FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FFDiscussion

Home to final fantasy talks and much more. Rp, thread games, general chat, and show off sections are all active. Enjoy the community!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Admins returning after December 1st, please check the Elite Eight board, and read the sticky thread for more info.

Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Week 5, Cycle 1

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

WHO will be eliminated?
Rikku
Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Week 5, Cycle 1 - Page 2 Vote_b1017%Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Week 5, Cycle 1 - Page 2 Vote_b12
 17% [ 1 ]
Rinoa
Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Week 5, Cycle 1 - Page 2 Vote_b1017%Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Week 5, Cycle 1 - Page 2 Vote_b12
 17% [ 1 ]
Tidus
 17% [ 1 ]
Tifa
Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Week 5, Cycle 1 - Page 2 Vote_b1033%Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Week 5, Cycle 1 - Page 2 Vote_b12
 33% [ 2 ]
Vincent
Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Week 5, Cycle 1 - Page 2 Vote_b1016%Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Week 5, Cycle 1 - Page 2 Vote_b12
 16% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 7893
Job/hobbies : Admin/Writer/Teacher/Recruiter
Biography : Loved by many, hated by more.
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Week 5, Cycle 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Week 5, Cycle 1   Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Week 5, Cycle 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 2:05 am

But when dealing with our icon that represents ff as a whole, we have to try to find someone with a big personality, and captivating looks. No doubt, we have three beautiful women left on our poll, and vincent isn't even in the discussion for me here.

Rinoa's mannerisms, and all around way of carrying herself, just wouldn't allow for her to be a larger than life figure as it's not really in her nature so much. She seems more like she'd rather keep to herself and not draw too much attention.

Tifa and Rikku on the other hand, are very cheerful and outgoing, and have that "light up the room" personality no matter where they go. I would vote for either of these two ahead of Rinoa, with tidus and vincent going first.

Once it's down to Tifa and Rikku, I just favor Rikku because of her style and she has no connection to any ff male to define her in any way.
Back to top Go down
https://ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

Male Number of posts : 1597
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2007-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Week 5, Cycle 1   Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Week 5, Cycle 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 11:52 am

Yes Jimi Rikku is larger than life, but an icon isn't something larger than life, they are what is lifelike.

Something that is larger than life isn't an icon its a fantasy. Are you going to try to tell that people live up to larger than life, or are you willing to admit that people live to be more like lifelike creations?

Its like you take it two movies. In Bruce Willis' movie The Fifth Element they have this woman that they believe looks like perfect beauty. However I don't think any aspires to look like the depiction of beauty in the Fifth Element which seems very fictious, whereas they will try to live up to some more lifelike figure.

From my own interactions with other girls and their ideas of beautiful it has never been with some more fictitious beauty like Brooke Burke, its always been about some woman with qualities that they appreciate like Eva Green or Kate Beckinsale.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Week 5, Cycle 1   Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Week 5, Cycle 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 6:51 pm

[quote=Vincent]Something that is larger than life isn't an icon its a fantasy.[/quote]This is a fantasy icon lol.

You make a good argument, but for someone to represent an entire fantasy game series, it'd have to be someone more towards the larger than life.

Also, when we talk about appearence, Rikku isn't so far out there. Her body is very proportional and her face is very cute, more than sexy. It's her attitude and moxy that give her the edge.
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

Male Number of posts : 1597

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Week 5, Cycle 1   Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Week 5, Cycle 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 8:37 pm

but if what we are talking about is an icon, then aren't we looking for something that can transplant itself into reality as seemlessly as possible.
Back to top Go down
Silent Contemplation

Silent Contemplation

Male Number of posts : 2885
Job/hobbies : Guitar, Videogames, Listening to music for hours on end.
Biography : I'm a music lover, music is my life. I love to rp, and I'm crazy sometimes. But, I'm nice mostly ^^.

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Week 5, Cycle 1   Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Week 5, Cycle 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 9:15 pm

wtc!? who voted for Tidus?
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Week 5, Cycle 1   Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Week 5, Cycle 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 6:39 am

And rikku's looks are very proportianate, but she still has to has something to set her apart from most, and that's her big time personality. if she existed, she wouldn't be a spectacle like say lulu would be. but as an icon, she'd be fun loving for everyone.

and wtc indeed! that makes things rather difficult. in a way, that makes tifa the winner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Week 5, Cycle 1   Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Week 5, Cycle 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy's Next Top Icon, Week 5, Cycle 1
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2