FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FFDiscussion

Home to final fantasy talks and much more. Rp, thread games, general chat, and show off sections are all active. Enjoy the community!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Admins returning after December 1st, please check the Elite Eight board, and read the sticky thread for more info.

Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Semi-Finals

Go down 
3 posters

WHO will be eliminated tonight?
Rikku
Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Semi-Finals Vote_b1025%Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Semi-Finals Vote_b12
 25% [ 1 ]
Rinoa
Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Semi-Finals Vote_b1050%Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Semi-Finals Vote_b12
 50% [ 2 ]
Tifa
Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Semi-Finals Vote_b1025%Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Semi-Finals Vote_b12
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Tif

Tif

Female Number of posts : 1563
Job/hobbies : kool-aid. Ohhh, yeah!
Biography : Do we have to fill this one out? >:{
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Semi-Finals Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Semi-Finals   Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Semi-Finals Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 8:13 pm

Still in the Running: Rikku, Tifa
Bottom Two: Rinoa & Vincent
Eliminated: Vincent Valtine

RULES!:

* You can only vote one character each week
* During the first (5) eliminations, choose your least favorite character (NOTE: Voting style will change once it narrows down to (5) characters)
* You can root for your character; however, be careful when you post something about a character that may offend somebody
* No arguments between which character is better than which
* Do not complain if your character gets eliminated; the competition is fair for every character

Rikku - A spunky, young and tolerant woman with a bright personality.
Rinoa - A young, strong-willed woman who seems to struggle with her life (do not edit, vince)
Tifa - A caring and optimistic young woman who takes on the role of a Mother and role model of many.

Okay, since we can't change poll choices or take off all votes and make it eligible for everyone to vote again (as far as we know), the new threads will just keep coming till we're done.

NOTE: We have reached our Top Three! Now it's time to VOTE FOR YOUR MOST FAOVRITE!!!

We will be doing eliminations differently now. (* is required)

*Who do you feel should be Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon?

*Who do you feel should NOT be Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon?

Other comments?

Vote now to see who is eliminated tomorrow!

Who do you feel should be Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon?

Rikku. Rikku has a great personality is the best out of the girls to represent Final Fantasy. With a spunky attitude, who wouldn't want to see her at the top?

Who do you feel should NOT be Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon?

Rinoa. She jsut spews too many rainbows and there is no way someone can be happy all the time. I think she is not the one who is BEST to represent Final Fantasy and is a much weaker choice from the rest. Even if Rinoa becomes runner-up or wins, she does not deserve either spot.

Other comments?
Like Rikku, Tifa is also an excellent candidate to represent Final Fantasy. She's a thoughtful young woman, and even if she is runner-up, she will at least get the spot she deserves.

(if you come and vote on tomorrow, just write down your requested vote because the poll closes in one day)
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

Male Number of posts : 1597
Registration date : 2007-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Semi-Finals   Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Semi-Finals Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 10:27 pm

I want Rinoa to win, because Rinoa represents everything that is good about Final Fantasy. She represents the drama, the love, the fun, and the depression. I don't think there is anyone in the series who is a more complete character. She is beautiful, but real. She's happy, yet has been through tragic events, she's devoted yet rebellious. There is nothing not to love about Rinoa and her most complete depiction of a Final Fantasy character.

I want Rikku to lose. She is completely undeserving of any positive recognition. She's a recycled version of Yuffie without being Asian. I honestly just can't stand this girl because she is so superficial. The overly revealing outfit is nice, but it is not representative of what is best about Final Fantasy. I think anyone who votes for Rikku is choosing to see Final Fantasy as something superficial and fake. A series that's renowned for its heroes can't ever be best represented by a girl who can't cross the thunderplains without crying. What kind of hero fears the environment they explore, none! Rikku is so shameful she does not even have a significant male in her story. There is no Squall to her Rinoa, no Cloud to her Tifa, no Tidus to her Yuna. She's alone and for good reason too, because a chirpy voice like that couldn't attract a someone going deaf.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 7893
Job/hobbies : Admin/Writer/Teacher/Recruiter
Biography : Loved by many, hated by more.
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Semi-Finals   Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Semi-Finals Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 7:37 am

I'll say this again then about rikku...

She's the most adorable, cute girl a character designer has ever made! She seems so fun to be around, great sense of humor, and a gorgeous girl. She's also responsible, and ambitious, as seen by her leadership role within the Al Bheds when she was still so young. Her lack of a male counterpart is what makes her thrive over the rest of these two women. This isn't the who's the best gf contest, it's about being the top idol, being a singular title. She is dependent on no man, and she can stand on her own two feet. She's got that moxy, just ready to take the lead and be looked at by everyone. There's no superficial about her, she's just a real and honest upfront character. She's scared of lightning that hit the spot she just walked on, so would you be.

I think Rinoa was deserving of being top 3, but not in the top 2. She is a helpless character, and vincent made this point for me. She's so dependant on squall that we can't leave her alone here at the top. she's liable to float in space hoping someone will save her. Or even better, she'll get her own body taken over with nothing she can do about it and let the top spot be owned by ultimecia. The only way we can vote for rinoa, is if we were including every character that makes her even remotely significant to begin with.
Back to top Go down
https://ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 7893
Job/hobbies : Admin/Writer/Teacher/Recruiter
Biography : Loved by many, hated by more.
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Semi-Finals   Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Semi-Finals Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 7:41 am

btw, i accidentally voted for rinoa. i read the question and it was like WHO WILL be eliminated tonight. so i chose rinoa lol.
Back to top Go down
https://ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
Tif

Tif

Female Number of posts : 1563
Job/hobbies : kool-aid. Ohhh, yeah!
Biography : Do we have to fill this one out? >:{
Registration date : 2007-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Semi-Finals   Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Semi-Finals Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 11:35 am

Not a problem.

Rikku: 2
Rinoa: 1
Tifa: 1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Semi-Finals   Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Semi-Finals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Cycle 1, The Semi-Finals
Page 1 of 1