, getting a description and finding out hereabouts. but, every time it was a dead end. He walked into the subway station one day, about to go searching again. he heard a small clicking sound, that sounded like guns. he snapped his head up, to see a couple of Shinra SOLDIERS. he noticed they were following someone, he just couldnt make out who. suddenly, they grabbed someone, and he saw who it was. It was the man he as looking for, Lucian. He grinned at his good luck, looking onto the scene. Lucian walked off the train, followed by the gaurds. The trains wistled bellowed, and it started to move, Lucian and the gaurds next to it. suddenly, the four fell, all by Lucians blade. It would have been to fast for someone normal to see, but he saw it all, and his grin got bigger. he was about to have a run for his money. he ran forward as Lucian jumped onto the train, landing right beside him, rolling into the floor by the trains back entrance door. he put on a casual look and sighed.

"that was close. almost didnt make it."

he chuckled to himself, and looked up at Lucian, acting supprised, putting on a false face of supprise as he saw him

"woah! where did you come from?!"

he stared up at him, still holding his fake looks

well, lets see how this plays out...
Back to top Go down
One_Winged_Angel

One_Winged_Angel

Biography : I found that if you dont set any goals for yourself, then you can never be dissapointed lol

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 3:54 pm

"Who the hell are you?" Lucian asked not looking away from his book, and rested his hand on his blade's hilt. "You dont look like the run of the mill Shinra SOLDIER, so why are you here?"
Lucian didnt like the way the man looked, and there must have been a damn good reason for him to jump onto a moving train.
Back to top Go down
Silent Contemplation

Silent Contemplation

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 4:02 pm

Kisagaru grinned, closing his eyes and putting his hand behind his head. he put on an innocent look

"well, I was trying to catch a job,a nd this train is the only way to get to it. I would have lost it if I hadn't."

in a light, he was telling the truth. but, his reasons, on the other hand, were hidden still. he opened his eyes, acting like he had just heard his last statement.

"A SOLDIER? no way. I couldnt get in there. unfortunately, I'm not much of a fighter."

he chuckled slightly, and stood up.

"my names Korumo. Whats yours?"

heh. lets see how far I can take this...and lets see if he says who he is. heh...
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 4:05 pm

Finally reaching the grazing lands again, Shinu was pretty worn out. Bertha was a true big bitch, not only huge, but didn’t want to help him at all get her back in the fence. She just sat their and turned occasionally to watch Shinu struggle to force her fat ass back home. He rounded up all the cattle and looked at them each quickly to be sure that nothing hurt them or damaged them any and to see if they were ok. Bertha was probably the most well off of all the cows. He had no other means to quickly patch the barbed fence and thus had to do what he had done his entire life and improvise. He switched his attention to the boulder field that collected over the years at the northern most tip of the range. He despairingly walked over and found a nice jagged boulder that would be easy to transport, but hurt like a bitch. The round ones would just never get there though. It was only about twenty five yards or so away, but this boulder was huge, as it should be. He lifted it around the sharp points for better grip and planted two flat points on his forearms to keep it up and laid the rest back on his chest as he walked with his back leaning to create more of a platform to rest the boulder on. He continued this back breaking walk all the way back to the land and gleefully tossed it down on the open spot in the fencing and closed the cattle once in again. He leapt over the boulder and waved his arms downward to shush them.

Before he turned his attention back to Nuraki, his exhausted body allowed for his mind to wander off into the garden’s beautiful aura. He really did have a quite impressive garden. It was both aesthetically pleasing and functional at the same time. He had vegetables, ranging from cucumber, tomato, potato, and carrots. The garden boasted an assortment of fruits as well, including strawberries, kiwis, and apricots. However, Shinu’s favorite part of the garden was the wide assortment of flowers that bordered the fruits and vegetables. He had roses of all colors, red, white, orange, pink, and tulips, lilies, and jasmines as well. He stared into the garden, and then snapped out of his trance.

With his energy gathered, and his concentration returning to him, he centered his attention on the mountain range again. He sprinted in a straight line, directly in the path he could see Bertha left her mark in. He got up the mountain so quickly, he almost ran past the recognizable alcove. Shinu let out a deep breath and was relieved that he found the alcove once again. He maneuvered his body into the alcove and his heart figuratively dropped. Nuraki was missing, and that was worse than any exhaustion or fatigue he could have felt from this insane night. He snuck out of the alcove and began to search around with his eyes. He peered south, towards Gongaga, and couldn’t see anything out of place, so he figured this close to the edge, they were probably just entering the range, and heading away from Gongaga. He opted to jog north, on the edges of the range and see if it was someone actually coming from Gongaga, heading to Cosmo Canyon. He was now on the west side of the range, still able to see his house. It was the first time he realized how visible his house was from all points of the small mountain range, and wondered how many others could see his house and look down upon him. It was suddenly a rather insecure feeling from the usual comfort of seclusion.

Suddenly, Shinu spotted something moving in the smaller region of the mountain range. Since it was the lowest point of elevation that these mountains had to offer, Shinu could look down and make off a hastily moving figure and began to sprint towards it. He slipped on a small dirt clod and stumbled into a rock, spinning off of it, maintaining balance quite impressively, never breaking his stride, continuing on to the edge, leaping off into the lower ranks of the mountain. He landed on his toes to reduce the shock on his joints, another lesson learned through Anthony, and then shifted directions around the small boulder and intercepted the tiny woman with one hand and swiped Nuraki away with his left. He held on tightly to the girl, not allowing her to get away.

I don’t know who you are, but what are you doing near my property, and with my sword?

She didn’t say anything, but she made a back kick at his shin bone and tried to twist away, while making a swipe for Nuraki at the same time.

Shinu was starting to get frustrated with her, he split his legs, causing her kick to miss the mark and have her get off balance, and he squeezed her tighter, making sure she realized his overwhelming strength.

Now, are we going to go at this repetitively for a while? Or are you going to talk?

Somehow, as Shinu tightened his grip further the girl managed to slip out. He was almost too in shock to move, and when he was about to nab her again, she put both hands out to stop him.

Wait, I’m sorry. I’m just completely lost, and I saw your house in the middle of nowhere and tried to find something that would solve these hunger pains.

Compassion was not one of Anthony’s many intellectual lessons, but this one like romance seemed to be natural inside of Shinu. He couldn’t help but feel bad for the young woman, and it was the first he’d ever encountered in his life anyways, so to say he was intrigued would be quite the understatement.

Look little miss, I’m sorry for your circumstances, but most aren’t going to give you anything if you just try to take their stuff. Look, just stay with me, and I’ll get you something to eat and get you on the right path back to where you need to get. My name is Shinu ma’am. Please forgive my blemishes in my mannerisms. It’s not everyday I get to practice them.

He reached his hand out towards the young woman and let her make the decision of staying with Shinu for a while, or leaving him now.

She smiled at him and grabbed his hand.

I’ll go with you Shinu, but I don’t see the need for such formalities. You shouldn’t worry so much about all that. You’re doing fine. My name is Vieve, please feel free to call me that.

Ok then, let’s….

Shinu’s voice trailed off and he spotted what seemed to be a bright yellow feather sticking out past one of the ledges. He turned and motioned for Vieve to follow him and be quiet, and started to slowly creep up to the feathers. As they got closer, he could make out that it was a chocobo, not too rare of a sight in these mountains, but he wanted to see if this chocobo had company with it. From the right side of the boulder Shinu and Vieve were behind, Shinu could make out a figure riding the chocobo, seemingly looking down on his house as well. He leaned into Vieve and whispered into her ear.

If you trust me, you’ll stay here. I’m going to see who this is, and I’ll be right back. We’ll get you some food soon enough.

Vieve just nodded and looked a bit perturbed that he wasn’t allowing her to come with him, but wasn’t in the position to turn down food.

Shinu stealthily crept out and gripped the hilt of Nuraki and with a strong, deep voice, he asked the stranger…

What is your business here overlooking my property sir? I don’t want to have any confrontation, but your motive is something that is necessary in my making of that decision.

Shinu looked back to be sure that Vieve wasn’t in the man’s range of view, and then turned back to him, a strong grip on his blade, prepared for the worst.
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 4:17 pm

"What is my business on your property? Who am I to have any sort of saleable business, and who are you to have property. Much less own this very land we walk on. This planet belongs to no one, and it is only a fool who can believe he has control over the land.

I'm not your enemy, and if you keep confronting me in such a way I won't be your friend either!"

Mieli pulled his left arm back readying his hawk.

"I am but a lonely traveller searching for a way I can help the world filling life's heart with warmth and life's mind with satisfaction. I'm on my way to Corel, and I was planning to rest at Gongaga. After all, making your way to Corel from Cosmo Canyon is quite a trek.

So wadoya say buddy, allow a poor traveller to pass peacefully?"
Back to top Go down
One_Winged_Angel

One_Winged_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 4:26 pm

Lucian looked at the newcomer, he was lying. Noone was that lucky to make it onto a moving train. He must be a stronger foe than Lucian gave credit for at first.

"My name is Lucian Grieves, now are you going to keep hiding behind the bull shit, or are you going to tell me why your here?"

I dont have time for this Lucian thought to himself, i have to make this quick.

Lucian gripped the hilt of his blade, and watched for the first sign of hostility
Back to top Go down
Silent Contemplation

Silent Contemplation

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 4:29 pm

his grin stopped, and he looked up at the man

so this'll be fun after all. well, I guess I'll ask him before I kill him.

he rest his back against the wall, his hands to his sides.

"well, before I tell you anything...I have to ask...."

he stared at him, and his grin ceased again

"what are you trying to do to Shinra that pisses em off so much?"
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 4:32 pm

I'll say that my godfather built that house with his own two hands, and I have kept great care of this land for many years now, so acknowledgement of my property would be a nice thing I would think sir. However, I'm not in the mood for a debate, this is more conversation than I'm accustomed to. I'll have to ask for forgiveness as my mannerims have slipped twice today. My name is Shinu, and I'm accompanied right now by a young lady who stole my sword, so I'm a bit on edge. Visitors are something I have never had. Of course I'll allow a peaceful pass, as it is not the mountains that I won, but that property you are overlooking. Hold on, let me bring in my other visitor.

Shinu made his leave and motioned for Vieve to come on out and made it highly apparent that there was minimal danger coming from this man.

He turned back to the man, now good sir, what is your name?
Back to top Go down
One_Winged_Angel

One_Winged_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 4:35 pm

"Destroy it..." Lucian said drawing his blade. He moved calmly to his fighting stance, waiting for any slight mistake in his opponents stance. his left hand was placed on the hilt of his dagger, ready to be drawn for a quick opening
Back to top Go down
Silent Contemplation

Silent Contemplation

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 4:38 pm

he grinned again, and looked over at the man. but, his grin abruptly stopped when he was thinking to himself

Vina....was it them? this man...he wants to destroy Shinra like you did....but could it be? was the energy source you were trying to stop Mako? more efficient than coal....but a hundredfold more dangerous...

he stared at the man, still absorbed in his thoughts.
Back to top Go down
One_Winged_Angel

One_Winged_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 4:42 pm

Lucian stood up, moving out of his fighting stance.
"Get out of my way if your not going to fight me..." Lucian said coldly, walking towards the man, sheathing his blade.

The train sped up, getting close to their final destination, they were on their final stretch
Back to top Go down
Silent Contemplation

Silent Contemplation

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 4:44 pm

he stopped his thoughts, and paid attention to the man.

"hold on a second...I'm going to join you for a while...."

he wore a confused look on his face, and looked down

"Vina....did they kill you?"

he suppenly looked up, noticing he said that aloud.

"and no I wont try to kill you."

he turned around, opening the compartment door. he walked in, and looked behind him, looking at Lucian

"you comming Lucian, or are you going to stand out there?"
Back to top Go down
LeonKnight

LeonKnight

Male Number of posts : 2031
Job/hobbies : uuuhm plenty of things...well not really...I DON'T KNOW!!!
Biography : Jecht Fan l33t
Registration date : 2007-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 4:48 pm

Kyo sighed as he made his way across the ocean that separated the continent that Mideel was on and the one that Midgar was on. He now wished that he had stolen a private airplane or something, but those were only owned buy huge business and well there was none on Mideel. The sun was setting beyond the horizon and the waters glowed with bright oranges and yellows. The whole scenery was peaceful and tranquil. This is the type of settings that Kyo loved, but he was always either fighting monsters to survive or killing to earn his living so he never had any of this for the longest amount of times. He then looked down into the waters and saw the fish try to swim with the boat but they were too slow for the fishing boats speed. He couldn't help but let out a small chuckle at the fishes attempt to try and pass the boat. "I guess even the smallest of creatures still want to try to be the best that they can be," Kyo said to himself and those words remained with him.

A couple of hours passed and he finally saw the city of Juno. No longer was it a small seaside village but a huge city that hung out over the sea and shading the whole entire town below it. The people that once gained their money by fishing no longer could do to the waters becoming polluted from getting no sunlight, yet it was still good enough for humans to enjoy themselves in. As he got closer to one of the electrified pillars he saw that it was owned by Shinra on the warning sign. He then sighed, of course a huge business like Shinra wouldn't care for the people down below they just wanted the money that they made from the city above. Pathetic, they announced that they would make people's lives easier with the power of Mako, yet they made the people of Juno suffer just to make even more profit Kyo thought to himself as he docked the boat in Juno. He then jumped off of the boat and landed on the dock and made his way towards the town.

As he entered town he could see a few surprised faces that a boat actually docked at their small town, and when he told them that he was just a traveler he could see the disappointment in their eyes. They probably were hoping that he was a merchant of some sorts and that they could actually sell stuff to. he actually felt bad for them, and was a little more angry at Shinra. He then made for the exit to the town, he would've liked to stay for a little bit, but the sooner that he got to Midgar the better. As he got near the town's exit he saw a little boy, his clothes torn and tattered and he was covered in dust and dirt. Must be an orphan Kyo thought to himself. He then walked over a crouched near the boy and the boy looked at him his eyes he could tell were full of saddness and hurt.

"Whats your name son," he asked the boy politely and he could tell the boy was hesitant and scared to say but hey replied saying that his name was Stephen. Kyo then reached in his pockets and pulled out a couple hundred gil and handed it to the boy. "take this, go get yourself clean clothes and clean up, go ahead I know how it was to be a orphan," Kyo said to him with a small smile as the boy's eyes lit up with happiness and he ran off to do what kyo told him to do. Kyo then got up and headed out of town. he then looked back one time and hoped the kid luck and head towards the direction of the mountain range that seperated Juno and Midgar

Last edited by on Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
One_Winged_Angel

One_Winged_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 4:52 pm

why would he help me? Lucian thought to himself, and who the hell is Vina?

Lucian ignored his thoughts and followed the man inside. He still didnt trust him. Korumo had his own reasons to fight, and he still didnt mention what his mission was.

"Just stay out of my way." Lucian said coldly as he focused once more on his destination, on his mission.

The train began slowing, their destination was near
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 4:57 pm

Mieli was satisfied with Shinu's answer. He decided he would return the respect and introduce himself.

"I am Mieli of Cosmo Canyon, I am a former student of professor Bugenhagen now, and I wish to travel the world to enlighten others as I have been by others.

You're accompanied by a lady who stole your sword? That's quite interesting.

What brought you all the way out here, for someone who seems absent from society, I don't suppose you live in the nearby town of Gongaga do you?"
Back to top Go down
Kadaj

Kadaj

Female Number of posts : 382
Job/hobbies : Artist, Writer, Daydreamer, Romantic, Optimist and Harbinger of Insanity!
Biography : I've been beaten, lost, forgotten, misunderstood, abandoned, and from it all... inspired.
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 5:07 pm

"Little miss?" Vieve thought bitterly as this man introduced himself. So crazy hermit-man wasn't so crazy after all. Well, he wasn't so crazy, but he was still pretty crazy, if just for the fact he lived by himself and had an odd obsession with a stupid sword. But maybe the petite girl was just bitter with him due to the fact he'd grabbed her so roughly. And the fact he'd referred to her as being little.

"I am NOT short!" had been what she'd wanted to shout in his face. Generally Genevieve was a nice person, but this Shinu-man had managed to get onto her bad side, simply because he'd referred to her as, "little." Luckily for Shinu, Vieve couldn't stay very angry with people for very long. She just didn't work that way. He'd already earned a few of his "good side" points back, as he'd offered her something to eat. Hell, Vieve was so hungry that she probably would have whored herself for a decent meal at this point. Wait. No, she wouldn't have. She wasn't that desperate [unless of course the food was really good, and desert was thrown in].

Vieve was also unable to blatantly point out to Shinu that she wasn't short [despite the fact he absolutely towered over her] because he'd trailed off in his sentence, his attention seemingly stolen by something else. Following his gaze, the rusty-haired-girl noticed the chocobo and it's rider as well. Unlike Shinu, who seemed unfazed by the appearance of the large, yellow bird, Genevieve seemed absolutely fascinated. Of course, in her travels, she'd seen many a chocobo, but these things never ceased to amaze her. She'd honestly been ready to prance off and greet the newcomer, before Shinu had spoken to her, telling her to stay behind while he went to handle the situation himself. She grumbled a, "yeah, yeah..." in response, not wanting to do anything to piss him off and risk losing the chance at a good meal.

In all honesty, she wasn't sure how much she trusted him. After all, he was a crazy hermit-man. But, he was giving her food, maybe a place to rest for a while if she got lucky. So she'd let it slide for now. She simply huffed, crossing her arms while she waited for him to return, watching the two men converse from her safe distance.

Tapping her foot impatiently, she scowled, her cheeks puffed out like an angry child when she was finally motioned to reveal herself. However, this slight [silent] tantrum didn't last very long and the petite girl soon eagerly bounded up to meet the newcomer, just in time to hear Mieli's echo of who Shinu had addressed her as.

"And I'd be the 'lady who stole the sword'," she said, folding her arms, inwardly wincing.

Great. She was in the presence of two men who towered over her.

Of course, it wasn't because she was short. They were just really tall.
Back to top Go down
http://kamikaze-super-hero.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion   Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy VII: The Comfort Versus the Compassion
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next