FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FFDiscussion

Home to final fantasy talks and much more. Rp, thread games, general chat, and show off sections are all active. Enjoy the community!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Admins returning after December 1st, please check the Elite Eight board, and read the sticky thread for more info.

Why Rap Is So Evil

Go down 
+3
Ricky
LeonKnight
Jimi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 7893
Job/hobbies : Admin/Writer/Teacher/Recruiter
Biography : Loved by many, hated by more.
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Why Rap Is So Evil Empty
PostSubject: Why Rap Is So Evil   Why Rap Is So Evil Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 2:56 am

I'll tell you why most people think rap is so evil. Mostly because they have never listened to rap. and if they have, they already had a negative judgement on it and would have never given it a chance in the first place. You can't judge things without having an open mind.

That's one of the worst things we do in our society. To see someone and base them off appearence. Or to instantly think that because a black person walks into a store that they are going to steal something. because someone is asian they have to be smart. to think that because a man is hispanic that he abuses his wife and drinks beer. because someone is white they are rich and think they're better than everyone. the list goes on and on. stereotypes themselves are awful. Know what's worse? when you believe them and think them yourselves. and then even say them vocally. passing them along so they'll never end. I'm not talking about jokes, we all do it, but when you say them seriously.

For someone to say that I AM (not might be) going to be a wife beater and heavy drinker because i'm a hispanic man is so ridiculous given my person. you all know that these are two things i am so firmly against that it's impossible for a person to be more against them. It's ludicrous to say that i am this way because other hispanics are.

Now, what does this have to do with rap? I have seen many of you and SO many others bashing rap. One of my favorite people, crissy, has even said something like "all rap is for lechers and pervs and i don't see what's so good about it." This is the same statement as Jimi is a wife beater and drinker because he's hispanic. I'm certain that crissy has very little, if any knowledge of rap music at all. I'm sure she got this knowledge second hand or someone let her listen to a song that was indeed bad.

Aaryn, my lil bro, "Rap songs have random lyrics that make no sense." Also a bad stereotype. Rap songs almost all rhyme. that's because the roots are poetry that was read in small clubs during slavery and they would do this in a particular rythm and beat. So it was a way of expressing themselves through poetry and music, and the combination of the two.

Is some rap bad? sure. are there pointless songs? sure. are there bad rock songs? yes. are there pointless country songs? yes. I'll share some examples.

I have heard a rock song about worshipping the devil that i heard once. Sorry, i don't have the name.

There was a rock song i heard called "55" by Van Halen. The entire song was about not being able to stay under the speed limit. wtf?

There is a popular country song where the woman is proudly proclaiming herself a redneck woman because she fits into this stereotype and that one. wtf again?

all types of music have good songs and bad songs, and pointless songs. But for me to say that all country singers are red necks who wear boots and drink bud light would be stupid of me and dumber than the stereotype itself. For me to say that rockers are all dumb guys who's hair has to be longer than women's and they can only scream and not sing is also dumb.

You have to actually listen to it. talk to someone who actually does appreciate the music and find out why. If you want to know why someone listens to rap, don't ask someone who hates rap. Ask someone like me and i will give you some good rap music to listen to. I will show you the good side of it.

Life is about being open to new things and being a better person everyday. When people make these negative comments about rap without a proper view from both sides of the spectrum, it's a crime against intellect. I may not like rock music very much, or screamo or whatever, but you'd never hear me saying something generalizing about it without even hearing it or some suggested songs from fans. that's just childish. I have heard some great rock songs. i like a few country songs, and i have never even heard screamo music. So how can i judge it? i can't.

So please, don't judge rap music. Not all songs say bitch and ho every other sentence.

I love it because of the rich history, pleasing rythm, and meaningful lyrics that i can relate to.

I would just ask that you hear some of these songs and tell me what you honestly think. if they rap too fast, i'll get your some lyrics.

Hey Mama - Kanye West (best dance i ever had in my life was with my mohter to this song, and kanye and i relate well when it comes to our mothers and what we want for them)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtpKqMpqGU0

Roses - Kanye West (a song about his sick grandmother)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTovzKyOEM8

Never Let You Down - Kanye West (a great song, just listen, and there is a poem as the third verse that leaves me speechless)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sHpHQTuZC4&feature=related

First of the Month - Bone Thugs N Harmony (this is for those who love that weed and a song that i listen to because it relates to many of the members of my family, and has a realistic view of wanting to smoke weed)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j_cOsgRY7w

Home - Bone Thugs N Harmony feat Phil Collins (this is such a good song that i can relate to and has a wonderful beat and a legend as far as rock is concerned with them in this song. reminds me of growing up without very much money or any of that.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoLB_U0YPOg

Hope - Twista (very inspirational song about better days to come)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dgtLrOe1-Q&feature=related

Sunshine - Twista (a great song for those like me who want to make money someday)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d50_ePO7qU8&feature=related

Heart of the City - Jay Z (from american gangster, and a great song for when you live in a rough city like i did)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re0zFRfRXu0

Now, this took a lot of time, please give me just a little and listen to some of these while you're posting or whatever. Just try it, it really can't hurt. If you hate them all, then i can only say that we can respectfully agree to disagree. These are but a few of the many great songs that i love to hear. Thanks for all your time.

edit: i have no clue why the links don't work, but you can copy/paste the url into the browser.

(I deleted the URL part so you can use the links.)

Last edited by on Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
LeonKnight

LeonKnight

Male Number of posts : 2031
Job/hobbies : uuuhm plenty of things...well not really...I DON'T KNOW!!!
Biography : Jecht Fan l33t
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2007-11-08

Why Rap Is So Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Rap Is So Evil   Why Rap Is So Evil Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 2:29 pm

very very well said there jimi

and I like all those songs xD
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Why Rap Is So Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Rap Is So Evil   Why Rap Is So Evil Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 2:35 pm

Ah thank you good sir. *bows* that post was harder than any rp post i have ever done lol. You heard them all?
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

Male Number of posts : 1130
Job/hobbies : Student
Biography : Checked this for the first time in 6 years. Hope you're all doing well with whatever you're up to these days :)
Rep : 1
Registration date : 2007-11-10

Why Rap Is So Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Rap Is So Evil   Why Rap Is So Evil Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 2:59 pm

I really don't like music. I really hate it. However, i'm not going to say that all the people who rap aren't talented, because that most certainly isn't true. I've tried to listened to it, but i just can't realate to it...
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Why Rap Is So Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Rap Is So Evil   Why Rap Is So Evil Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 3:27 pm

That's what happens very often. If you can't relate to the music, it's hard to listen to. Tis why i picked some songs that others may be able to relate to. like the song about kanye's mom or sick grandma, or the one about home. but that would be a good reason to not listen to a certain song or type of music.
Back to top Go down
Silent Contemplation

Silent Contemplation

Male Number of posts : 2885
Job/hobbies : Guitar, Videogames, Listening to music for hours on end.
Biography : I'm a music lover, music is my life. I love to rp, and I'm crazy sometimes. But, I'm nice mostly ^^.
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Why Rap Is So Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Rap Is So Evil   Why Rap Is So Evil Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 3:41 pm

ok, I've read the post, and I have to say a few things.

1.pertaining to the part where I said "rap songs have random lyrics". If I remember correctly, ddint I say that about the crappy ones I had listened to

2.dont get me wrong. some rap songs I do like. its just that most of the ones I've heard (eric >.>) were so retarded I couldnt even dedscribe them. but, some rap songs have a good beat, and I like them.

3.some rap songs relate to good things, yes. that I'll agree to. I've heard a couple.

4. that was a long post >.> lol.

well, just to sum it up, I dont hate rap in general and think that every song is dirty, horrible, and has random lyrics. Some I do like, and some relate to life and the good and bad times.

there we go.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Why Rap Is So Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Rap Is So Evil   Why Rap Is So Evil Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 4:05 pm

1. hell yeah it was long, my hands and head hurt afterwards.
2. thanks for reading it and defending your point.
3. thank god you don't go to eric for input on rap music
4. lmfao
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

Male Number of posts : 1597
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Why Rap Is So Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Rap Is So Evil   Why Rap Is So Evil Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 11:11 pm

What no Immortal Technique, Wu Tang Clan, or Louis Logic is mentioned here. I say bloody bollocks good chap, you're far deprived of the pleasures of rap.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Why Rap Is So Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Rap Is So Evil   Why Rap Is So Evil Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 11:25 pm

you and i have been over this sir. i still need to hear some stuff. and i wanted to give them some popular artists easily identifiable.
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

Male Number of posts : 1130
Job/hobbies : Student
Biography : Checked this for the first time in 6 years. Hope you're all doing well with whatever you're up to these days :)
Rep : 1
Registration date : 2007-11-10

Why Rap Is So Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Rap Is So Evil   Why Rap Is So Evil Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 3:43 pm

Last thing before i sleep. I wasn't meaning i don't understand what they rap about, it just almost seems...

repetitive...

I do feel sorry for the rappers who sing about their family who are ill and things (Kanye broke down on stage last week after he rapped about his mum who has passed away), but my god if every rapper hasn't sung about ill families several times... gah
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Why Rap Is So Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Rap Is So Evil   Why Rap Is So Evil Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 3:47 pm

well that's because it's like poetry. how many poets write about love and despair? it's the way they release their emotions, and family is a big thing for kanye and a lot of other rappers. i wish i could have seen his performance, i did see the clip of him breaking down trying to perform hey mama.
Back to top Go down
strawberrylove

strawberrylove

Female Number of posts : 55
Biography : i am here to cook you a meal!
Registration date : 2007-12-24

Why Rap Is So Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Rap Is So Evil   Why Rap Is So Evil Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 1:43 am

i like rap. to a certain point where they talk about sex, drugs, and 30" rims. then no. music is music. my favorite rap artist is Atmosphere. i like his songs. they have a meaning to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cupcake___love
Tif

Tif

Female Number of posts : 1563
Job/hobbies : kool-aid. Ohhh, yeah!
Biography : Do we have to fill this one out? >:{
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Why Rap Is So Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Rap Is So Evil   Why Rap Is So Evil Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:43 pm

Rap is good, rap is good... The old stuffs is better, I think.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Why Rap Is So Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Rap Is So Evil   Why Rap Is So Evil Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 4:28 pm

tupac, kanye, eminem in that order, are at the top of the game right now, but there are many good rappers.

lupe fiasco, common, others like that. tupac was great, and still is the best, but kanye has closed that gap and is the only one besides em that can be put in the same breath.

problem is, soulja boy and others are fuckin rap up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why Rap Is So Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Rap Is So Evil   Why Rap Is So Evil Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Rap Is So Evil
Page 1 of 1