FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FFDiscussion

Home to final fantasy talks and much more. Rp, thread games, general chat, and show off sections are all active. Enjoy the community!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Admins returning after December 1st, please check the Elite Eight board, and read the sticky thread for more info.

8 or 9 Remake

Go down 
+3
apzrman
Sarah
Jimi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 7893
Job/hobbies : Admin/Writer/Teacher/Recruiter
Biography : Loved by many, hated by more.
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-02

8 or 9 Remake Empty
PostSubject: 8 or 9 Remake   8 or 9 Remake Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:48 am

Wishful thinking, but I would crave this more than FF13 any day! I love them both. What do yall think? Remake of either of these, or a new title altogether?
Back to top Go down
https://ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

Female Number of posts : 1352
Rep : 1
Registration date : 2008-08-12

8 or 9 Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 or 9 Remake   8 or 9 Remake Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:11 pm

I say remake 8! It has once again jumped to my favourite game of all time, and I'd love to see a remake of it! I haven't played 9 all that much.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

8 or 9 Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 or 9 Remake   8 or 9 Remake Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 5:27 pm

8 was a bit harder than 9 I think, it had a more serious tone too. I think for the ps3 or 360, 8 would be best, but the wii fans would LOVE 9.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

Male Number of posts : 2201
Rep : 5
Registration date : 2008-02-29

8 or 9 Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 or 9 Remake   8 or 9 Remake Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 7:51 pm

It would be kool if they put Zidane in the next smash bros. but I don't see it happening unless if they do a remake of 9 for Wii. Would be awsome to get a main series final fantasy on a nintendo console since the SNES.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

8 or 9 Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 or 9 Remake   8 or 9 Remake Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 9:30 am

Mhm wii fans would eat it up and 9 appeals to youngins lol.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

8 or 9 Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 or 9 Remake   8 or 9 Remake Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 1:58 pm

I would love to see a bunch of scenes from 8 on the 360! They'd be so beautiful! lol. Plus, I'll be buying myself a 360 in a while, and would like to have a FF to play on it! xD

I just hope one day they will remake all of them. I like how my brother's saying they might put 7 out on the DS since they're putting all of the classic FFs out on it. *shrug* They might, but that's off topic.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

8 or 9 Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 or 9 Remake   8 or 9 Remake Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:24 pm

Jimi wrote:
Mhm wii fans would eat it up and 9 appeals to youngins lol.
NO!!! I'm sick of 'youngins' games X_X Wii has it's share of violent games too.

xrainexloirex wrote:
I would love to see a bunch of scenes from 8 on the 360! They'd be so beautiful! lol. Plus, I'll be buying myself a 360 in a while, and would like to have a FF to play on it! xD

I just hope one day they will remake all of them. I like how my brother's saying they might put 7 out on the DS since they're putting all of the classic FFs out on it. *shrug* They might, but that's off topic.

I think 7 will stay with Sony (if ps4 ever comes out). Besides, Square's making waaay too many remakes. Sure FFIV is awsome, but Square's also bringing out dragon quest 3-6 on DS and 9 is in production for DS.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

8 or 9 Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 or 9 Remake   8 or 9 Remake Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 8:02 pm

I can't even imagine a PS4!! Maybe by then I'll be able to afford a PS3!

Woah. I didn't realize they were doing that many!
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

8 or 9 Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 or 9 Remake   8 or 9 Remake Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:37 pm

I'm getting tired of the ds games i can't play. se taking the cheap way out! give us graphics!!!
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

8 or 9 Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 or 9 Remake   8 or 9 Remake Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:15 pm

well, it does give us an idea of what ff7 would've looked like if it was on n64. There is also a way to play ds games on the pc, but the emulator I got, I gotta keep on screwing around with the options untill I get the right setup (different region games run on different ds cpu's).
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

8 or 9 Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 or 9 Remake   8 or 9 Remake Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 4:20 pm

Yeah that's true, but we have some super high powered next gen consoles and we should get an old ff on those systems, not the best handheld option we can find.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

8 or 9 Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 or 9 Remake   8 or 9 Remake Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 6:20 pm

I'm suprised they havn't made a 3d remake of FF1 yet. They're remade it 2 or 3 times now and all those times it's been 2d.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

8 or 9 Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 or 9 Remake   8 or 9 Remake Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:03 pm

Well people will buy the 2d as much as the 3d and it costs way less to produce it. As a business man, I don't see why not.
Back to top Go down
Unknown

Unknown

Male Number of posts : 906
Job/hobbies : Anime, Manga, Gaming
Biography : Unknown Guy A played by: unknown
Registration date : 2007-11-08

8 or 9 Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 or 9 Remake   8 or 9 Remake Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:24 pm

Well if they were to make yet another 2d version of the game in the series, in this day n age other than us fans, most people wouldnt dream of buying it. Afetr all, they've already remade it quite a few times still 2d. Some fans may also find it a disappointment while others may find it a waste to chage it... so yea, its also quite tough for them to decide
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightGabranth

DarkKnightGabranth

Male Number of posts : 279
Job/hobbies : Playing Final Fantasy
Biography : I'll miss you guys alot, I'm sorry I didn't help as much as I should've... If we decide to try again sometime in the future, please tell me if you can, and I promise I'll do better.
Registration date : 2009-03-31

8 or 9 Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 or 9 Remake   8 or 9 Remake Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 3:50 am

I would love to see a Final Fantasy VIII remake, but it would probably be on the PS3, which i cant afford and wont be able to until the PS6 would come out >.> Final Fanatsy IX would probably go to the DS or Wii. However, i dont see it happening soon, since their too busy remaking games that no one cares about and making more VII Compilation.
Back to top Go down
http://tinychat.com/trollparadise
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

8 or 9 Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 or 9 Remake   8 or 9 Remake Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 4:10 am

I'm with you all the way on that one. Won't be able to afford a ps3 untill it goes slimline, and I also thought that ff9 would go to Wii.
Back to top Go down
Tifa_Hearts_Cloud
Admin
Tifa_Hearts_Cloud

Female Number of posts : 1842
Biography : He loves me, he loves me, he loves mee!!!!! =D
Registration date : 2009-04-23

8 or 9 Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 or 9 Remake   8 or 9 Remake Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 8:25 pm

I wish they would remake 8. It's my favorite game of all time- I love all of the characters and the storyline and just the game itself. It's amazing. I'd love a remake of this more than I would a remake of 7!

As for 9, I wasn't a big fan. It was okay, but not the best Square has come out with. And the graphics were totally reverted! Yuck.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

8 or 9 Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 or 9 Remake   8 or 9 Remake Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 10:45 pm

I think FF9 is similar to LoZ:WW, in the way that once u get past the graphics, the game itself is quite fun. Plus they did it in the medieval style as a nostalgia trip for the older fans.
Back to top Go down
Tifa_Hearts_Cloud
Admin
Tifa_Hearts_Cloud

8 or 9 Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 or 9 Remake   8 or 9 Remake Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:15 am

Yeah, I did like the medieval setting. Sadly, it was just a game I couldn't get that into.
Back to top Go down
.Exotic.Angel.

.Exotic.Angel.

Female Number of posts : 1205
Location : a birght and sunny day over at the hot beach in Puerto Rico ;)
Job/hobbies : Eat . Hang out . Beach . Movies . Sleep
Biography : Living, playing & laughing. All my essentials, nothing more.
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2008-08-15

8 or 9 Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 or 9 Remake   8 or 9 Remake Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 3:06 pm

: )
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wolf_lover_heather
Tifa_Hearts_Cloud
Admin
Tifa_Hearts_Cloud

8 or 9 Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 or 9 Remake   8 or 9 Remake Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 3:24 pm

Huh? You confuse me. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

8 or 9 Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 or 9 Remake   8 or 9 Remake Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8 or 9 Remake
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FFDiscussion :: Final Fantasy :: FFVIII - FFIX-
Jump to: