FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FFDiscussion

Home to final fantasy talks and much more. Rp, thread games, general chat, and show off sections are all active. Enjoy the community!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Admins returning after December 1st, please check the Elite Eight board, and read the sticky thread for more info.

"The greatest game ever made."

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
[FF]Sonic

Male Number of posts : 107
Location : In that land of idiots, just under the unreachable sanity land
Job/hobbies : Being killed by nubs
Biography : Having fun with my hoover <3
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2009-07-19

"The greatest game ever made." Empty
PostSubject: "The greatest game ever made."   "The greatest game ever made." Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:23 am

A lot of fans think so. No matter how many years pass, FF7 still is the best game ever to me. The storyline, system, and characters were amazing. I love this game, and know everything there is to know about it. I'm with those that agree that Final Fantasy VII, is the greatest game of all time.
Back to top Go down
nemo

nemo

Male Number of posts : 1292
Job/hobbies : :p
Biography : Geek
Rep : 1
Registration date : 2007-11-18

PostSubject: Re: "The greatest game ever made."   "The greatest game ever made." Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 7:46 pm

I still haven't finished it, but I value Crisis Core over the original, simply cause I hate Cloud...

I didn't really like it because it sort of relates to real life with the technology and companies with too much power, SOLDIER = Military. I don't like real life. lol

I can't agree with the ATB system. It forces you to think on the spot, and....I'm terrible at that, my brain is very slow, I have to think of my next move slowly, otherwise I die.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffliminality.forums-free.com
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

Male Number of posts : 2201
Rep : 5
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: "The greatest game ever made."   "The greatest game ever made." Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:54 pm

There are some aspects of FF7 that I like, like the hidden characters, quick battle system (since I don't like slow battles), lots of side missions. But as for best game ever? Nope!

I have played FF7 up to disc 3, pretty much only have the chocobo breeding to go then I've completed all side missions, and just gotta kill Sephiroth, but I got up to that point quite a few months ago and just havn't been in the mood to play it.

I think for a game to be 'the best game ever made', it has to draw the attention of anyone who plays it. Even my most favourite games Zelda: Majora's Mask & Ocarina of Time wouldn't be able to achieve that since many people have different taste.
------------------

On the other hand, I should introduce you to the Final Fantasy Faction on GT.com, there's always a "FF7 Vs. FF6" thread created each week. I've seen quite some good arguments in it.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 7893
Job/hobbies : Admin/Writer/Teacher/Recruiter
Biography : Loved by many, hated by more.
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: "The greatest game ever made."   "The greatest game ever made." Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:32 pm

I'll stake my claim against this. It's not even the top two final fantasy game to me.

The story to me isn't as deep as people like to dream it is. SOLDIER does equal military so most of that story was pretty copied from things that have actually happened historically. Cloud was an even more shallow main character, the worst aside from Vaan in my opinion. He doesn't have any depth because he doesn't even know himself. If you're wondering about you the entire game, how the hell can I relate to you? It was a cheap move trying get people to relate to the whole emo lack of identity thing, and I'm insulted that it's the stereotype they feel applies to rpg fans.

Also some of the characters bothered me. Aerith could be the most annoying character ever, even over Penelo and Selphie. Vincent was nice but, it's not like he's got much going for him in-game because the spin offs weren't out yet. Plus our society has shown, anything vampire sells. I'm personally not caught up in the whole "love all vamps" thing so I wasn't that impressed. The development system was...? Materia? It didn't make for much for strategy if you ask me.

FFX is the best game to me. Tidus may not be the manliest of guys and yes, he did annoy me with his lame attitude sometimes, but he at least was more relatable. He was far more athletic than Cloud, and he wasn't just a "super powerful guy with a troubled past" like always. He started off weak as hell and knowing nothing of his new world. So while he got stronger, you got better, and while he learned, you learned with him, very good tactic to attach you to the main character.

The linear traveling didn't bother me much, in fact I loved it. If you like being able to travel east and west, that's all well and good. The fact is, even a world map traveling seven hundred miles per hour on foot doesn't give you that much freedom. You still have to do certain things to move on to the next area, so essentially the wandering is the same but ffx can get you in the right direction at all time. You can't just travel the world unless you get good transportation anyways, which is the same in ffx for when you get the airship.

The overall story to me is much deeper. Each character was relatable and had both a personality and battle contribution that was unique in their own right. The sphere grid allowed for great specialization early for a balanced team that made each character important, and then later in the game offered great versatility when you wanted to change or add roles to the characters. Building one stat a time was a great move because it provided incentive to keep leveling up for a specific node you really looked forward to. In a pure level system, you just go for a number just to feel like you have a higher number to compete with. The sphere grid makes you have to think ahead and plan to develop your characters instead of basic bull headed random encounters.

FFX had Rikku, Yuna, and Lulu
FF7 had Yuffie, Aeirith, and Tifa

FFX wins 2 of those 3 easily lol.
Back to top Go down
https://ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
[FF]Sonic

Male Number of posts : 107
Location : In that land of idiots, just under the unreachable sanity land
Job/hobbies : Being killed by nubs
Biography : Having fun with my hoover <3
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: "The greatest game ever made."   "The greatest game ever made." Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 5:07 am

We all have different taste.
Back to top Go down
nemo

nemo

Male Number of posts : 1292
Job/hobbies : :p
Biography : Geek
Rep : 1
Registration date : 2007-11-18

PostSubject: Re: "The greatest game ever made."   "The greatest game ever made." Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 6:09 am

Like I said, I ain't finished it yet, I just got to the......Transvestite Cloud scene, so I'm in the sewers at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffliminality.forums-free.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The greatest game ever made."   "The greatest game ever made." Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"The greatest game ever made."
Page 1 of 1