FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FFDiscussion

Home to final fantasy talks and much more. Rp, thread games, general chat, and show off sections are all active. Enjoy the community!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Admins returning after December 1st, please check the Elite Eight board, and read the sticky thread for more info.

Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII)

Go down 
+5
Seymour
Jimi
LeonKnight
AtLossForWords
EnanoMaldito
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Saami

Saami

Female Number of posts : 21
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII)   Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 6:22 am

If you liked Kingdom Hearts' battle system, I don't understand why you don't like 12's battle system as it's just a cleaner version of KH's. I for one have had to grow fond of the battle system. I hated it at first because it was so damn confusing and I was coming off of X and it's lovely turned based system (which I adore with all my heart). But as I got stronger and progressed through the game (and actually stopped dying), then I started to enjoy 12's battle system.

And for the record, I love Kingdom Hearts' battle system. It's the only reason I play Kingdom Hearts.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 7893
Job/hobbies : Admin/Writer/Teacher/Recruiter
Biography : Loved by many, hated by more.
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII)   Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 3:42 pm

It did get easier, but I just think the turn based style works well, or the KH style. But having a monogamous stand still real time battle system was weird to me.

If you could evade, get critical hits, manual blocking, things like that, it would be better. But it was just turn based while pointlessly moving or just standing. And then the gambit system just allows you to run around to a fight, watch the same fight over and over, and run to another.
Back to top Go down
https://ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
Tif

Tif

Female Number of posts : 1563
Job/hobbies : kool-aid. Ohhh, yeah!
Biography : Do we have to fill this one out? >:{

PostSubject: Re: Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII)   Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 7:48 pm

You can get critical hits, only with a bow, though.
Back to top Go down
Saami

Saami

PostSubject: Re: Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII)   Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 1:59 pm

I've gotten critical hits without a bow before. :O
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII)   Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 5:03 pm

Is it just a matter of chance or your aim?
Back to top Go down
Saami

Saami

PostSubject: Re: Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII)   Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 6:14 pm

I think it has to do with chance, as well as your stats. If I'm not mistaken, there's an accessory that increases your chances of getting a critical hit.
Back to top Go down
Mike

Mike

Male Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII)   Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 8:16 pm

I used to think that all you had to do was use your mist charges and win everything easily, but if you do any of the side-quests it isn't that easy. Your overdrives just get worse and worse eventually, to the point where they become almost useless. I found that the best strategy was to use reverse and lure on one character, put him on berserk and haste, and while he's going wild get the other two to use supportive magic to keep him like that. A mist charge might do about 30,000 damage, but with that strategy you can get more than that in a matter of seconds.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII)   Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 4:42 pm

Sounds well thought out. your thoughts or did you have inspiration?
Back to top Go down
Mike

Mike

Male Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII)   Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 8:29 pm

No lol I didn't think of it all myself. I found out about the reverse and lure trick, but then theres a lot of other stuff you sorta have to figure out on your own while you're doing it..
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII)   Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 8:34 pm

Ah because when i was reading it, i was remembering how i played ff12. and i was like.... shit! I didn't think like that lol.
Back to top Go down
minox2109

minox2109

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII)   Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:32 am

jst make sure u hve enough items... then get rid of all their statuses n use reverse at all times... the mist charges r useless because u really need the mana during the fight...
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

Female Number of posts : 1563
Job/hobbies : kool-aid. Ohhh, yeah!
Biography : Do we have to fill this one out? >:{

PostSubject: Re: Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII)   Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 2:57 pm

Basically, in what everyone is trying to say is that each person who plays an FF game will undoubtly use the same strategy. I don't see how you can use oyur own tricks, though, because you're most likely to screw up the battle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII)   Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any strategies on Bosses? (FF XII)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FFDiscussion :: Final Fantasy :: FFXI - FFXII-
Jump to: