FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FFDiscussion

Home to final fantasy talks and much more. Rp, thread games, general chat, and show off sections are all active. Enjoy the community!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Admins returning after December 1st, please check the Elite Eight board, and read the sticky thread for more info.

Favorite Actor or Actress

Go down 
+3
Tif
AtLossForWords
Jimi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 7893
Job/hobbies : Admin/Writer/Teacher/Recruiter
Biography : Loved by many, hated by more.
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Favorite Actor or Actress Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Actor or Actress   Favorite Actor or Actress Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 4:56 am

Denzel Washington is the best, hands down, and it's not even close.

He does every character so well, and at least for me, he gets me riled up and ready to kill someone.

He's just the best, that's all I can say.
Back to top Go down
https://ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

Male Number of posts : 1597
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2007-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Actor or Actress   Favorite Actor or Actress Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 5:11 pm

Russell Crowe and Christian Bale are my two favorite actors. They're both very particular about what movies they are in, and they do an excellent job playing the character they need to be.

Eva Green is my favorite actress without a doubt. She's young, beautiful, and talented and that is a definate winning combination.

Naomi Watts is excellent two, I believe she should've won an Oscar for her performance in 21 Grams and she is also someone who is very particular over what films she is in usually taking part in avant gardre films like 21 Grams and Mullholland Drive. I just wish she had no part in King Kong.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Actor or Actress   Favorite Actor or Actress Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 2:31 pm

lol, she wasn't so bad in KK, it was just a bad movie, not her fault.

i think all of our choices are quite intellegent in choosing which films to partake in.
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Actor or Actress   Favorite Actor or Actress Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 3:09 pm

Yes definately not her fault, that's why I wish she wasn't in it. I'm disappointed Peter Jackson didn't do better with his first film after Lord of the Rings.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Actor or Actress   Favorite Actor or Actress Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 3:13 pm

He's no George Lucas, I'll tell you that.

Have you ever seen Man on Fire?
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

Female Number of posts : 1563
Job/hobbies : kool-aid. Ohhh, yeah!
Biography : Do we have to fill this one out? >:{
Registration date : 2007-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Actor or Actress   Favorite Actor or Actress Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 4:39 pm

I can't think of a fave, but I do like Gong Li (only one to come in mind).
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Actor or Actress   Favorite Actor or Actress Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 2:09 am

what did they play in?

Is it fair that a lot of what we think of the actors and actresses are based on the movies they play in?
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Actor or Actress   Favorite Actor or Actress Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 11:41 am

Yes, I think it's fair to say that. Afterall no one talks about how great an acting performance was given in a shitty movie.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Actor or Actress   Favorite Actor or Actress Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 6:57 pm

It makes it rather hard for people to break into the industry, but i suppose that's the business.
Back to top Go down
strawberrylove

strawberrylove

Female Number of posts : 55
Biography : i am here to cook you a meal!
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Actor or Actress   Favorite Actor or Actress Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 6:24 pm

Tom Hanks. For some odd reason...all of the movies he played in
was very realistic and awesome. i liked him in Forest Gump!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cupcake___love
Silent Contemplation

Silent Contemplation

Male Number of posts : 2885
Job/hobbies : Guitar, Videogames, Listening to music for hours on end.
Biography : I'm a music lover, music is my life. I love to rp, and I'm crazy sometimes. But, I'm nice mostly ^^.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Actor or Actress   Favorite Actor or Actress Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 6:36 pm

lets see....

Will Smith fo me. He knows how to play his characters, and conforms them to match himself. take for example, I Am Legend. One of the best movies I have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

Male Number of posts : 1130
Job/hobbies : Student
Biography : Checked this for the first time in 6 years. Hope you're all doing well with whatever you're up to these days :)
Rep : 1
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Actor or Actress   Favorite Actor or Actress Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 12:59 pm

yeah Will Smith is good. Tom Cruise is a good, if overused actor. He was excellent in Collateral, from all the movies i've seen him in, he certainly acted perfectly there.
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Actor or Actress   Favorite Actor or Actress Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 12:34 am

Gong Li:

-Memoirs of a Geisha
-Zhu Yu's Train
-Hannibal Rising
Back to top Go down
Mia

Mia

Female Number of posts : 6239
Job/hobbies : ~Kitty~
Biography : pm me to get to know me ^^
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Actor or Actress   Favorite Actor or Actress Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 10:17 am

umm I say Hilary Duff and Jessica Alba, I like one more but forgot her name XD from guys... I don't really have fav. there are couple of good ones though
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/miamartyna
Tif

Tif

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Actor or Actress   Favorite Actor or Actress Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 7:43 pm

-Yaya Da Costa
-Jodie Foster

A couple more of mine. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Actor or Actress   Favorite Actor or Actress Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 5:03 pm

Jessica Alba and Jodie Foster are both very good.

Dakota Fanning is my favorite young actress. Our generation's Shirley Temple.
Back to top Go down
Mia

Mia

Female Number of posts : 6239
Job/hobbies : ~Kitty~
Biography : pm me to get to know me ^^
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Actor or Actress   Favorite Actor or Actress Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 9:40 am

I like Janifer Garner too, she's really good.

Daniel Radcliffe and Tom Felton are awesome too ^.^
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/miamartyna
Tif

Tif

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Actor or Actress   Favorite Actor or Actress Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:51 pm

What? Dakota Fanning is no where near as good as Shirley Temple!
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Actor or Actress   Favorite Actor or Actress Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 4:18 pm

she is the closest thing of our generation. and don't forget, when Shirley Temple was acting, there was no such thing as a good child actress before her. It's tough to say who's better because of when they did it. I think Dakota is much more versatile and can play any role.

However, this is like comparing Barry Bonds to Babe Ruth. Could Ruth play in Bonds' era, no? But does that take away from his greatness? no.
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Actor or Actress   Favorite Actor or Actress Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 7:28 pm

Was Shirley Temple in War of the Worlds? NO? Then I guess she isn't even in the same league as Dakota Fanning. Wink

Dakota Fanning is a very talented young actress. I'm not really a fan of child stars because of the effects Hollywood can have on the development of a human being, but she deserves to be there.

Anyone know what Haley Joel Osment has done lately?
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Actor or Actress   Favorite Actor or Actress Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 7:41 pm

She was also in Man on Fire and Racing Stripes that are big titles that should come to mind. She's so rangy with her acting skills. It's still a generation thing. Shirley Temple paved the way for Dakota Fanning so she has to get some props.
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Actor or Actress   Favorite Actor or Actress Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 12:41 pm

Did I say anything on Dakota being a bad actress? NO! All I said was that she is far from being as good as Shirley. There.

Also, with much more technology nowadays, it's much more easier to see how actors/resses fit into the scene. In terms of singing, Shirley wns Dakota in the face! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Actor or Actress   Favorite Actor or Actress Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:37 pm

In case you wern't clear, being a good singer has nothing to do with being a good actress. Shirley Temple played the same character just about in every similar movie that she starred in. It was nothing but her singing and making a cute face. Dakota has to get into a role and regardless of technology she fits into her roles masterfully and can be cheerful and innocent, quiet and thoughtful, or bitchy and belligerent. These are trust six traits she's shown as different characters compared to, she's cute and can sing for Shirley Temple.
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Actor or Actress   Favorite Actor or Actress Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 7:13 pm

Rolling Eyes You've got to be kidding me. This isn't even worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Actor or Actress   Favorite Actor or Actress Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Actor or Actress
Page 1 of 1