FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FFDiscussion

Home to final fantasy talks and much more. Rp, thread games, general chat, and show off sections are all active. Enjoy the community!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Admins returning after December 1st, please check the Elite Eight board, and read the sticky thread for more info.

Are you scared by games?

Go down 
+3
Tifa_Hearts_Cloud
apzrman
Ricky
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ricky

Ricky

Male Number of posts : 1130
Job/hobbies : Student
Biography : Checked this for the first time in 6 years. Hope you're all doing well with whatever you're up to these days :)
Rep : 1
Registration date : 2007-11-10

Are you scared by games? Empty
PostSubject: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 10:11 am

Yup title says it all... but also have you not been scared by games that you were supposed to?

Anyway, the only games that i've been scared of are Project Zero 2/ Fatal Frame 2 or Condemned. I can't explain the moment in Fatal Frame because it would sound crap if i did, but i can for Condemned

Basically, every place you go to is a hobo/zombie infested crap-hole, and in the penultimate level, you're in a house (For example, EXACTLY LIKE YOURS! And theres a killer right behind you, but don't look because he'll be really really mad!) and go down into the cellar. You then start hearing all these creakings of the floor above you, and footsteps etc. And although this doesn't happen to everyone (as you can miss the enemies when you're in there), just as you're going up the stairs, you hear footsteps, turn around and theres a zombie RIGHT IN YOUR FACE. And then you throw down the controller and cry, etc.

Doesn't sound scary but it is...

I don't get scared easily by games, so theres been lots where i shoud have been... F.E.A.R., Doom 3, Resi Evil series...
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

Male Number of posts : 2201
Rep : 5
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:30 pm

Prey - Custom Map (Can't remember it's name)
Playing the mod version, which was it's own level (created from scratch, no conectivity to the game). Well the mod practically tells you that yr experiencing paranormal phenomina, especially when the hotel your in starts acting weird, everyone is dead inside it and you hear noises going by and the lights flicker. While walking down a certain corridor, flames surround you and you see an enemy up ahead, when you go towards him, he dissapears, when you walk a bit more further ahead, he jumps up right infront of you.

Pretty much scared the crap out of me.
Back to top Go down
Tifa_Hearts_Cloud
Admin
Tifa_Hearts_Cloud

Female Number of posts : 1842
Biography : He loves me, he loves me, he loves mee!!!!! =D
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:20 pm

Fatal Frame creeped me out and I jumped a lot.

Deadspace was supposed to be scary, but it didn't bother me at all.

Silent Hill, though, freak me out every time without fail. Especially Homecoming. Those damn lurkers....
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

Female Number of posts : 1352
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:26 pm

Resident Evil 4 scared me the first time I played it. It was my first RE I ever played, so I didn't know what to expect. I was doing fine until the chainsaw guy came up and lobbed my head off. I screamed so loud that my mom thought I was being murdered! lol RE Zero also scares me, as does the first one, remake, with Lisa Trevor. I had nightmares!
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightGabranth

DarkKnightGabranth

Male Number of posts : 279
Job/hobbies : Playing Final Fantasy
Biography : I'll miss you guys alot, I'm sorry I didn't help as much as I should've... If we decide to try again sometime in the future, please tell me if you can, and I promise I'll do better.
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 4:22 pm

At one point i tried a game called FEAR, and it gave me nightmares for almost a month o.o I kept seeing this ghostly little girl sneaking around, and when i went over there, there was nothing but bloody footprints, and then at one point i was wlaking down a hall and she appeared and blew up the whole place, and she floated out of the fire, with bloody footprints following her (imagine a bloody version of Nibelhiem) with this evil giggle, and that scared me to death at my young age o.o It would still probably scare me.
Back to top Go down
http://tinychat.com/trollparadise
Tifa_Hearts_Cloud
Admin
Tifa_Hearts_Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 7:23 pm

That would be freaky. xD

Parts of Metal Gear Solid 4 made me jumpy. Like Laughing Octopie and whatever. Not scary, but they kept you on your toes.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 7:36 am

MGS2 made me jump big time, and the game wasn't trying to be scary.

I was in the 3rd holdings of the tanker level, on the 2nd floor. I was trying to get good shots of the Marine logo on MG Ray and all the dog tags. I walked past this pillar, which I couldn't see around, so I didn't take much attention to my surroundings. I went past the pillar and I hear the '!' sound, with the tv volume up really loud. I freaked so bad that not only did I jump, but I snorted my drink!

Show's how much I wasn't expecting there to be a soldier behind the pillar Razz
Back to top Go down
Tifa_Hearts_Cloud
Admin
Tifa_Hearts_Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 11:22 am

The "!" scared you? I can see that. It comes out of nowhere sometimes. xD It always makes me giggle though.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 9:10 pm

I didn't see the '!' itself. It was the noise it makes, that loud shrilling noise.
Back to top Go down
Tifa_Hearts_Cloud
Admin
Tifa_Hearts_Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:33 am

The noise is just as good. I got a real kick out of it when they did it at Sony's presentation at E3. I cracked up.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 7:55 am

this year's E3? I guess I missed it :S
--------

Giygas from Earthbound scares the hell outa me. Probly the only 2d pixelated thing to do that... Especially since I found out the story behind the creation of Giygas.
Back to top Go down
Tifa_Hearts_Cloud
Admin
Tifa_Hearts_Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 1:13 pm

Pyramid Head scares me too. Especially in Silent Hill 4: Homecoming. CREEPER!
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightGabranth

DarkKnightGabranth

Male Number of posts : 279
Job/hobbies : Playing Final Fantasy
Biography : I'll miss you guys alot, I'm sorry I didn't help as much as I should've... If we decide to try again sometime in the future, please tell me if you can, and I promise I'll do better.
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:16 am

I recently tried a game called Sweet Home on the NES. Its an old survival-horror game (it had a huge influence on games life Resident Evil).

Despite my better judgement, i tried it, thinking that it wouldnt be quite as scary to me (like old black-and-white horror films wouldnt spook anyone who's watched any horror film from the 80's and up). As you can guess, it scared me half to death. I was fine through most of it (except for some enemies that were really freaky), but I freaked out and stopped playing after what was probably the goriest scene in any video game before Madworld.

For any fans of horror and gore, though, i highly recommend it. But it takes alot of time and clue finding to play through, so you need to be very patient.
Back to top Go down
http://tinychat.com/trollparadise
Ricky

Ricky

Male Number of posts : 1130
Job/hobbies : Student
Biography : Checked this for the first time in 6 years. Hope you're all doing well with whatever you're up to these days :)
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 1:40 pm

I played the Cradle level in Thief: Deadly Shadows. It's supposed to be one of the scariest levels in any video game, but it wasn't too bad. The only bit that creeped me out was when you went up some really long stairs, and as you reached the door at the top, it sounded as if something massive was coming up the stairs to get you :p
Back to top Go down
Princess ALY

Number of posts : 171
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:00 pm

The one that was totally freaking was Fatal Frame 3.

But, one of my reasons for playing horror games is to get scared, 'cause once I get used to them throught the game, I don't know how should I put it, ummmm.. I kind of get the feeling that I lost something important.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:08 am

I gotta try out Fatal Frame 4, apparently it's a good scare game.

I loved that part in RE4 where you control the blonde girl. I couldn't see the armour coming to me, I could only hear it, so I just kept running. Probly one of the few parts of the game that had my adrenaline pumping.
Back to top Go down
Princess ALY

PostSubject: Re: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:00 pm

Seen a trailer of it. Same thought here. But since I don't own its device, I can't play it.

I really hate RE 4!!! It was like an adventure game to me! And the part of that Ashely-baby sitting part was the worst!!
The game was so miserable! I can't say that I didn't enjoy it, but not as RE game! That's what I hate about it!
Zombies that can talk & understand?!!!!! Don't joke with me!
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

Female Number of posts : 1352
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:53 pm

Well, they weren't zombies per say, they were infected with a plague and not a virus, so they were able to talk and plan things out. But that's just me being nerdy and all
Back to top Go down
Princess ALY

PostSubject: Re: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:05 am

If I remember correctly, it was a modified zombie virus or something.

But still, I see it going off the Resident Evil Series.

RE 1, 2, 3, & Code Veronica were pretty much scary.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:50 pm

It was a parasite that could control them, hence why they could still think.
Back to top Go down
Princess ALY

PostSubject: Re: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:13 am

Oh, but still I think there was some modified virus part in it!!!! Are you scared by games? Icon_neutral

Silent Hill 4 was really scary when I first played it, but then I somehow got used to it.
Back to top Go down
Unknown

Unknown

Male Number of posts : 906
Job/hobbies : Anime, Manga, Gaming
Biography : Unknown Guy A played by: unknown
Registration date : 2007-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 5:17 am

Hmmm, s far only By Left 4 dead 2 when you get the zommies especially the witch popping out from who knows what god forsaken hole at your side and you turn to face them at the exact moment they strike. Same for the grotesque creatures of Fallout 3.
I get startled, but not really scared by games. If you've seen people getting the shit hammered out of them and their limbs bashed of with a sledgehammer too many times it tends to get more enjoyable seeing it than scary. Ok, I may be a lil sadistic but I tend to laugh at the mutilated corpses in games and animes and the bloody killings are enjoyable I'd say. Random zommies can be startling but not really scary I guess
Back to top Go down
Princess ALY

PostSubject: Re: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:32 pm

Agreed. This is the best thing about horror games! What's the point if you don't enjoy these scary scenes?
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:22 pm

We've been desensitised too much that things that are suppose to be scary become a slight amusement Razz
Back to top Go down
Unknown

Unknown

Male Number of posts : 906
Job/hobbies : Anime, Manga, Gaming
Biography : Unknown Guy A played by: unknown
Registration date : 2007-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:22 am

Not slight, great amusement. Why else would there be a game for SAW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you scared by games?   Are you scared by games? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you scared by games?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next