FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
It's been just over 3 years since FFD opened, and it's been a close knit community, one which we've all been able to share our problems together, talk freely and discuss any kind of topic that we wanted, from Final Fantasy to problems with school.

Unfortunately, the decision was made to archive the board while it still had some minimal activity, rather than let spammers come and take over, which I think we will all agree on. Although there was the fair share of drama, people leaving and not much activity, the fact that we managed to keep it going until now is a statement to say that we weren't going to let it go down without trying our best to keep it open.

So after 3 years, 50000 posts and over 1000 topics later, with one of the best and closest communities on the web, FFDiscussion has closed on the 1st December 2010
FFDiscussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FFDiscussion

Home to final fantasy talks and much more. Rp, thread games, general chat, and show off sections are all active. Enjoy the community!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Admins returning after December 1st, please check the Elite Eight board, and read the sticky thread for more info.

Last movie you saw?

Go down 
+26
lionheart1345
Ben
.Exotic.Angel.
Just_Smile
Sarah
Lucifer Erel
x.Akashia..Chaoz.x
Yunancy
apzrman
Kadaj
oogie-boogie
Keyes
minox2109
Elite
PrimordialFire
Mia
cc01
strawberrylove
shadowed thought
Silent Contemplation
Tif
Senzuba†An'Dor
LeonKnight
AtLossForWords
Jimi
Ricky
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

Male Number of posts : 2201
Rep : 5
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:02 pm

Undead - 5/10

Bad humor, can't tell if it's suppose to be a black comedy or just a comedy, takes the piss out of Aussies (which gets really annoying after 20 minutes). Seems to have quite a lot of stereotypical horror characters (beauty queen, few teenagers, a cop or 2, the almost-silent-but-always-brave man).
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightGabranth

DarkKnightGabranth

Male Number of posts : 279
Job/hobbies : Playing Final Fantasy
Biography : I'll miss you guys alot, I'm sorry I didn't help as much as I should've... If we decide to try again sometime in the future, please tell me if you can, and I promise I'll do better.
Rep : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:21 am

Transformers 2, 7/10: Great movie, but there were too many pointless scenes involving Megan Fox
Back to top Go down
http://tinychat.com/trollparadise
Ricky

Ricky

Male Number of posts : 1130
Job/hobbies : Student
Biography : Checked this for the first time in 6 years. Hope you're all doing well with whatever you're up to these days :)
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:06 am

The Men Who Stare At Goats - 4/10 - As crap as it sounds.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 1:07 am

Kill Bill 1 & 2 - 7/10

Still 2 greats movies since I last saw them, but Vol. 2 drags on a bit with the dialogue, especially since it tries to cram in character background at what seems like the last minute.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightGabranth

DarkKnightGabranth

Biography : I'll miss you guys alot, I'm sorry I didn't help as much as I should've... If we decide to try again sometime in the future, please tell me if you can, and I promise I'll do better.

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 2:08 am

New Moon (trailer): 0/10: Looks worse than the first one. Full of what Stephanie Meyer did with the first one: Setting up all kinds of rules for her characters to follow, then breaking them one by one Neutral And my local news made a big deal out of the premiere, only to give it an F+ when they saw it. (they did the same with Twilight, and gave it a C or D, somewhere in that)
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 2:10 am

hehe, I'd love for our news to review movies. They made a big deal out of it as well. I saw a trailer for it and that Jacob guy looks like a red panda when he transforms into his 'wolf' form.
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

Biography : Checked this for the first time in 6 years. Hope you're all doing well with whatever you're up to these days :)

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 6:12 am

So true :p I saw some people take a picture of the New Moon poster in the middle of the high street in town, and i nearly destroyed their camera. It really is kinda pathetic to be honest, especially all those "I WISH MY BOYFRIEND WAS LIKE A FICTIONAL VAMPIRE THAT F***ING SPARKLES"

Yes, i do get quite angry about it Razz
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

Female Number of posts : 1352
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 5:09 pm

Haha, me too! I hate Twilight--I just don't understand the fasination with it. Then again, I have been reading Anne Rice since I was 14, so they're the "real" vampires in my mind. I remember trying to read Twilight when it first came out, and I had to stop when he sparkled...what the hell? Who thinks of these things?! I wanna punch a baby it makes me so mad! lol Sorry

Pride and Prejudice (2005 version)--8/10. I absolutely adore Keira Knightely, and this had Tom Hollander in it as well, adding to my love of it! lol
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:07 am

Haha, it's fine Razz They're just not vampires at all, it fills me with rage XD
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 7:33 am

The Shining - 8/10 - Not as good as the book, but it's still a pretty good film.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:39 pm

The Crucible - 7/10

Stayed true to the play (though I think it was directed by the guy who did the play), acting was good in it, but I still hate how gullable the people are in it. At least the movie gave me more understanding of each character, than when I read the play.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 4:41 pm

I love The Crucible!! It was writted by the guy who did that play, and I agree with you--the movie helped more with characters than the actual play did!
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 1:43 pm

New Moon - 3/10 - I was dragged along by my girlfriend who wanted to see what all the hype was, and we both regretted it >< It's just an awful film...
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightGabranth

DarkKnightGabranth

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:38 am

Avatar: I cant even give it a score, its such an awesome movie. Even if your not into aliens and all that sci-fi stuff that i love, you will probably love this mvie. I actually hear that its really close to passing Titanic as the highest-grossing film of all time.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 7:16 pm

It's already 4th in the top highest grossing films.

Avatar - 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000/10

The graphics for it were amazing! I have never seen water look so realistic in a cg movie. The story was entertaining as well, despite it being a typical love/action movie, it kept you interested in it for the whole film.

Go the twirling lizards!!!
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Admin
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 7:49 pm

I agree with both of you on Avatar--I liked it so much, I saw it twice! lol
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:55 am

Shirlock Holmes - 8.5/10

Great movie, but it was ruined for me due to turning up 5 minutes late. Took me & 2 other friends 10 minutes to walk to the other side of the cinema in pitch black, then wait for a more brighter scene so we could see where the rest of our friends were sitting.

As for the movie itself, great thinking as to the detail and reference to previous scenes. Loved Downey Jr's acting, but for some reason, I thought that Johnny Depp could've done a better Holmes.
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:42 am

Avatar - 9/10 - Good, but without the 3D it wouldn't have been as good.

Inglorious Basterds - 8/10 - Not as much action as i was hoping for, but still a great film.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:02 am

Hero of Time (fan movie) - 4/10

It looked promising until they showed Link, then it went downhill rapidly and stayed down there. Plus Pedobear makes an appearance in the form of Talon, who out of nowhere asks link to stay at his house.
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:29 am

Why is Pedobear in the film!? Razz
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:06 pm

it's not really pedobear, but talon (who looks really pedo-like) randomly comes up to link and says "You can stay at my inn for the night." then walks off. And the Inn is just a 2 or 3 bedroom house.
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 4:26 am

Mirrors - 6/10 - Wasn't scary at all, just gory, which was a shame because it could have been pretty good from the premise of it. And the ending just ruined it completely -_-

Prom Night - 3/10 - As good as you'd think it'd be ¬¬

Watchmen - 9/10 - Still love it XD
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:15 am

Alice in Wonderland - 8.5/10

Great movie, the inuendo in it is hilarious.
Back to top Go down
apzrman
Admin
apzrman

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:47 pm

Speed Racer - 7.5/10

Only half way through it, but I can tell it's incredibly cheesy on purpose. At least they put effort into making it cheasy, unlike that Zelda fan movie... *shudders*
Back to top Go down
Ricky

Ricky

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 2:46 pm

Anchorman - 8/10 - I didn't think i'd like it. I was pretty surprised.

Clash of the Titans - 3/10 - Massive plot holes, terrible acting, terrible script, poor camera work, a cringe worthy ending, only 3 fight scenes and the ending was inconclusive. But the 3 fight scenes were fairly good with 3D, they just didn't last that long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you saw?   Last movie you saw? - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last movie you saw?
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next