FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FFDiscussion

Home to final fantasy talks and much more. Rp, thread games, general chat, and show off sections are all active. Enjoy the community!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Admins returning after December 1st, please check the Elite Eight board, and read the sticky thread for more info.

Ratings?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vaan_de_Chocobo

Vaan_de_Chocobo

Female Number of posts : 735
Job/hobbies : Ff games, kingdom hearts, dodgeball, hanging out with buddies.
Biography : Dying from insanity :3
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Ratings?   Ratings? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 1:57 pm

Hmmmm. I was looking at the ratings for some of the old ff games, and lot of them were rated M! Now the ff games are rated T.
What does that mean??
Back to top Go down
http://zetherangaming.heavenforum.com
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 7893
Job/hobbies : Admin/Writer/Teacher/Recruiter
Biography : Loved by many, hated by more.
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratings?   Ratings? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 2:14 pm

That means that Square Enix is smart. They took some more controversial stuff out of their games so that the games can be purchased by anyone. If a game is rated "Mature" then you must have parents' consent. That makes it harder for the kid to buy it.
Back to top Go down
https://ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
Vaan_de_Chocobo

Vaan_de_Chocobo

Ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratings?   Ratings? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 2:24 pm

Ohhhh.
Hmmm. For a moment I thought it might mean that the definition of 'mature' and 'teen' got somewhat closer in meaning. I mean, not as in mature behavior, but as in mature content. Like... if you talk to the teens today, it's like 'woah, watch your launguage,' or 'wow, you know about that stuff (sex)?'

Really, from the way my mom sees it, she thinks teens shouldn't be going out, they shouldn't cuss (because obviously she's unaware that that happens A LOT), etc.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

Male Number of posts : 2201
Rep : 5
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratings?   Ratings? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 1:47 am

I think it means that games these days are more violent than FF, thus pushing the rating down a notch.

If you think about it, the only bad thing in the games is fantasy violence and swearing. it's practically in any non-family friendly game these days.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 7893
Job/hobbies : Admin/Writer/Teacher/Recruiter
Biography : Loved by many, hated by more.
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratings?   Ratings? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:06 am

I think FF as a whole is tailored to teens so the rating fits the games perfectly. It isn't the happy go lucky crystal finding ffs of years past, the dark and more complex tones have taken over, and I like it.
Back to top Go down
https://ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

Ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratings?   Ratings? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:57 pm

Not for Chrystal Chronicles :'(

...I wish they would bring something good to wii apart from Dragon Quest X.
Back to top Go down
Vaan_de_Chocobo

Vaan_de_Chocobo

Ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratings?   Ratings? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 2:05 pm

Yeah, me too!!! Dx

I fell in love with Tales of Symphonia 2 and Brawl, but that's pretty much all I like so far. And we need Sony to unite with Nintendo, but I doubt it'll happen anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

Ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratings?   Ratings? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:09 pm

There's a new tales of game being made at the moment (codename: Tales of Ten). I know a few games that might interest you, but unfortunately it means I have to go searching for their names on gt.com, and I'm not too fused about doing that.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightGabranth

DarkKnightGabranth

Male Number of posts : 279
Job/hobbies : Playing Final Fantasy
Biography : I'll miss you guys alot, I'm sorry I didn't help as much as I should've... If we decide to try again sometime in the future, please tell me if you can, and I promise I'll do better.
Rep : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratings?   Ratings? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:10 am

With games like Grand Theft Auto and Resident Evil around, putting Final Fantasy next to them is like putting Barney next to bender scratch I remember when games like the Legend of Zelda and even Mario and Sonic games were blamed for all kinds of violence.
Back to top Go down
http://tinychat.com/trollparadise
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

Ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratings?   Ratings? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:37 am

Mario's feet have been called one of the deadliest weapons ever created.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratings?   Ratings? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ratings?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FFDiscussion :: Final Fantasy :: Final Fantasy Compilation-
Jump to: