FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FFDiscussion

Home to final fantasy talks and much more. Rp, thread games, general chat, and show off sections are all active. Enjoy the community!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Admins returning after December 1st, please check the Elite Eight board, and read the sticky thread for more info.

SSB-Your Characters of Choice

Go down 
+3
AtLossForWords
Ricky
Chimerageist
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chimerageist

Chimerageist

Male Number of posts : 799
Job/hobbies : World Domination (696)
Biography : I'm a fun loving, easy going, sarcastic, funny, power-hungry man of men.Talk to me ;D.
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2007-11-07

SSB-Your Characters of Choice Empty
PostSubject: SSB-Your Characters of Choice   SSB-Your Characters of Choice Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 1:38 pm

Out of all the SSB characters in the three games, who do you most enjoy using, who is your best character, and who do you hate the most?And if you can, explain your playing style XD.

Favorites:Marth and Wolf for sure.Marth however has always been my number 1.(Except in the original of course, at the point I was an enormous fan of Link XD)When I found out about Wolf and began playing him though...dear god....Amazing <3.I loved him in 64 and seeing him in Brawl was just like, orgasmic.

Best Characters:Marth, Wolf, and Link.I've never lost an online match using any of those characters.

Most Hated:I LOATHE Yoshi.He's my Numero Uno hated.In second place comes Olimar, then Ganondorf, Bowser, and finally Bowser.I'm not a fan of Slow characters, at all.I'm horrible with em.

Playing Style:Psychological, tactical, and Head on Assaulter

Marth-I come at you from the start...fast.I don't give my opponents a chance to think and just assault them all out.This is very effective at psyching them out, they begin to feel distressed and panicked, like they can't win.I continue to never let up...even when I knock em away I run right after em, and land the finishing blow as they're still flying away.I have also made it my goal to master Counter instead of using dodge, so that when they do get an attack, it's easy to see and exceptionally easy to use that move, psyching them out further.Marth is my mind manipulator, and I feel godlike when using him XD.Favorite Color is his black outfit.

Wolf-With Wolf I have to admit...I get extremmly cocky.I start the battle by standing still, and letting them come towards me.Wolf is very good at keeping your opponents at bay and away from you.As soon as they try to attack me i'll begin to dodge excessively, making sure they don't hit.Then i'll start to hit em with the Forward B attack, and annoy them with the blaster.I also enjoy taunting whenever I get a chance with this character.His howls and growls are so satisfying <3.After racking up alot of damage from my dodging then attack, i'll lead them to the edge and end them with a well placed smash attack.My favorite outfit is the second blue one <3.

Link-As Link I change my playing style to fit the situation.I'll start off as a full frontal physcial assaulter, and eventually switch it up to projectiles.I'll let the projectiles rack up damage on my opponent, and when they've taken enough, i'll surprise them by rushing towards em and delivering a beautiful smash attack <3.Favorite outfit is the Black with red eyes XD.
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.Stfu.com
Ricky

Ricky

Male Number of posts : 1130
Job/hobbies : Student
Biography : Checked this for the first time in 6 years. Hope you're all doing well with whatever you're up to these days :)
Rep : 1
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: SSB-Your Characters of Choice   SSB-Your Characters of Choice Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 2:25 pm

I don't have Brawl yet... it isn't even out over here -_-. My fave character will probably be Sheik though.
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

Male Number of posts : 1597
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2007-11-07

PostSubject: Re: SSB-Your Characters of Choice   SSB-Your Characters of Choice Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 6:54 pm

Best Characters- Link, Pit, and Zelda.

Favorite Character- Link by far, if I'm going down he's the one who will fight the hardest throughout every KO and fall.

Most Hated Characters- My buddy uses Sonic and Lucario like a madman. His speed with Sonic is insane, and the way he attacks with Lucario pisses me off when he floats in the air endlessly. On top of that Lucario is so damn heavy, so it is really hard to KO him with up A smashes.

Link-Projectiles, projectiles, projectiles. They piss anyone you play off to no end. Whenever my opponent lets me get space on him, it's bows and boomerangs, endless bows and boomerangs that is. When they get at a good and then it's bombs and boomerangs. Even if they have over 150% damage I keep on them with bombs and boomerangs until the damage is so high they practically quit. This is one hell of a psyche out. I don't mind fighting with the sword, but I let my opponents come to me. For a finishing move I use them all according to the situation. If I'm in the air, I use the classic downstab. If I'm below I like the aerial spin or the smash attack up, or if they are on the ground, nothing beats Link's double side smashes. To get out of a pinch I rely on spin moves or down smashes. Costume-Red or Dark Link.

Zelda- Everyone who plays a Zelda thinks they can toss her around, not this bitch. I like to build up some damage and create some space with Din's Fire and then if they get to close, I use Nayru's love to back them off. When the damage is high any of Zelda's smash attacks work. The aerial up smash destroys anyone. The up a smash much the same, and the side smash works really well. As a matter of fact, all of Zelda's attacks hit really hard. All it takes is a little timing and Zelda can really brawl. She's great in team battles with Din's fire and really good crowd control. Costume-Lately I dig the red dress.

Pit- Everyone hates to play pit. His recovery is ridiculous. He is fast. He has a sword, and his up a smash and aerial up a smash are great KO moves. He doesn't have much range on his attacks other than his smash special and bow special, but those specials build up damage while you try to get your opponent above you. If all else fails, learn how to take hard hits that won't KO you without a chance to recover. Costume- they all kind of suck, but he's still fun to fight with.
Back to top Go down
lionheart1345

lionheart1345

Female Number of posts : 734
Job/hobbies : artist
Biography : I talk to strangers...that's how I make friends!! =D
Registration date : 2007-11-18

PostSubject: Re: SSB-Your Characters of Choice   SSB-Your Characters of Choice Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 7:26 am

lol every one wrote so much!!
Pit is my main character. Even tho he does have some disadvantages, Pit is still awesome! He's one of the best characters with wings, has that awesome side B attack (spinning his bow). plus he has a sword. His recovery is pretty retarded for a guy w/ wings, and it is pretty annoying how after certain times of recovering from a fall, you have to press up B. Besides that, everyone calls him "cheap" because he can hold side B forever lol.
I like playing as Link more than toon link. Toon link has that 360 sword spin, and link has the mace with the tornado.Link sux at jumping, but toon link is small and fast.
Marth is another one of the great charactersm with his counter and everything. He can also jump really well and is pretty fast. Ike is slow, but pretty powerful.
Sheik is pretty quick too.
As for characters I hate...Peach is really annoying. My friend is really gooad at using her, and it drives us insane when she does that dance thing or whatever. Sonic is pretty much useless, except for his speed. Unless you know how to use him, that turns him dangerous. Then there's Lucario. KIRBY! I hate him! He doesn't just look and sound retarded, his moves are so gay and he does that drop thing (even tho you can dodge).

Last edited by lionheart1345 on Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : =3)
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

Male Number of posts : 2201
Rep : 5
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: SSB-Your Characters of Choice   SSB-Your Characters of Choice Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 8:11 am

Favourates: Wario, Snake, Pit, Link, Mr. Game & Watch (I find him an interesting character)

Best Characters: Donkey Kong (only played SSB. 1)

Most Hated: Captain Olimar (STUPID addition to Brawl), Kirby (endless sucking me in), Jiggly Puff (oh how many times have I fallen asleep on that lava level)

Playing Style: Button macher, Fight for survival, Cheater

Donkey Kong: It's all about the grab and throw Very Happy

Link: Suicide is my move, I drop a bomb, then hookshot them to me and hold them there. I also love the spinning sword attack in mid air, oh how many times it's helped me on the star fox level Razz
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightGabranth

DarkKnightGabranth

Male Number of posts : 279
Job/hobbies : Playing Final Fantasy
Biography : I'll miss you guys alot, I'm sorry I didn't help as much as I should've... If we decide to try again sometime in the future, please tell me if you can, and I promise I'll do better.
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: SSB-Your Characters of Choice   SSB-Your Characters of Choice Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 7:51 pm

My favorite characters (no specific order): Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Sheik, Sonic, Falco, Kirby, Marth, Toon Link, Lucario (as you can see, i dont care much for the tier list)

Least favorites: Olimar, Zelda, Ice Climbers.

Playing Style: Stratigist, trickster, hit-&-run, counter-attacker.

Character Plans:

Lucacio: Save up Aura, then let out a bunch of attacks.

Kirby: Absorb the opponents attack, and constantly use it as a finishing blow (after all, what hurts more then being beaten by your own move?)

Falco: Drag in the opponent with the Reflector, and slap them around

Ganondorf: Run to the opponent, perform a rough combo, then run and set up an ambush (hitand run not good for Ganondorf? Thats what they would think...)

The Good Captain: Perform alot of combo's, then Falcon Punch them right into the sky.
Back to top Go down
http://tinychat.com/trollparadise
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

Male Number of posts : 2201
Rep : 5
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: SSB-Your Characters of Choice   SSB-Your Characters of Choice Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:54 am

Well, since it's been almost a year since my last post in this thread (back when I didn't have SSBB) I think I shall update it.

(This probly goes in order)
Favourites: Link, Marth, Game & Watch, Ike, Snake, Wario, Pit, Wolf, Luigi.

Best Characters: Link, Ike, Wolf, Game & Watch

Hated: Olimar (still think he's a stupid addition), Yoshi (Just a plain shitty character), Meta Knight (the broken fag)

Playing Style: Suicider, kill them at any cost, random movements.

Link: Spin Move and A Down when in the air are my fav moves with him.

Ike: Mostly use his charge shots (strong Left A, etc) to hit opponents far.

Wolf: New character to me, quite quick with him.

Game & Watch: practically same as Link, but use A more than B attacks.
Back to top Go down
nemo

nemo

Male Number of posts : 1292
Job/hobbies : :p
Biography : Geek
Registration date : 2007-11-18

PostSubject: Re: SSB-Your Characters of Choice   SSB-Your Characters of Choice Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 10:48 pm

Favorite Characters - Toon Link, Snake, Falco, Wolf, Sheik, Kirby and Ike, I like Toon Link mainly cause no one else does. xD

Worst Characters - Link, Diddy Kong, MetaKnight, Ganondorf, Ness and Lucas, Jigglypuff, Ike, Yoshi and Mario.

Best Characters - Toon Link, Fox Trio, Sheik, Marth and Snake.

Toon Link - His speed and light weight are my main advantages. His recovery ROOOOLZ! and his B attacks come in real handy. I always come to a close finish when battling my friends who are tournament worthy, but I can never beat them. I've never been good at fighting games, but that's beside the point. His down+B is impossible to exit if you accidentaly spike yourself off the stage. >_>

Fox Trio - The Reflector is my spam technique. xD My friend uses Link and he has a big disadvantage against Falco. Their Speed Dash is also my recovery fallback, it's gotten me out of tight spots. Their up+B technique has gotten me to SD too many times. -_-

Sheik - Her speed is fantastic and her aerial techniques are great for confusing enemies, she's my secondary best. Her recovery is difficult to control.

Marth - I counter with him alot, so I'm good at fighting Falco with him, his recovery is pretty good too..his other techniques kinda suck.

Snake - The C4 is the greatest technique ever thought up. xD I always plant it on my friend and he never realizes it till he right at the edge and all of a sudden he's flying off the screen. xD His recovery sucks though..
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffliminality.forums-free.com
DarkKnightGabranth

DarkKnightGabranth

Male Number of posts : 279
Job/hobbies : Playing Final Fantasy
Biography : I'll miss you guys alot, I'm sorry I didn't help as much as I should've... If we decide to try again sometime in the future, please tell me if you can, and I promise I'll do better.
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: SSB-Your Characters of Choice   SSB-Your Characters of Choice Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:36 pm

I think I'll update my list

Favorites (SSB): Captain Falcon, Link, Samus Pikachu (i've always been open-minded about characters, so my favorites are usually packed)
Hated (SSB): Yoshi (he is ok in brawl, but in melee and the original, i cant get him to work)

Favorite (SSBM): Captain Falcon, Sheik, Dr. Mario, Roy, Marth, Mewtwo
Hated (SSBM): Yoshi again, Peach, Ganondorf (couldnt make much strategy for a slower Captain Falcon, but when they made him more unique in brawl, he became a favorite of mine)

Favorite (SSBB): The Good Captain, Snake, Sonic, Ganondorf, Shiek, Toon Link, Lucas, Wario, Lucario, Pit, Marth, Pokemon Trainer (more specifically, Ivysaur and Charizard, although Squirtle is on my neutral list)
Hated (SSBB): Peach, Mario's F.L.U.D.D. move (not Mario himself, i just think a non-damaging special is kinda dumb), Olimar (i kinda like his playstyle, but i think the character himself doesnt really fit into brawl), Meta Knight spammers (do i need to explain?)

Strategies: hit-and-run, trickster, counter-attacking.
Back to top Go down
http://tinychat.com/trollparadise
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SSB-Your Characters of Choice   SSB-Your Characters of Choice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SSB-Your Characters of Choice
Page 1 of 1