FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FFDiscussion

Home to final fantasy talks and much more. Rp, thread games, general chat, and show off sections are all active. Enjoy the community!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Admins returning after December 1st, please check the Elite Eight board, and read the sticky thread for more info.

Favorite Type of Music

Go down 
+18
Chimerageist
apzrman
minox2109
Kadaj
PrimordialFire
Senzuba†An'Dor
Tif
AtLossForWords
shadowed thought
LeonKnight
Vaan_de_Chocobo
One_Winged_Angel
GDG
Keyes
Jimi
lionheart1345
Yunancy
Silent Contemplation
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Whats Your Favorite Type of Music???
Metal
Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Vote_b1019%Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Vote_b12
 19% [ 14 ]
Rock
Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Vote_b1022%Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Vote_b12
 22% [ 16 ]
Country-BLECH
Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Vote_b104%Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Vote_b12
 4% [ 3 ]
Rap-BLECH
Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Vote_b104%Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Vote_b12
 4% [ 3 ]
Screamo
Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Vote_b1011%Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Vote_b12
 11% [ 8 ]
Punk
Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Vote_b107%Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Vote_b12
 7% [ 5 ]
Alternate-Rock/Metal
Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Vote_b1018%Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Vote_b12
 18% [ 13 ]
Classical
Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Vote_b105%Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Vote_b12
 5% [ 4 ]
Other
Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Vote_b1010%Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Vote_b12
 10% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 74

AuthorMessage
shadowed thought

shadowed thought

Female Number of posts : 1046
Job/hobbies : Art and music =life
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2007-11-11

Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Type of Music   Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 1:29 am

Wowowowow you're my new idol Pearl! A 12-year old who listens to my kind of music...lol you rule (^_______^)

I voted for metal, rock, screamo and alternative [*hint hint* it's alternative not alternate lol]

And Aaryn: long live death metal! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Silent Contemplation

Silent Contemplation

Male Number of posts : 2885
Job/hobbies : Guitar, Videogames, Listening to music for hours on end.
Biography : I'm a music lover, music is my life. I love to rp, and I'm crazy sometimes. But, I'm nice mostly ^^.
Registration date : 2007-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Type of Music   Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 10:43 am

yes ^^

death metal rocks!

*head bangs but ends up hitting his computer screen*

OW. lol.

rock, screamo, metal, death metal, alternative (I thought I put it like that up there...meh...)

YEA!!!!!!

lol.
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

Male Number of posts : 1597

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Type of Music   Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 12:15 pm

I voted for metal and rock, but I usually like metal bands that have more of a progressive rock element to how they sound.
Back to top Go down
shadowed thought

shadowed thought

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Type of Music   Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 2:44 pm

such as pelican, opeth and tool?

Omw the gig today was so AWESOME! The Narrow, He Sha Burn Straatligkinders, Inertia etc...just wow lol
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Type of Music   Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 3:08 pm

Yes, exactly like Opeth and Tool. Don't forget the Dream Theater or the Pain of Salvation either.
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

Female Number of posts : 1563
Job/hobbies : kool-aid. Ohhh, yeah!
Biography : Do we have to fill this one out? >:{
Registration date : 2007-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Type of Music   Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 12:00 am

I voted everything because I listen to everything. Music is music, and no matter what it is, it's all good. Although, some get a bit more favortism than others.
Back to top Go down
shadowed thought

shadowed thought

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Type of Music   Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 2:22 am

Of course! How could I forget to mention Dream Theater ^^
I haven't really been exposed to Pain of Salvation though?
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Type of Music   Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 1:42 pm

Well if you like bands like Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree, and Tool. You will love Pain of Salvation. I reccomend starting with their album titled Perfect Element Part I
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 7893
Job/hobbies : Admin/Writer/Teacher/Recruiter
Biography : Loved by many, hated by more.
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Type of Music   Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 1:51 am

that's a nice thing to say tif, although i didn't vote that way, i give everyone's music a try to see if i'll like it. some shit don't work for me, but that don't mean that i'll dog it out. tis why i made my long post about rap music, soley because of the response to it here.

But then again, i love things that other people hate from the second they foolishly judge it XD all my fav athletes are this way.

And Vincent, those songs are long too?
Back to top Go down
https://ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Type of Music   Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 3:27 pm

To listen to Pain of Salvation you really need an hour and fifteen minutes to listen to the whole album. You can't get an idea of what they're really trying to do without appreciating the full album.
Back to top Go down
Senzuba†An'Dor

Senzuba†An'Dor

Male Number of posts : 175
Job/hobbies : job...i could cry but none atm, hobbies, well lets say alot
Biography : ....long
Registration date : 2007-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Type of Music   Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 11:30 pm

METAL
Back to top Go down
http://unraelx.spruz.com
PrimordialFire

PrimordialFire

Male Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Type of Music   Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 4:23 pm

I voted for metal but I also like some other stuff like Eurobeat and some hip hop
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105793/quotes
Kadaj

Kadaj

Female Number of posts : 382
Job/hobbies : Artist, Writer, Daydreamer, Romantic, Optimist and Harbinger of Insanity!
Biography : I've been beaten, lost, forgotten, misunderstood, abandoned, and from it all... inspired.
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Type of Music   Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 7:36 pm

Out of that list, I listen to punk, rock, metal, alternative and screamo. XD

But I like some indie stuff as well. @_@ And like... I have a thing for really pretty music. O_o [Like Werewolf by CocoRosie, Konstantine by... I forgot who... or Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap... that type of pretty. XD]

I have a thing for music from different countries as well. o_O

As for rap... I don't listen to it, but I don't dislike it. I respect rap as I respect all music [that involves singing], as poetry. Because that's what it is. Well, all music. And therefore, I respect it, though it's not generally my... "thing" in terms of what I listen to. ^^; But I can listen to it if someone I'm with is listening to it, or it's playing in the car or on the bus or whatnot. It's just not something you'll find on my mp3 player.

The only music I really can't stand is country. XD;; I can tolerate it for a little bit, and then I just wanna bash my head against the wall. Oh, and christmas music. I can't stand christmas music... except for on, like, christmas day.

... On a random note, I love music from, like... musicals and broadways and stuff [IT'S PRIEST~ HAVE A LITTLE PRIEST!].

Sorry. I ranted. Again. T_T
Back to top Go down
http://kamikaze-super-hero.deviantart.com/
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 7893
Job/hobbies : Admin/Writer/Teacher/Recruiter
Biography : Loved by many, hated by more.
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Type of Music   Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 1:21 pm

I think you have a very interesting take on things elaine, and it's similar to what i would say, but switch the music you listen to with rap, and vice versa.
Back to top Go down
https://ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
minox2109

minox2109

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Type of Music   Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 2:50 pm

I pretty much listen 2 anythin... except a few things... most of the time I like the song more then the genre or the band...
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

Male Number of posts : 2201
Rep : 5
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Type of Music   Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 4:56 am

Metal all the way! (death, black, heavy, Trash, Etc. but not Nu-metal)

Some of my fav bands,

DevilDriver
Amoral
Amon Amarth
Behemoth
Kataklysm

Check them out!
Back to top Go down
PrimordialFire

PrimordialFire

Male Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Type of Music   Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 1:00 pm

Yeaaaah! Those bands ruuuuuule!

Behemoth live is so brutal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105793/quotes
Chimerageist

Chimerageist

Male Number of posts : 799
Job/hobbies : World Domination (696)
Biography : I'm a fun loving, easy going, sarcastic, funny, power-hungry man of men.Talk to me ;D.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Type of Music   Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 9:01 am

I like....

Metal
Gothic Metal
Death Metal
POWER METAL
Black Metal
Symphonic black metal
Melodic Death Metal
NU-METAL
Heavy Metal
Thrash Metal
Alternative Rock
Soft Rock
Rap-Rock
Hard Rock
Symphonic Rock
Progressive Rock
Psychedelic Rock
Emo
Gothic Rock
Screamo
Ska(Jk, SKA SUCKS)
Pop-rock
J-Rock
Southern Rock
Crunk
Hip Hop
R&B
Techno/Rave Music
J-pop

And I think that just about covers it Very Happy.

Btw, although there seems to be an huge prevalence in Metal up there...my favorite bands happen to usually be nu-metal and alt. XD.

For instance, my very favorite band of all time is Linkin Park.
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.Stfu.com
Sebastian

Male Number of posts : 32
Job/hobbies : Music & being the Pope. Being the Pope is only a part time gig though. I'm also the King of Cool
Biography : Four score and 7 years ago Jazz was brought to fame. I play Jazz.
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Type of Music   Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 1:51 pm

Well, I'll just have to say rock since it includes my favorite genre. Perhaps a little more of rock should be made into options since it's so diverse?
Back to top Go down
Tifa_Hearts_Cloud
Admin
Tifa_Hearts_Cloud

Female Number of posts : 1842
Biography : He loves me, he loves me, he loves mee!!!!! =D
Rep : 1
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Type of Music   Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 8:41 am

I put down Alternative-Rock/Metal, but I'm pretty diverse. I'll losten to anything except classical music. (I love to sing along and you just can't do it without lyrics. Haha)

I love to say that I hate rap, because if I didn't, a lot of my friends would think I'm turning on them. Haha. But some of it is decent. I'll find myself tapping my foot and it takes a concious effort to stop. xD

But country is good too. I love Toby Keith and Carrie Underwood.

Alternative/Rock/Metal is just my number one. Some of my favs are:
The Used
Linkin Park
Dream Theatre
Blue October
Metallica
etc etc etc
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

Male Number of posts : 2201
Rep : 5
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Type of Music   Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 9:34 am

A lot has changed in my musical taste over the past year.

Metal (all except for most metalcore/deathcore bands)
rock
punk
hip hop
rap (though I don't like gangsta rap)
classical (mozart FTW!)
techno
----------
top 5 bands (only for metal though)
1. DevilDriver
2. Amoral
3. Kataklysm
4. Amon Amarth
5. Opeth

-----

Also, THC, listen to this song Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmi_7udjaSE
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

Female Number of posts : 1352
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Type of Music   Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 4:16 pm

I listen to a lot of different music. I like rock, alternative, punk, classical, and classic rock. Nothing can beat a good AFI or Doors album---nothing!
Back to top Go down
Tifa_Hearts_Cloud
Admin
Tifa_Hearts_Cloud

Female Number of posts : 1842
Biography : He loves me, he loves me, he loves mee!!!!! =D
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Type of Music   Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:33 am

Oh my freaking goodness, apzrman, that was amazing. xD I laughed so much. I'm just glad I was home alone, or that wouldn't have been good. Hahaha.
Back to top Go down
.Exotic.Angel.

.Exotic.Angel.

Female Number of posts : 1205
Location : a birght and sunny day over at the hot beach in Puerto Rico ;)
Job/hobbies : Eat . Hang out . Beach . Movies . Sleep
Biography : Living, playing & laughing. All my essentials, nothing more.
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Type of Music   Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:58 pm

Rock

Gah ! I love Three Days Grace : D

Oh, and Metallica! I love One.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wolf_lover_heather
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Type of Music   Favorite Type of Music - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Type of Music
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2