FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FFDiscussion

Home to final fantasy talks and much more. Rp, thread games, general chat, and show off sections are all active. Enjoy the community!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Admins returning after December 1st, please check the Elite Eight board, and read the sticky thread for more info.

To be honest...

Go down 
+5
[FF]Sonic
Tif
Jimi
apzrman
Ricky
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ricky

Ricky

Male Number of posts : 1130
Job/hobbies : Student
Biography : Checked this for the first time in 6 years. Hope you're all doing well with whatever you're up to these days :)
Rep : 1
Registration date : 2007-11-10

To be honest... Empty
PostSubject: To be honest...   To be honest... Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 5:11 am

Since i've started playing FFX, i've been really dissapointed... That damned sphere grid is too complicated! I understand what to do and everything, its just the fact that i can't be bothered with that level of customisation (To be fair i'm only 3 hours in, the bit where Wakka gives Tidus him his brothers sword). I jsut don't know whether i can be bothered to be honest. I was expecting something more along the lines of the KOTOR levelling up system...
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

Male Number of posts : 2201
Rep : 5
Registration date : 2008-02-29

To be honest... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be honest...   To be honest... Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 6:02 am

Every game has their own unique leveling system (I think). Try not tolet it get too much in the way, it is a good game (most of the time) and once you master Blitzball, you'll love it. Just wait untill you find out what the final Aeon looks like, I'ts soo awsome!
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 7893
Job/hobbies : Admin/Writer/Teacher/Recruiter
Biography : Loved by many, hated by more.
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-02

To be honest... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be honest...   To be honest... Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 12:34 pm

You should stick with it. It looks like you have a shit load of customization, but you don't. Early on you can really only go in one direction on everyone's sphere grid. Just make sure each time you get one or two sphere levels, take care of it immediately so that you don't have options. You don't have all that customization until you get everyone in the party and find some lvl 3 and lvl 4 sphere locks.
Back to top Go down
https://ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
Tif

Tif

Female Number of posts : 1563
Job/hobbies : kool-aid. Ohhh, yeah!
Biography : Do we have to fill this one out? >:{
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2007-11-23

To be honest... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be honest...   To be honest... Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 7:41 pm

Also, you can get Friend Spheres early on in the game, so you cna use those instead. (And they're easy to get.)
Back to top Go down
[FF]Sonic

Male Number of posts : 107
Location : In that land of idiots, just under the unreachable sanity land
Job/hobbies : Being killed by nubs
Biography : Having fun with my hoover <3
Registration date : 2009-07-19

To be honest... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be honest...   To be honest... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:39 am

I'm sorry to be a downer, but I hated this game & X-2. The fact that earning exp to gain up on one specific stat or ability pissed me ofv. Leveling up is what I like. It makes sense and is original in the FF world. Plus, traveling on one VERY long road basically the whole game, was a let down. I love traveling the world, not long roads that end in another one. The story was okay, better than XII, but the battle system is really what dissapointed me. No ATB. I just got bored FAST with this game. X-2 was even worse. Sure, they brought back Lv ups and ATB, but the story is pure shit & the battle system is way too fast and uneven. I just hate these games lol.
Back to top Go down
nemo

nemo

Male Number of posts : 1292
Job/hobbies : :p
Biography : Geek
Registration date : 2007-11-18

To be honest... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be honest...   To be honest... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 7:41 pm

I don't really see that as a reason to hate it, I stopped playing XII because I couldn't so anything, the battle system kept me from going anywhere, battles would last for-fuckin-ever. X was simple and easy to beat, the Sphere Grid is really, quite simple once you figure it out, the only problem I ever had with it is when I would come across an ability and not have the sphere for it.

But this game is the first FF I ever finished, I was 9 when I beat it. I fell in love with the story and nearly cried at the end. (no spoilers)

X-2, okay, yeah, it was a letdown, three tomboys versus a lesbian sphere hunter and her two nerd sidekicks. >_>

Overall, I think a levelling up system is really boring, it gives you really no originality, in X, you can choose which member will be your powerhouse, my Rikku can destroy a mimic in a single hit. Mimics have 50,000 HP with armor and are immune to Armor Break. Also, the Sphere Grid system is in a way, a puzzle. I looooove puzzles.

As you've guessed, I'm passionate about this game, but it's your opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffliminality.forums-free.com
[FF]Sonic

Male Number of posts : 107
Location : In that land of idiots, just under the unreachable sanity land
Job/hobbies : Being killed by nubs
Biography : Having fun with my hoover <3
Registration date : 2009-07-19

To be honest... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be honest...   To be honest... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 5:12 am

I suppose I can give it one more chance. When I first played it, I loved it. But I grew to hate it for some reason. It's a good game.
Back to top Go down
nemo

nemo

To be honest... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be honest...   To be honest... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 6:08 am

Try to last until Sin, right about then it gets pretty stressful. lol
Back to top Go down
Tifa_Hearts_Cloud
Admin
Tifa_Hearts_Cloud

Female Number of posts : 1842
Biography : He loves me, he loves me, he loves mee!!!!! =D
Registration date : 2009-04-23

To be honest... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be honest...   To be honest... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 8:29 am

[FF]Sonic wrote:
I'm sorry to be a downer, but I hated this game & X-2. The fact that earning exp to gain up on one specific stat or ability pissed me ofv. Leveling up is what I like. It makes sense and is original in the FF world. Plus, traveling on one VERY long road basically the whole game, was a let down. I love traveling the world, not long roads that end in another one. The story was okay, better than XII, but the battle system is really what dissapointed me. No ATB. I just got bored FAST with this game. X-2 was even worse. Sure, they brought back Lv ups and ATB, but the story is pure shit & the battle system is way too fast and uneven. I just hate these games lol.

TxR, this boy just hates love stories. Haha. He's picky. *cough* He hates VIII too! *cough*

I liked X and X-2. =] The story was great and the music was fantastic (something you should appreciate, Nicky!!) X-2 was really good, I liked it better than X, simply because playing as Yuna all the time was awesome. =]
Back to top Go down
nemo

nemo

To be honest... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be honest...   To be honest... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 3:23 pm

Romance is da way!!! xD
Back to top Go down
Tifa_Hearts_Cloud
Admin
Tifa_Hearts_Cloud

Female Number of posts : 1842
Biography : He loves me, he loves me, he loves mee!!!!! =D
Registration date : 2009-04-23

To be honest... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be honest...   To be honest... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:30 am

I know, right? =] That's why I loved VIII so much. Romance ftw!
Back to top Go down
LeonKnight

LeonKnight

Male Number of posts : 2031
Job/hobbies : uuuhm plenty of things...well not really...I DON'T KNOW!!!
Biography : Jecht Fan l33t
Registration date : 2007-11-08

To be honest... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be honest...   To be honest... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:43 am

thats like a trademark in most of the Final Fantasy games is the Romance aspect, which i like myself.

but as for the Sphere grid, i must be one of those no lifers cause i got the hang of it immediately. Well after playing FFVIII and the junctioning system every other system is easy as heck
Back to top Go down
nemo

nemo

To be honest... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be honest...   To be honest... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:34 pm

That's how it was for me, I just clicked and got it. Nowadays, since I'm losing my gaming ability (don't ask, I can't figure it out either) I have trouble getting the right spheres for the abilities I need, such as Speed and Magic Boosts...they're so rare!!

I could just move on and get back to the another day, but that would waste a lot of Sphere lvls. Luckily, I discovered the wonderful magic of Sphere Distillers, you can get these anywhere (at least by Evrae) It's pretty tedious and repetitive, but they get the job done. Smile
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

To be honest... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be honest...   To be honest... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:52 pm

you get special abilities which can distil the certain spheres you want.
Back to top Go down
nemo

nemo

To be honest... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be honest...   To be honest... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:32 am

How the hell did you get that?!
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

To be honest... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be honest...   To be honest... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 3:32 am

you should come across them on your sphere grid journeys. Auron should get strength distill, Lulu magic distil. I think it's either Tidus or Wakka who gets Speed distill and there's many more.
Back to top Go down
nemo

nemo

To be honest... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be honest...   To be honest... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:35 am

There must be a difference between the Aus. Version and the NA version, because I've almost completed every node for Auron, Tidus and Rikku and I haven't found anything like that.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

To be honest... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be honest...   To be honest... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:22 pm

that's really strange koz it would seem like such a useless thing to put into just 1 region of the game (Aus uses the Pal region).
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightGabranth

DarkKnightGabranth

Male Number of posts : 279
Job/hobbies : Playing Final Fantasy
Biography : I'll miss you guys alot, I'm sorry I didn't help as much as I should've... If we decide to try again sometime in the future, please tell me if you can, and I promise I'll do better.
Registration date : 2009-03-31

To be honest... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be honest...   To be honest... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 12:47 pm

I enjoyed Final Fantasy X. The Sphere Grid wasnt all that hard to figure out (its easy compared to the License Board) but what always got on my nerves was when I had to stop progressing with one character to wait for a certain sphere, and then discover that they have become severly under-leveled because i still never got it (I remember that this happened to Wakka once, when I reached Bevelle he was still not much stronger than he was in Kilika).

And Its a pain to get their stronger weapons activated. You can find them easily, but their worthless until you get the Sigils and stuff, which are way too hard or annoying to find.
Back to top Go down
http://tinychat.com/trollparadise
nemo

nemo

To be honest... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be honest...   To be honest... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:53 pm

Getting the Celestial weapons can be fun as long as you don't keep failing. lol

Wakka's Celestial weapon is the only one I haven't completed yet. I'm not very good at blitzball and getting the prizes is terribly difficult...

Kimahri's was a headache because you had to RACE to get the damn butterflies and not touch a single red one, I spent an hour trying that over and over...

Lulu's was pretty easy, the lightning has a pattern, you just need a fast reflex and not jump accidentally. One thing that helps is the No Encounters ability, you need 30 Purifying Salts, I think.

Yuna's is pretty simple yet not always easy to get, beating Belgimine can breeze by if you enter with all Overdrives. Smile

Tidus'........grrr. I have no strategy for this other than just keep trying till you succeed.

Rikku's is simple but long, you have to find all the ten cactuars on Bikanel...

I don't remember how to get Auron's. I always seem to have it when I get Masamune. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

To be honest... Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be honest...   To be honest... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To be honest...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FFDiscussion :: Final Fantasy :: FFX - FFX-2-
Jump to: