FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FFDiscussion

Home to final fantasy talks and much more. Rp, thread games, general chat, and show off sections are all active. Enjoy the community!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Admins returning after December 1st, please check the Elite Eight board, and read the sticky thread for more info.

Is Squall that anti social?

Go down 
+4
Silent Contemplation
Tif
AtLossForWords
Jimi
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 7893
Job/hobbies : Admin/Writer/Teacher/Recruiter
Biography : Loved by many, hated by more.
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Is Squall that anti social? Empty
PostSubject: Is Squall that anti social?   Is Squall that anti social? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 7:35 pm

this should be fun.
Back to top Go down
https://ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

Male Number of posts : 1597
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2007-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Is Squall that anti social?   Is Squall that anti social? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 7:40 pm

Squall is what I prefer to call psychologically defensive. Squall is a deep thinker. He always thought before he made any sort of comment to be sure he was acting the right way.

If you're talking about anti-social. Are you talking about anti social with his team or with the game player? In relation to the game player, you always knew what Squall was thinking, because you had the thought boxes on the screen showing you.

If you're talking about his team, I like how Squall is a dynamic character who changes althroughout the game. He starts off very cold with remarks like "whatever" and "none of your business", but he eventually starts to let other people in.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Is Squall that anti social?   Is Squall that anti social? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 7:43 pm

in the beginning, he is pretty weird, especially at that party. he was so awkward.
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

Female Number of posts : 1563
Job/hobbies : kool-aid. Ohhh, yeah!
Biography : Do we have to fill this one out? >:{
Registration date : 2007-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Is Squall that anti social?   Is Squall that anti social? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 9:46 pm

He was annoying. Worst male lead to ever have in a game, as well as Tidus. Hell, dumb friggin' crybabies!!
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Is Squall that anti social?   Is Squall that anti social? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 4:22 pm

xXxTifa LockheartxXx wrote:
He was annoying. Worst male lead to ever have in a game, as well as Tidus. Hell, dumb friggin' crybabies!!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

This statement just makes me laugh, I'm sorry.

First of all worst lead male to ever have been in a game? Worst and ever togethor imply the absolute worse. I don't think you can accuse Square of ever having the worst lead character of any sex to have been in their games.

At any rate, you'd have to at least justify how Cloud is better than Squall, and I don't know if you can overcome that!

Then the comparison to Tidus. This is what really made me laugh. Squall compared to Tidus? There's no comparison they are completely different characters. You can't say there is anything similar about them.

Crybaby Squall? I'm sorry, a claim like that isn't worth discussing.
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

PostSubject: Re: Is Squall that anti social?   Is Squall that anti social? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 2:47 pm

Nah, it's just my opinion and I am entitled to my own If you want, would you like me to give you a lecture to the word O-P-I-N-I-O-N since you can't handle criticism of your precious, good-for-nothing Squall?
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Is Squall that anti social?   Is Squall that anti social? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 3:27 pm

this is entertaining.
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Is Squall that anti social?   Is Squall that anti social? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 4:11 pm

Nah, it's just my opinion and I am entitled to my own If you want, would you like me to give you a lecture to the word O-P-I-N-I-O-N since you can't handle criticism of your precious, good-for-nothing Squall?

No you don't need to explain opinion to me because it is a useless concept.

I'd rather discuss an analytic of judgment, in this case lets start with an analytic or the sublime.

The sublime is what we find to be incomparably great. Thus I find Squall to be a sublime character who's greatness is obvious.

The feeling of the sublime is something where we are overcome with respect, admiration, and even fear all at once. When I view the grand canyon or a tsunami I have respect for the power this thing holds, admiration for desiring to be more like in in the particular desire of wanting to be so powerful, and I fear what this unbelieveable force can do to me. Imagine being on the coast of an incoming tsunami might you not feel all of these same things.

I feel much the same about Squall. I have respect for who he is. Furthermore I have admiration of wanting to have that same power, and fear for what his abilities could do to me if he so chooses. Just I as I am slave to the power of Squall Leonhart, you are as well. Only your admiration has been corrupted with criticism as you appeal more to your fear of Squall Leonhart.

However Squall Leonhart is also beautiful as defined in Kant's Critique of Judgment's fourth moment and general remark of aesthetic judgment.

"The beautiful is that which pleases in the mere judging in it apart from all interest."

So essentially we both have to agree on the position Squall Leonhart is beautiful, because firstly in my instance he pleases my judgment of taste and he suffices anyone even in you in judging his character. As pleasant as it is for me to acclaim him, it pleases you to criticize him.

Why do we want to believe this? Because when I'm talking about something that is beautiful or sublime it is that way for any being with reason. I don't merely wish to opine that Squall Leonhart is great, but I want every individual with reason to be able to conclude what I have come to conclude regarding the character of Squall Leonhart. And even those who disagree with me are forced to realize the pleasure in understanding who and what it is that makes Squall Leonhart be.
Back to top Go down
Silent Contemplation

Silent Contemplation

Male Number of posts : 2885
Job/hobbies : Guitar, Videogames, Listening to music for hours on end.
Biography : I'm a music lover, music is my life. I love to rp, and I'm crazy sometimes. But, I'm nice mostly ^^.

PostSubject: Re: Is Squall that anti social?   Is Squall that anti social? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 4:26 pm

XDDDD

ok, that right there was pwnage.

Tif, just give up. your not going to win against Vincent.
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

PostSubject: Re: Is Squall that anti social?   Is Squall that anti social? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 10:09 pm

Squall=dog poop.

I could give an argument, but why would I waste such precious time wasting my time on such a dumb and useless character? See, even now I am wasting time. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Is Squall that anti social?   Is Squall that anti social? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 11:00 pm

good come back lol
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Is Squall that anti social?   Is Squall that anti social? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 11:18 pm

Squall=dog poop.

I could give an argument, but why would I waste such precious time wasting my time on such a dumb and useless character? See, even now I am wasting time. Razz

I agree with you on this one. Moving outside of the bounds of thinking established by "word associations" or "what are you listening to" is a terrible thing for this forum!
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Is Squall that anti social?   Is Squall that anti social? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 11:24 pm

LOL

*dies after laughing on the floor after 30 min*
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

PostSubject: Re: Is Squall that anti social?   Is Squall that anti social? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 9:30 pm

Miss Sexy Bitch, please don't make me look like an idiot T.T

even though I am....

Last edited by on Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Is Squall that anti social?   Is Squall that anti social? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 4:26 pm

wow. all this love, in just one thread!
Back to top Go down
Silent Contemplation

Silent Contemplation

Male Number of posts : 2885
Job/hobbies : Guitar, Videogames, Listening to music for hours on end.
Biography : I'm a music lover, music is my life. I love to rp, and I'm crazy sometimes. But, I'm nice mostly ^^.

PostSubject: Re: Is Squall that anti social?   Is Squall that anti social? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 5:10 pm

OMG this is hysterical

XDDDD
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

PostSubject: Re: Is Squall that anti social?   Is Squall that anti social? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 9:51 pm

You know, that's just sad and low. I'm not the one who looks like an idiot, it's you for abusing your admin powers.
Back to top Go down
x.Akashia..Chaoz.x

x.Akashia..Chaoz.x

Female Number of posts : 156
Job/hobbies : Sports, fooling around, chat
Biography : Hard to remember ^^
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Is Squall that anti social?   Is Squall that anti social? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 3:55 pm

But he's still so hot!! ^^ sowwy. He's just really cute, Clouds kinda the same of anti social, so no complaining
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Is Squall that anti social?   Is Squall that anti social? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 3:10 am

Cloud is way more anti social than Vincent. Squall only says what he needs to say, and when Cloud talks, I wish he would stop.
Back to top Go down
x.Akashia..Chaoz.x

x.Akashia..Chaoz.x

Female Number of posts : 156
Job/hobbies : Sports, fooling around, chat
Biography : Hard to remember ^^
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Is Squall that anti social?   Is Squall that anti social? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 10:19 am

Lol, I don't remember that ^^ I need to play the game again, both :p
Back to top Go down
Ben
Admin
Ben

Male Number of posts : 5624
Job/hobbies : Gaming.
Biography : I reject your reality and substitute my own. rip ffd </3
Rep : 1
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Is Squall that anti social?   Is Squall that anti social? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 7:15 pm

Although his thread was most proberly here when this site was made idc posting my thoughts now. In my eyes Squall was a attempted remake of cloud. Both are anti-social, both carry swords (like all lead chars) both like to lean against walls. etc etc. But in my eyes Cloud is better because he came first out of the two, when i all saw Squall all i could see was Cloud remade and destroyed. First thing that impresses me about Cloud is the Buster sword. The sheer size of it would cripple Squall as he uses the small, yet quite effective gunblade. But seriously i dont see how can a sword mixed with a gun is impressive. Cloud not only can weild the Buster sword, but he uses it like it dont even weigh anything, and then there are his limit breaks which just rule. And there is another factor that proves Cloud is the better (and by far the best) male lead to ever grace final fantasy doorsteps is the movie Advent children with, once again, Cloud as the leading male. No game series like final fantasy have managed to pull that off and keep there fan basis. And a sequel was made to the game with Vincent as lead, regretfully it became a shooter. Vincent is a strong supporting male but i dont think he should of became a lead. Now i believe i read something about Tidus being one of the weaker leads. With that i will disagree. Tidus definatly don't measure up to clouds standards, but he definatly brought in a new aspect into the realm of ff. Yet again he uses a sword and yet again the hair is spiky, but there is one thing that most of the other leads didnt have what he does. He actually shows alot of emotion in FFX. Most of the other leads raely showed emotion apart from coolness. Tidus shows his emotion, sad, happy, angry, whatever he shows it. And unlike most other leads he isn't a trained soldier who knows how to fight, he is a rookie who fell over when handed a sword. Now give me a male lead's name who is just like that and then i will raise my hand up and say Tidus sucks. But right now Tidus remains to be the first emotional, rookie fighter ever to lead in a ff.
Back to top Go down
LeonKnight

LeonKnight

Male Number of posts : 2031
Job/hobbies : uuuhm plenty of things...well not really...I DON'T KNOW!!!
Biography : Jecht Fan l33t
Registration date : 2007-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Is Squall that anti social?   Is Squall that anti social? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 7:29 pm

Yea i doubt the buster sword could do crap to the revolver. For one when the trigger mechanism of the revolver gets activated it cause a huge as tremor that goes through the blade that makes it harder to control and would take shear strength to, and with the buster swords state it would totally eat through that. Now the tsurugi may have a chance against the revolver cause of all the different moves it could pull off with the swords that combine to make it, but if hit right then blade would crumble and the weilder would sure to fall. Squall like cloud? plz highly doubtful. Only reason why Cloud gets his attention is cause of how much hype that pos game got. Cloud and Squall are both anti social yes, but cloud is always like. "Who amI", "Why do I live", etc etc. Squall is just a loner and doesn't really care what happens. He knows who he is and why he is on the planet. Throughout the game he does open up and finally accept others. Cloud though, it took till Advent childern's end to figure his who life out.

Though i do have to agree with you on Tidus.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Is Squall that anti social?   Is Squall that anti social? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:28 pm

I'm going to make the argument against Cloud here. His buster sword was indeed bigger, but bigger doesn't necessarily mean better or stronger for that matter. If that was the case guys like Auron win out. The revolver does pack a punch because of that tremmor, so the accuracy and strength needed for that show that he has more skill. Throwing Tidus in the mix, he is far and away the best athlete of the three.

The question is about anti social though. Squall was a little beyond it at the beginning of the game. I mean come on, it's a dance. I can't do the polka, but I wouldn't act like an idiot if someone asked me to dance. His social skills were very lacking. He never came off as articulate throughout the game. A social person I would define as someone who could converse with many different types of people and command attention when the situation calls for it. Never did I see him having the ability to do any of that. In social situations he cowared away plain and simple and therefore I see him as anti social.

Cloud just annoyed me flat out. He had great friends, a beautiful woman, arguably two, and he was still begging for people to feel sorry for him. All of his thoughts were selfish and emo and never did he seem to be focused on the good of his team, which I can give credit to Squall for. Tidus as well for that matter. His troubled past is not anything spectacular either, and it doesn't make me feel sorry for him. If anything how much he whined about the past makes me sorry for myself I had to play with him so much.

In my opinion, Tidus is the best male lead, but that's off topic here.
Back to top Go down
.Exotic.Angel.

.Exotic.Angel.

Female Number of posts : 1205
Location : a birght and sunny day over at the hot beach in Puerto Rico ;)
Job/hobbies : Eat . Hang out . Beach . Movies . Sleep
Biography : Living, playing & laughing. All my essentials, nothing more.
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Is Squall that anti social?   Is Squall that anti social? Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:18 pm

l0l ! -applause for Tif and AtLoss-

truly awesome. Squall was good enough I'd say. Cloud is too much of a drama queen in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wolf_lover_heather
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Squall that anti social?   Is Squall that anti social? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Squall that anti social?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FFDiscussion :: Final Fantasy :: FFVIII - FFIX-
Jump to: